Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOST- Man I miss that one...

Curb- Which could be the most like real life TV show I've ever watched. It's uncanny. Some days I swear I'm Larry David.

Freaks and Geeks- Like going back in a time machine just for the laughs. Years since I watched it, but have no doubt I'll go back at some juncture.

Psych- My top show right now, but I'm all for obscure 80's references, and the dialog between Shaun and Gus is TV gold.

Rome, Carnivale

no payoff. two frustrating programs.

but, you said you loved rome. carnivale would have been AMAZING had HBO continued the 6 season run as planned.

oh i liked very it much. just frustrated how it ended.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I never usually watch most TV series and deride all my mates who say idiotic things like how 24 and House are the greatest artistic achievements of all time (well, I am paraphrasing but the way they go on about them....)

However in the last month I have watched all of The Wire. I genuinely did not realise TV could be that good.

Reckon I may give The Sopranos a go if I find the time, as I never really got into it and a friend of mine told me it is the only show he has seen with such quality and depth and I do not think I have ever heard a bad word about it.

If you have never seen or heard of Chris Morris I recommend everything he has done. It is all literally perfect. He made that film Four Lions that came out last year (I think) which was very good.

I can not recommend BrassEye or The Day Today high enough (the latter featuring Alan Partridge too, another incredibly good comedy.) Although I imagine Coogan and Morris may solely be very British tastes.

Edited by JAC185

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Has Cold Case been mentioned? I love that show I'm watching a series I had missed before at the moment. Love it!