The Evolution of Axl

Vincent Vega

No shit, young Axl wasn't red, bloated, shiny, plastic looking, semi-asian looking. Funny how you seem to pull out pictures from the Appetite era when we are discussing how Axl in his 40's...

Also, where did it say the photo was taken days after the VMAs? Or was that another "fact" you conjured up, just like the Pitman interview.

Well considering the issue here is whether he got botox, plastic surgery, etc, a picture taken from TOKYO 1992 (him smiling) shows that the smile he had the VMAs which you claimed make him look "unrecognizable" is his smile. He must've looked semi-Asian looking in 1992 as well....

Also, I'll get a professional page with those pictures. If I remember right, they date from the first week of September, 2002. The VMAS were August 29th 2002 I believe.

1992 VMAS:

1259284550186_f.jpg

2002 VMAS:

mv5bodczotk1mtezml5bml5.jpg

He looks younger in the 2002 pic. But he looks great in both.

Exactly. I never said he doesn't look good, he looks the best out of all the original members. Doesn't mean he did it natural though.

I never thought of it that much but you are right he does look better than the other 4.

Stevie and Duff look awful (Duff has a great bod though)

Slash looks good to me, but he looks his 45 years.

I have not seen a pic of Izzy lately but from what I saw in the last one he looks his almost 50 years.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2000, even Gilby didnt recoginze Axl. The owner of the club that the gig took place at, introduced Gilby to a man he thought was Axl, and Gilby said ,"no man that aint him". Then Axl said "whats up Gilby". If Gilby didnt recognize Axl in 2000 then that is all the proof I require that Axl had some work done to his face. Of course I know as Axl die-hard anyways. I think this subject is like 8 years old. it was worth discussing in 2002, but now is a waste of time. there should be a ban on threads like this.

Edited by Butters

No shit, young Axl wasn't red, bloated, shiny, plastic looking, semi-asian looking. Funny how you seem to pull out pictures from the Appetite era when we are discussing how Axl in his 40's...

Also, where did it say the photo was taken days after the VMAs? Or was that another "fact" you conjured up, just like the Pitman interview.

Well considering the issue here is whether he got botox, plastic surgery, etc, a picture taken from TOKYO 1992 (him smiling) shows that the smile he had the VMAs which you claimed make him look "unrecognizable" is his smile. He must've looked semi-Asian looking in 1992 as well....

Also, I'll get a professional page with those pictures. If I remember right, they date from the first week of September, 2002. The VMAS were August 29th 2002 I believe.

He doesn't look semi-asian in that photo(not the photo with Elton), which i doubt is from 1992, it looks like Appetite era or pre-Appetite era. When did i ever mention his smile? I mentioned his shiny, plastic, stretched face and eyes. Do you not notice how raised Axl's eyebrows are in all the VMA shots compared to the shot with Elton??

Im not going to comment anymore about this anymore. Show me the page with those pictures INCLUDING the date of the photo, not just the date of the magazine, that won't prove shit, magazines use photos from whenever date, not just at the current time. If you are right, i will withdraw my comments and apologise. If not, you will lose whatever credibility you have left. I garuntee you it won't have a date of the actual photo.

You said his ''plastic stretched face and eyes'' and used a photograph of him smiling at the 2002 VMAS as evidence. I in turn used a photograph of him giving the same smile, which is a screencap from the 1992 Tokyo video, to disprove that he looked shiny or plastic. You said he looked "unrecognizable."

And no, it isn't the AFD era. Axl seemed to imply in his 2006 conversation with Eddie Trunk that the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert was the first time they met, because he mentions if I recall correctly how it was a little awkward given Axl's reputation due to One in a Million. There's only been two other (recorded) instances where they were notably together--The 1992 VMA's, and his induction into the RRHOF in January 1994. And that photo of him and Elton isn't from '94.

Axl's always had "raised eyebrows." Some people have straight ones. Others have curved. His have always been pretty curved.

1992 VMAS:

1259284550186_f.jpg

2002 VMAS:

mv5bodczotk1mtezml5bml5.jpg

He looks younger in the 2002 pic. But he looks great in both.

Well, having facial hair like he does in the 1992 pic will do that to you, whereas his face is bare in 2002.

There is a clear distinct difference in those pictures compared to the 2002 one regardless, but you won't see that because your biased.

Still waiting on proof of the dates of those photos man. I know i won't get them because they won't have the dates there, you just said they were days after the VMAs to support your arguement thinking i wouldn't call you out on them.

Edited by Young_Gun

you are stupid

you are stupid

Keep swinging on Axl's nuts, your doing a bang up job.

Miser, please answer my question. Why does it matter whether Axl got work done or not? I'm expecting a response.

It does not matter one iota whether or not Axl has had work done, but then again, neither do his shoes, if the next album comes out, if he is late to shows, if he is doing a US tour etc etc. All that is really trivial stuff in the long run to us. But it is a discussion. Don't get me wrong, he looks great for his age, and his talent is sublime, but when you have people like Indigo whatever making it out like Axl is God, then i have to call him out on it. This is a poster who thinks Axl would have had the same success with "just another guitarist"(if Slash was never in the picture) for crying out loud, he thinks Axl is the main reason old GnR broke through. Then i see him berating people for their anti-Axl posts, even if they make sense or are true. This isn't HTGTH, but he sure thinks it is. I'm not for silencing anyone, but i'll sure call him out when he is wrong. He is almost as bad as people like BBA.

Also it is a thread pretty much dedicated to Axl's looks, so you could also direct your question to Indigo too.

do you think you can match his dress sense to the type of material he was doing? Like when he has those Korn dreads was he working on Shackler's type stuff. If he made some music now it would be like Hunter S Thompson meets late Beatles.

It probably helps Axl to get into character. When he talked about throwing CITR away after he wrote the song, I thought that sounded like something an actor would do.

I still have no idea what he meant when he was telling us what Catcher is about lol, and i have read the book too.

Guest gunns5

It probably helps Axl to get into character. When he talked about throwing CITR away after he wrote the song, I thought that sounded like something an actor would do.

I still have no idea what he meant when he was telling us what Catcher is about lol, and i have read the book too.

when I think of Axl singing catcher in the rye in a music video, I see him looking like this

axlrose-to2010.jpg

sort of come a full circle, it's like it's an inverted 1994. I think in the 60s when the book was well known teenagers acting out got labelled as suffering from Holden Caulfield Syndrone by some quacks? Not sure if Chapman was the first to be diagnosed but the song keeps it vague enough for listeners to make their own meanings. It sort of deals psychedelically with Lennon's death. You could say Axl is a method writer if he became a sufferer for a night to get the song done. Singing as a HCS sufferer, then as a mental patient, then pays tribute to Lennon? You can connect the dots how you like? And he's singing from the point of view on the shooter in Shackler's, then himself on the chorus? Is ITW sung by Donnie Darko?

Miser, please answer my question. Why does it matter whether Axl got work done or not? I'm expecting a response.

It does not matter one iota whether or not Axl has had work done, but then again, neither do his shoes, if the next album comes out, if he is late to shows, if he is doing a US tour etc etc. All that is really trivial stuff in the long run to us. But it is a discussion. Don't get me wrong, he looks great for his age, and his talent is sublime, but when you have people like Indigo whatever making it out like Axl is God, then i have to call him out on it. This is a poster who thinks Axl would have had the same success with "just another guitarist"(if Slash was never in the picture) for crying out loud, he thinks Axl is the main reason old GnR broke through. Then i see him berating people for their anti-Axl posts, even if they make sense or are true. This isn't HTGTH, but he sure thinks it is. I'm not for silencing anyone, but i'll sure call him out when he is wrong. He is almost as bad as people like BBA.

Also it is a thread pretty much dedicated to Axl's looks, so you could also direct your question to Indigo too.

I understand that it is discussion, and I totally agree that Miser can just be as annoying as BBA, but that is beside the point. Why does he get so offended about this discussion?

He needs to let it go. There's no reason to be uptight about it. You could post a picture of my goddamn dad up there and come up with excuses with his appearance, and I really wouldn't care.

It's not like people are saying Axl looks like shit. That would be a total different topic altogether, and that is not what people are aiming to do. I think he needs to understand that.

cccc.jpg

Unrecognizable, you say?

swwwwo.jpg

Even the most blinkered fan can't SERIOUSLY think he looks the same in those two pics! :lol:

Given that his face shape is the same, yeah I can.

It's a shame you people want to paint him as some plastic surgery addicted, freak white MJ. Next you Slashites will accuse him of molesting kids.

Answer my question.

He's probably my favorite musician. He gets enough shit due to his music, pretty much everything he does, or doesn't do is criticized, and I personally think the plastic surgery BS is just that--BS. It was born out of him being out of the spotlight for a long time and all these Howard Hughes type rumors sprung up due to him being a "recluse"--Even though he wasn't a recluse like Hughes was, he was just out of the "public eye." But I'm sure someone like you would believe Axl grew his fingernails to be 11 inches and watched the same movie 200 times a day. You'd push that rumor if you and your side could.

If you want to paint a celebrity as a creepy freak, the best way to do it post MJ is to claim they've had extensive plastic surgery. And I believe that was at work here. I see it as slander against Axl, and it pisses me off as a fan. Legitimate beefs like him showing up late, or him doing this or that I can understand, but not mud slinging bullshit aimed to basically make him look like a freak of nature.

Edited by Indigo Child

Answer my question.

He's probably my favorite musician. He gets enough shit due to his music, pretty much everything he does, or doesn't do is criticized, and I personally think the plastic surgery BS is just that--BS. It was born out of him being out of the spotlight for a long time and all these Howard Hughes type rumors sprung up due to him being a "recluse"--Even though he wasn't a recluse like Hughes was, he was just out of the "public eye." But I'm sure someone like you would believe Axl grew his fingernails to be 11 inches and watched the same movie 200 times a day. You'd push that rumor if you and your side could.

If you want to paint a celebrity as a creepy freak, the best way to do it post MJ is to claim they've had extensive plastic surgery. And I believe that was at work here. I see it as slander against Axl, and it pisses me off as a fan. Legitimate beefs like him showing up late, or him doing this or that I can understand, but not mud slinging bullshit aimed to basically make him look like a freak of nature.

But does it really matter what people think about Axl? People will say things regardless, you need to let go of this and let Axl take the punches. Besides, for all you know Axl may not care at all. The guy is a grown man. He doesn't need a nineteen year old to protect his image.

Plus it is kind of creepy. I can understand if you were defending him for a falsely excluded murder, but for an appearance? C'mon man!

Answer my question.

But does it really matter what people think about Axl? People will say things regardless, you need to let go of this and let Axl take the punches. Besides, for all you know Axl may not care at all. The guy is a grown man. He doesn't need a nineteen year old to protect his image.

Plus it is kind of creepy. I can understand if you were defending him for a falsely excluded murder, but for an appearance? C'mon man!

I'm sure if people said Slash is wearing a wig, it'd bother you ;)

Answer my question.

I'm sure if people said Slash is wearing a wig, it'd bother you ;)

I couldn't care less.