Slash praises Axl-new artcile

Riddick Bowe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me save the Axlites some time:

Slash has a hidden agenda, he's performed with Fergie. Fortus is more GNR than Slash. I am angry at this article. My day is ruined. He is a media whore. Buckethead plays a better "Nightrain." Ashba plays a better SCOM. Slash is for mullet heads. Axl I worship thee despite the handle-bar mustache. There will be no reunion. Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece. Del James is a great interviewer. Scraped is my favorite GNR song of all-time. Axl is last man standing.

/SOB

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You forgot $la$h LOL

I translated it for you guys, im norwegian and did it in a hurry:

Slash praises Axl

Slash, former Guns N' Roses guitarist, says Axl Rose is one of the greatest rock vocalists ever.

The Old Guns N 'Roses members are not exactly buddies, but still believes Slash Axl Rose is one of the greatest vocalists.

- Axl has always been in my eyes one of the best frontmen/vocalists in rock n 'roll, says Slash.

Guns N 'Roses in its original form, was a great band, says Slash.

Guns N 'Roses lead singer Axl Rose and his former guitarist Slash has not been on speaking terms in recent years. That the two would get to play together again seem increasingly very distant.

But despite his relationship with his former band mate he will still argue that Axl Rose is one of the best rock vocalists.

In December, Axl Rose was named the best singer of the music site Musicradar.com. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly says Slash that he thought it was appropriate.

- It was actually pretty cool, he says.

- After all, when all is said and done, we have had our disagreements about both the one and the others. But I would never undermine the fact that I thought Guns N' Roses, in its original form, was one of the best rock bands, and Axl has always in my eyes been one of the best frontmen / vocalists in rock n' roll. Period, says Slash.

But when he is asked to set up their own list of all-time singers, he is a little more doubtful if Axl end up on top.

- It can happen. I've never really thought about it ... you have Roger Daltrey, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant and Mick Jagger. I would probably say Mick Jagger, just because he has held for so long and is one of the most charismatic front figures ever, he explains.

- If I were to set up a top five list would Axl been there. And John Lennon, he said.

Slash is currently looking for new vocalist for his band Velvet Revolver at the same time he again set out on tour as a solo artist - this time as support for Ozzy Osbourne.

On Velvet Revolver front has long been silent. The band constantly chasing a new lead singer after Scott Weiland was fired in 2008. Slash says that they are still working on several candidates, but will not divulge any names.

- We have a list of people we are considering right now, but we have not decided. But a decision will likely be made in the coming weeks.

- Are there any familiar names?

- It is definitely a name that is reasonably familiar, yes, a secretive Slash.

So has anyone broken Slash's code yet to find out what Slash really said about Axl? I bet if you play the interview backwards he is really saying Axl is an asshole.........

I think I found the catch

- After all, when all is said and done, we have had our disagreements about both the one and the others. But I would never undermine the fact that I thought Guns N' Roses, in its original form, was one of the best rock bands, and Axl has always in my eyes been one of the best frontmen / vocalists in rock n' roll. Period, says Slash.

its OLD GUND PROMOTION :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Edited by Jyrgen

So has anyone broken Slash's code yet to find out what Slash really said about Axl? I bet if you play the interview backwards he is really saying Axl is an asshole.........

Why is this necessary?

Do you think by posting this stuff here you're somehow going to end the new band?

What is the goal?

Why is this necessary?

Do you think by posting this stuff here you're somehow going to end the new band?

What is the goal?

Maybe he's just, you know, joking :shrugs:

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

I'm talking about the thread in general.

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

Because this is a forum dipshit.

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

A forum with sections made for specific items of discussion.

What's the goal in posting it in this particular section other than to start shit? Other than to start arguments and re-ignite the same bitterness? You're not new here. You know how it goes.

Notice that no "New GN'R" fan goes into the VR section to post shit about new GN'R?

You think starting threads here about Slash is going to end the new band? Wrong, boy.

Edited by Indigo Child

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

What's the goal in posting it in this particular section other than to start shit? Other than to start arguments and re-ignite the same bitterness? You're not new here. You know how it goes.

Notice that no "New GN'R" fan goes into the VR section to post shit about new GN'R?

You think starting threads here about Slash is going to end the new band? Wrong, boy.

Notice this is Slash talking about the band GN'R, which is pretty much GN'R related discussion.

And the only one who has an issue with this is you, and you don't matter anyway.

Plus you start shit all the time. You are the one antagonizing this right now, actually. Fuck off.

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

Notice this is Slash talking about the band GN'R, which is pretty much GN'R related discussion.

And the only one who has an issue with this is you, and you don't matter anyway.

Plus you start shit all the time. You are the one antagonizing this right now, actually. Fuck off.

He's talking about the ORIGINAL GUNS N ROSES. He even said that exactly himself--"the original Guns N' Roses"

For which there is a section specifically made for discussion along that line.

No, see, I don't start shit. I respond to assholes like you who either want to rain on everyone's parade, or who somehow in a warped way think they're aiding their leader by making these sort of threads. I will antagonize fuckers like yourself who come to this section just to start shit.

This thread was made just for that purpose. Don't be a fucking puss and try to deny it.

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

He's talking about the ORIGINAL GUNS N ROSES. He even said that exactly himself--"the original Guns N' Roses"

No, see, I don't start shit. I respond to assholes like you who either want to rain on everyone's parade, or who somehow in a warped way think they're aiding their leader by making these sort of threads. I will antagonize fuckers like yourself who come to this section just to start shit.

This thread was made just for that purpose. Don't be a fucking puss and try to deny it.

You're such a loser. Go do us all a favor and kill yourself.

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

Lovely but empty comeback. You know I've called you on your shit and so you respond with petty insults.

You know, Slash would be ashamed of you. He's not proud of you. I know you probably think he is and it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but he isn't.

Why is this necessary?

What is the goal?

Lovely but empty comeback. You know I've called you on your shit and so you respond with petty insults.

You know, Slash would be ashamed of you. He's not proud of you. I know you probably think he is and it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but he isn't.

Do I care what Slash thinks of me? Fuck no I don't. I'm not Slash nor do I pretend to be him.

And no that wasn't a comeback. I was being serious. Fuck off and die.

Only someone with serious issues would be disturbed that this article was posted. Indigo you are not going to get a GNR party pass. Restraining order maybe, party pass doubtful.

Stop tonguing Madison's ass.

I ain't disturbed by it. I'm pissed off not by the article, but by the fact that you guys seem to WANT to piss off fans of Axl or the new band. That seems to be your MO. Posting it here in this section was done so for one reason and one reason only--to start shit. And you know it just as well as I do.

I don't care about a fucking "party pass." You owe Maddy royalties for that phrase anyway, dick.

Edited by Indigo Child

Only someone with serious issues would be disturbed that this article was posted. Indigo you are not going to get a GNR party pass. Restraining order maybe, party pass doubtful.

Stop tonguing Madison's ass.

I ain't disturbed by it. I'm pissed off not by the article, but by the fact that you guys seem to WANT to piss off fans of Axl or the new band. That seems to be your MO.

I don't care about a fucking "party pass." You owe Maddy royalties for that phrase anyway, dick.

I couldn't help notice the last word you chose to use. By chance, are you hungry?

No, BBA, I'm not Steven Adler:

"We'd go out and meet chicks- older women- who would take us back to their Beverly Hills homes. They'd give us booze, coke, they'd feed us, really. All we had to do was fuck them. Occasionally a guy would pick me up. In return for a blowjob, I'd get a little dope and maybe 30 or 40 bucks." -- Steven "Popcorn" Adler, disgraced ex-GN'R drummer and professional Heroin addict.

Edited by Indigo Child