BumbleFoot Launches Social App $$$

LaRocker

"A Fan Club membership type thang, in the form of a Twitter-like social app where exclusive pics, audio, video and text messages will be shared - also thinking of giveaways for members like........

Exclusive chat schedules,

Guitar Lick Of the Month - video / TAB,

Guitar picks used at different shows (mailed to ya),

A 10-minute personal 'Ask Me Anything' session,

1-song acoustic personal Skype performance,

30-minute Skype guitar lesson

The app is done, company charges around $2/month subscription, no requirements, just pay whatever month ya want in.

More details about the app when it's ready to go and I'm prepped to carry out all these things I wanna offer...

Ron"

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5338

Wow, I guess the sellout $lash, has much to learn from this guy... :violin:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

fuck off cupcake, difference is Ron is doing this for the fans, and hes not profiting for it , its the company

and seeing as you brang slash into this argument, that sellout would steal a shirt of a fans back if it meant he could trade it in for 10cents or 5 seconds more of limelight.

Edited by gunns5

fuck off cupcake, difference is Ron is doing this for the fans, and hes not profiting for it , its the company

and seeing as you brang slash into this argument, that sellout would steal a shirt of a fans back if it meant he could trade it in for 10cents or 5 seconds more of limelight.

of course he does it for the fans :thumbsup:

So he just does it for free, and meanwhile feeds a company with 2$ a head without getting his share, and even for something that if he really wanted it to be free, could perfectly do it on his own. You seem like a big fan of him, the guy is talented and I respect that, but please get real.

So he just does it for free, and meanwhile feeds a company with 2$ a head without getting his share, and even for something that if he really wanted it to be free, could perfectly do it on his own. You seem like a big fan of him, the guy is talented and I respect that, but please get real.

Ron does many things for the fans like plays guitar outside hotels for two hours after a show

Or spending time with the fans taking photos hanging out

I think he just wants to do something interactive with the fans

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

$2 for a 30 minute guitar lesson from Bumble is a pretty sweet deal

"Selling out" means doing something you don't believe in just for the sake of money.

Ron has been doing this kind of stuff ever since I've known him so I don't really see how this is selling out...

Do you really expect him to give guitar lessons and exclusive copyrighted material for free ^^' ?

Besides, 2 dollars for exclusive audio, video, pictures, and also possibly Q&A and private guitar lesson is a pretty sweet deal... :shrugs:

FIRE BUMBLEFOOT, RETIRE AXL, LORD SLASH MUST SHINE AND NO ONE MUST GET IN HIS WAY AT ALL COSTS.

WE SLASHITES ARE AT WAR WITH AXL. WE WILL NOT STOP UNTIL AXL ROSE NEVER STEPS OUT OF HIS HOUSE AGAIN, OR MAYBE WE'LL GET HIM IN JAIL, FOR LIFE! VIVA LA SLASH!

A 10-minute personal 'Ask Me Anything' session (I wonder if he'll answer anything related to GNR),

All of that for two dollars? I wipe my ass with two dollars. Not many people are going to buy this, so he could probably make a lot more money by milking every dollar he could from his few fans. Just goes to show how much he cares about them, imo. Seeing as Slash has been brought up by the OP, I think it's fair to say that Slash would most likely charge about 50+ for his fan club and it would include no personal stuff like guitar lessons and ask me anything sessions. Just "exclusive" (mass-produced) shit like bonus tracks and posters.

..and to think, Adler charges 7500 just to have lunch. Cheap swine probably doesn't even cover the tip.

A 10-minute personal 'Ask Me Anything' session (I wonder if he'll answer anything related to GNR),

All of that for two dollars? I wipe my ass with two dollars. Not many people are going to buy this, so he could probably make a lot more money by milking every dollar he could from his few fans. Just goes to show how much he cares about them, imo. Seeing as Slash has been brought up by the OP, I think it's fair to say that Slash would most likely charge about 50+ for his fan club and it would include no personal stuff like guitar lessons and ask me anything sessions. Just "exclusive" (mass-produced) shit like bonus tracks and posters.

..and to think, Adler charges 7500 just to have lunch. Cheap swine probably doesn't even cover the tip.

Adler does that? I hung with him a bunch of times (no charge and he bought me drinks).

No, you dont get all that for just 2$, you pay 2$ a month to be in the club, and sometimes there should be something like a draft and you might win one of those things. Just to tell you that when Slash was in my country on his last tour he jammed with a fan and made him a tatoo during the afternoon, ok the guy won a contest anyways Slash could have refused but he didnt, not like a 30 min fast counted guitar lesson and bye bye, now pay the monthly fee.

What I dont like to see is this "shredder" who has no GNR spirit at all, milking the name of my favourite band for his own proffit.

Edited by LaRocker

"milking the name of my favourite band"...

lol

First of all, he's PART of this band, whether you accept it or not.

Then, I fail to see how this fan club membership is GnR related at all...I mean, hadn't you posted it here, this news wouldn't have left the Bumblefoot boards at all so...

lol

Then, I fail to see how this fan club membership is GnR related at all...I mean, hadn't you posted it here, this news wouldn't have left the Bumblefoot boards at all so...

He's grabbing GNR fans who previously had no ideia who he was into his quick buck money making machine, besides I saw this articule on another GNR board, I dont hang out on bumble's forums.

No, you dont get all that for just 2$, you pay 2$ a month to be in the club, and sometimes there should be something like a draft and you might win one of those things. Just to tell you that when Slash was in my country on his last tour he jammed with a fan and made him a tatoo during the afternoon, ok the guy won a contest anyways Slash could have refused but he didnt, not like a 30 min fast counted guitar lesson and bye bye, now pay the monthly fee.

What I dont like to see is this "shredder" who has no GNR spirit at all, milking the name of my favourite band for his own proffit.

Why post this in a negative? A lot of people around here are going to sign up and enjoy the app... after the years and years of no contact things like this are a breath of fresh air. This has nothing to do with Slash... do you think he'd think you were cool for bashing Ron? Slash probably respects the guy.

Edited by axl8302

Just a personnal anecdote : back in 2003, I emailed Ron and wished him a merry x-mas at the time ( little did I know that he was jewish ) because I had found out that he took care of all orders on his website personally so I thought it would be cool.

Not only did he reply to me but he sent me a link to a hidden part of his website where I could download an ( at the time ) exclusive Outkast lounge cover album he had done for free.

Back in 2005 I was pretty depressed for personnal reasons and since the Bumbleforum was the place I used to hang a lot, I wrote about it. Ron not only took the time to comment on it but also sent me several PMs just to make sure it was OK, and told me that the forum was pointless if we couldn't be there for each other.

At my Bumblefoot concert in 2002, he was horribly ill, looked like he was about to overdose on flu medication but he still took the time to write some nice words on my 9.11 album though the promoters told me he had to rest.

Had a few chats with him back in 2003 right after the tour and Ron has always been very honnest about his views on the music industry, considering his often horrible personal experiences.

Ron is a genuine class act and the most talented musician I have ever seen. I have absolutely no problem with him being as successful as he can.

He's grabbing GNR fans who previously had no ideia who he was into his quick buck money making machine, besides I saw this articule on another GNR board, I dont hang out on bumble's forums.

So basically he should promote himself exclusively through a Bumbleforum newsletter in case a GnR fan finds out and gets everybody else infected by reposting the shit ?

Edited by The Glow Inc.

lol

INDEED. RETIRE RON. LORD, ST, HOLY MAN SLASH MUST WIN!!!! FOREVER!!!!

lol

INDEED. RETIRE RON. LORD, ST, HOLY MAN SLASH MUST WIN!!!! FOREVER!!!!

Please leave

Come on, it's Ron, he's cool. He's not cashing in on the fans or making a ton of money by using his GNR fame. He would've done the same thing had he been on his own all this time.

This is nowhere near that $ellout, endorse anything, top hat & flannel shirt wearing, cigarrette smoking, les paul playing DJ Ashba. <_<

Just a personnal anecdote : back in 2003, I emailed Ron and wished him a merry x-mas at the time ( little did I know that he was jewish ) because I had found out that he took care of all orders on his website personally so I thought it would be cool.

Not only did he reply to me but he sent me a link to a hidden part of his website where I could download an ( at the time ) exclusive Outkast lounge cover album he had done for free.

Back in 2005 I was pretty depressed for personnal reasons and since the Bumbleforum was the place I used to hang a lot, I wrote about it. Ron not only took the time to comment on it but also sent me several PMs just to make sure it was OK, and told me that the forum was pointless if we couldn't be there for each other.

At my Bumblefoot concert in 2002, he was horribly ill, looked like he was about to overdose on flu medication but he still took the time to write some nice words on my 9.11 album though the promoters told me he had to rest.

Had a few chats with him back in 2003 right after the tour and Ron has always been very honnest about his views on the music industry, considering his often horrible personal experiences.

Ron is a genuine class act and the most talented musician I have ever seen. I have absolutely no problem with him being as successful as he can.

I dont know him as a person, Im pretty sure he cares about you because you seem like a long time fan, im sure you aren't lying but I haven't seen any "class act" from him when GNR came here, the only ones who seemed to care a bit were Richard and DJ.

Im sure the guy could have done it for free if he was still underground, his fan base exploded due to GNR, he is very talented I also believe he his tecnically better than Slash but sadly he is not GNR material, but he is acting like he is and I just don't like that.