End of Days Instrumental?

nambis

when Axl released the 7-page reply to the CD release chat sessions, he said (in regards to CD being a solo record, not a GNR record):

"The instrumental I wrote for End of Days that’s more a solo effort at least presently."

I know Oh My God was on the End of Days soundtrack, but I wasn't ever aware of an Axl instrumental. Does anyone know where I might hear this?

Thanks.

"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Axl didn't write that on his own. Tobias wrote most of the guitar parts etc. And second, there IS an instrumental version out there, albeit fan made. I know because I heard it back in 1999.

Dizzy and Paul wrote Oh My God a full two years before End of Days...

Axl wrote his lyrics at the last minute to fit the movie's theme and I suppose his own feelings.

Axl: "I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it. That's kind of tough. It's like you got to go in against these new guys who kicked ass. You finally got the song musically where you wanted to, and then you have to figure out how to go in and kick its ass and be one person competing against this wall of sound.

Why I chose to do it that way is that, you know, I can sit and write poetry 'til hell freezes over, and getting attached to any particular set of words... I felt that I would write to those words in a dated fashion, and we really wouldn't get the best music. "Oh My God" is a perfect example. When we finally got "Oh My God" where it needed to be, then I got the right words to it. With "Appetite," I wrote a lot of the words first, but in, like, "Oh My God," I wrote the words second, but the music was written like "Appetite." We kept developing it until it we got it right. [With] "Appetite," everything had been worked on, and worked on, and worked on. That was not the case with "Use Your Illusion."

Edited by Indigo Child

First off, Axl didn't write that on his own. Tobias wrote most of the guitar parts etc. And second, there IS an instrumental version out there, albeit fan made. I know because I heard it back in 1999.

The OP is NOT asking about an 'Oh My God' Instrumental... he's talking about the experimental piece that none of us have heard: "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and Me?"

That's actually not fan made, there's a programme you can use to split the tracks. That "demo" splits directly into two tracks, the "fan-made instrumental" is one of those tracks. I'll try and find them for you.

The OP is NOT asking about an 'Oh My God' Instrumental... he's talking about the experimental piece that none of us have heard: "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and Me?"

yea, i'm not talking about an instrumental version of Oh My God - instead, i'm talking about an Axl solo instrumental that was produced for the film and that Axl mentioned in the quote above. I didn't know it had a name. axl8302, can you give us any more information on the title "Daddy can the devil do mommy and me?" i've never heard of that before.

thanks.

yea, i'm not talking about an instrumental version of Oh My God - instead, i'm talking about an Axl solo instrumental that was produced for the film and that Axl mentioned in the quote above. I didn't know it had a name. axl8302, can you give us any more information on the title "Daddy can the devil do mommy and me?" i've never heard of that before.

thanks.

Axl never gave us any more information on the title other than to imply that it relates to or was inspired by the few scenes of the movie he had seen. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but check it out, I'm sure you'll get it.

OT but another film which inspired Axl musically was Kundun. It inspired him to write the song Chinese Democracy.

Here is the Oh My God Instrumental and it's not fan made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--CyTwt5B0&feature=youtube_gdata

Thanks for bacardimayne and evader.

It's not "fan made"? What do you mean by that? What I meant by "fan made" was that a fan used a program to strip the vocal track off...thus, making it "fan made". Are you saying that Axl released this? Because if a fan took the vocal track of then it is, indeed, fan made.

thanks.

Axl never gave us any more information on the title other than to imply that it relates to or was inspired by the few scenes of the movie he had seen. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but check it out, I'm sure you'll get it.

OT but another film which inspired Axl musically was Kundun. It inspired him to write the song Chinese Democracy.

Yeah, he didn't give us anything more than the title.

The title refers to a scene in the film where Gabriel Byrne (the devil) has a threesome with a mother and her daughter.

It's not "fan made"? What do you mean by that? What I meant by "fan made" was that a fan used a program to strip the vocal track off...thus, making it "fan made". Are you saying that Axl released this? Because if a fan took the vocal track of then it is, indeed, fan made.

Whatever it is, it rocks. Are you a fan of Oh My God Nintari?

Hell yeah. The moment I heard it I thought it was great. I remember back on the gnronline forum, Axl made a thread asking all of us what we thought and I was like one of the few that actually said I thought it was cool. He thanked me for having an "open mind" lol. He was taking it so hard up the ass, it wasn't even funny.

Hell yeah. The moment I heard it I thought it was great. I remember back on the gnronline forum, Axl made a thread asking all of us what we thought and I was like one of the few that actually said I thought it was cool. He thanked me for having an "open mind" lol. He was taking it so hard up the ass, it wasn't even funny.

I know it was a different direction for the band, but I really don't get why it got so little love when it was released! It's fucking badass.

I wish the GNRONLINE chats were archived.

I think perhaps it was thought that by "fan made" you had meant "fan recorded" and not that it was taken from the actual song, which this was.

I think perhaps it was thought that by "fan made" you had meant "fan recorded" and not that it was taken from the actual song, which this was.

Yeah, that is it. I didn't express my self correctly, my bad. I got your point Nintari, and you are kind of right.

Well, I find it weird that I can't find anywhere any version of Oh My God with such a great quality as the instrumental version.