Has this been posted?

snooze72

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Articles like this always make me wish Axl, or even the band members, would talk more about the 98-02 'era'. Awesome article...

I think because of what actually happened during those years, none of the band members(and ex band members) will talk about what went on. If what the article says is true, then its no wonder why it took so long for the record. The fact that the ex-engineer for the band talks openly about what happened gives this article alot of credibility. Naturally there will be people here who believe Axl is perfect and will deny any of the sort.

Articles like this always make me wish Axl, or even the band members, would talk more about the 98-02 'era'. Awesome article...

I think because of what actually happened during those years, none of the band members(and ex band members) will talk about what went on. If what the article says is true, then its no wonder why it took so long for the record. The fact that the ex-engineer for the band talks openly about what happened gives this article alot of credibility. Naturally there will be people here who believe Axl is perfect and will deny any of the sort.

I don't really think they'll talk about it, either, but it would definately be interesting...

I always got the vibe that this 'era' was Axl at his most volatile, which is something I've always thought was pretty cool (for lack of a better word).

I wish they had filmed the making of Chinese Democracy. Hopefully someday someone will write a book on it. The whole process of making CD is endlessly fascinating to me. Can't wait to hear the second installment.

Edited by ITW 2012

cool article,

but not that news, as we got all this infos before, and long ago.

but the article is just, is telling as it was and not trying to make the reader to eat up the writer's opinion about it, as it's just gives info. this is what journalism is about, the real one. as we can make up for ourselves what went down.

yes it was on Axl. who deny it?!

I like the part were it's written that Chinese Democracy was to complex for radio!

fucking aye!

that's what a rock album should be! fuck radio friendly! :rofl-lol:

I wish they had filmed the making of Chinese Democracy. Hopefully someday someone will write a book on it.

I think they did film it. Or a lot of it. And I'm sure there will be a book out on it, just not sure anybody outside this board will care.

well it's human nature to assume that one is the center of the world...

you do know that there are tens of forums all over the world, don't you? so why come up with this lamentation?

cool article,

but not that news, as we got all this infos before, and long ago.

but the article is just, is telling as it was and not trying to make the reader to eat up the writer's opinion about it, as it's just gives info. this is what journalism is about, the real one. as we can make up for ourselves what went down.

yes it was on Axl. who deny it?!

I like the part were it's written that Chinese Democracy was to complex for radio!

fucking aye!

that's what a rock album should be! fuck radio friendly! :rofl-lol:

I meant that people will deny that the lateness of the record was because of Axl, you joke.

Good read.

What exactly was the issue between Bucket and Robin? Personality clash? Artistic clash? Both??

I read that personality wise, Robin and Bucket didn't get along.

I also read that Tommy didn't like Paul Tobias because he felt Tobias wasn't really fit for Guns, partially because Paul had never toured with any band, and also that he didn't have "the chops."

Of course, no one mentions the passive-aggressive Slash (who is, as always, ready to contribute to an article which paints Axl negatively) quote where he says that the beginning of the end was the synthesizer on Paradise City. I find his Fergie songs more offensive than any Paradise City synth.

Finally a good read about Gunsnroses and specially Axl. For me very interesting facts and private gossips: A Finck-Bucket clash? never heard it before.

Thanks for posting.

and yes, where is it from?

Synth on PC was unnecessary.

It adds to the song.

I'll never get the people who hate synth on anything. Slash seems to be one of those types, but then again this is the same guy who didn't see anything of real value in Sweet Child O' Mine, which is what launched GN'R from the Sunset Strip. Slash is so fucking closeminded it's not even funny. Although, he's recently decided to hop on to whatever is current, the same thing he once criticized Axl for.

He plays generic sounding STP style grunge now, and it sucks. His solo CD, too, was generic.

I also read that Tommy didn't like Paul Tobias because he felt Tobias wasn't really fit for Guns, partially because Paul had never toured with any band, and also that he didn't have "the chops."

Wtf? Where do you pull this stuff from?

"Another source says there's tension between [Tommy and Paul Huge] because Huge 'has the whole Guns attitude but he's never toured.'" (Spin, 07/99)

"There were guys who'd never ever made a record putting out their ideas. At first, those of us who'd actually made records thought their ideas sucked, but there were also some good ones." (Tommy, Bass Player, 04/09)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=54775#p54775

Edited by Indigo Child

It adds to the song.

I'll never get the people who hate synth on absolutely everything. Slash seems to be one of those types, but then again this is the same guy who didn't see anything of real value in Sweet Child O' Mine, which is what launched GN'R from the Sunset Strip. Slash is so fucking closeminded it's not even funny. Although, he's recently decided to hop on to whatever is current, the same thing he once criticized Axl for.

He plays generic sounding STP style grunge now, and it sucks. His solo CD, too, was generic.

Some people think hard rock should stay pure. Two guitars, one bass,one singer and one drummer. There's no need for fucking 80's synth in 70's hard rock (which is what AFD is). If someone wants synth, that's fine. Go start a fucking NIN style band, using computers etc. I like all kinds of genres but mixing them together is usually not a good idea imo.

Edited by Nintari

It adds to the song.

I'll never get the people who hate synth on absolutely everything. Slash seems to be one of those types, but then again this is the same guy who didn't see anything of real value in Sweet Child O' Mine, which is what launched GN'R from the Sunset Strip. Slash is so fucking closeminded it's not even funny. Although, he's recently decided to hop on to whatever is current, the same thing he once criticized Axl for.

Some people think hard rock should stay pure. Two guitars, one bass,one singer and one drummer. There's no need for fucking 80's synth in 70's hard rock (which is what AFD is). If someone wants synth, that's fine. Go start a fucking NIN style band, using computers etc. I like all kinda of genres but mixing them together is usually not a good idea imo.

A lot of "pure rock" bands have had keyboard and/or piano players.

See, for example, the Rolling Stones, who had two different piano players (Nicky Hopkins and Ian Stewart).

Even Led Zeppelin would add piano to some of their songs. I mean they're considered the first Heavy Rock band and yet their bassist was also a keyboardist who did lots of keyboard and effects laden intros and added little synthy stuff to other songs.

Even Slash had Dizzy play keyboards on "Back and Forth Again".

And no, AFD is very 80's, both in sound and in style. It has some elements of 70s Hard Rock (mostly, IMO, added by Izzy), but a lot more of early '80s metal and Sunset Strip sleaze.

Edited by Indigo Child