Has this been posted?

snooze72

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash's issue with the synth in Paradise City has nothing to do with close-mindedness or a bad attitude. From what I remember, he was annoyed Axl had recorded it without telling anyone in the band. They didn't find out until they heard the final mix. That's what he means when he says it was the "beginning of the end" — Axl wasn't consulting his bandmates over music decisions. Even Izzy commented on this behavior in the press when My World was included on Use Your Illusion II to his surprise..

Also, I think you take Slash's initial distaste for Sweet Child way too seriously, Miser. Had he liked the song, he probably wouldn't have been motivated to write the dark solo/outro. That's clearly him steering the song in another direction, similarly to what Axl claimed he did in transforming It's So Easy from a weird folksy ballad to the sledgehammer rock song we know it as. It's simply a product of the collaborative process..

Do us all a favor and trade in this silly, emotional "He hated Sweet Child! He hated Sweet Child :shocked::o !!!!" argument for something a little more creative. As if the songs Slash was more interested in writing — Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, and Coma are anything to laugh at..

-Kickingthehabit

Slash's issue with the synth in Paradise City has nothing to do with close-mindedness or a bad attitude. From what I remember, he was annoyed Axl had recorded it without telling anyone in the band. They didn't find out until they heard the final mix. That's what he means when he says it was the "beginning of the end" — Axl wasn't consulting his bandmates over music decisions. Even Izzy commented on this behavior in the press when My World was included on Use Your Illusion II to his surprise..

Also, I think you take Slash's initial distaste for Sweet Child way too seriously, Miser. Had he liked the song, he probably wouldn't have been motivated to write the dark solo/outro. That's clearly him steering the song in another direction, similarly to what Axl claimed he did in transforming It's So Easy from a weird folksy ballad to the sledgehammer rock song we know it as. It's simply a product of the collaborative process..

Do us all a favor and trade in this silly, emotional "He hated Sweet Child! He hated Sweet Child :shocked::o !!!!" argument for something a little more creative. As if the songs Slash was more interested in writing — Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, and Coma are anything to laugh at..

-Kickingthehabit

I'm not going to even discuss this with you.

You have your side, your opinions, I have mine.

Your opinions won't change, your crusade will continue, so must mine.

Dialogue between enemies is redundant.

That's the first time I'd read that Bucket hated Robin. I always thought he left due to the inertia around the band and a wish to go back to his own projects. Anyone else have anything on this?

Bucket is loonier than Axl and for reasons unknown (and unknown to Robin as well I'd guess), he hated him. I'm sure there were other reasons, but it was a biggie.

I like all sorts of music, from Bach/Beethoven to Lady GaGa/Slipknot. If a certain sound can make a song better, artificial or not, I say go for it.

However, the synth in Paradise City does not make the song better, and sounds very out of place. I'm not a fan of it. Unnecessary.

I like all sorts of music, from Bach/Beethoven to Lady GaGa/Slipknot. If a certain sound can make a song better, artificial or not, I say go for it.

However, the synth in Paradise City does not make the song better, and sounds very out of place. I'm not a fan of it. Unnecessary.

This. The chords played on the synth match the power chords played on the electric guitar on the song. So even if the synth was removed, the guitar would be playing the same notes anyway. Unnecessary maybe, but it didn't hurt the song at all. But like Kickingthehabit posted, it wasn't the actual synth that meant the beginning of the end, it was Axl's actions without consulting the band. First i have heard that the synth was Axl's doing though, i knew Izzy didn't know My World was going to be on the record but never knew about the Paradise City issue.

It says in the article that part of the reason why Buckethead left the band was because he hated Ronin Finck. Where are they getting this information from? I have never heard of anything like Bucket not getting along with Robin before.

It says in the article that part of the reason why Buckethead left the band was because he hated Ronin Finck. Where are they getting this information from? I have never heard of anything like Bucket not getting along with Robin before.

yeah i almost feel that this article made up a few facts..........

This. The chords played on the synth match the power chords played on the electric guitar on the song. So even if the synth was removed, the guitar would be playing the same notes anyway. Unnecessary maybe, but it didn't hurt the song at all. But like Kickingthehabit posted, it wasn't the actual synth that meant the beginning of the end, it was Axl's actions without consulting the band. First i have heard that the synth was Axl's doing though, i knew Izzy didn't know My World was going to be on the record but never knew about the Paradise City issue.

Izzy wasn't around for the last UYI sessions and not even the mixing sessions. Slash had to ''double up'' for him because most of his Izzy's guitar work was unfinished or incomplete, or on some tracks, not there. If a guy doesn't show up for the last however many rounds of recording, is it not possible a song was recorded and he doesn't know about it?

I don't think My World was placed on there under the cover of night as a secret plot by Axl. I mean even Slash claimed Izzy wasn't around very much at all at this point. He even went so far as to claim Izzy doesn't really play on most of the UYIs.

I'm with you. What do we know about that? And anything other than facts or quotes doesn't convince me.