Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here... I dated a girl last year who was crazy about it, so I really tried to get into it, but I simply couldn't.

And on the year before, I dated a girl who gave me the first book, and I tried to read it but, also, couldn't get throw it without almost falling asleep.

And this is coming from someone who really loves series and the psycho theme, so Dexter supposedly would be the perfect match for me. But no.

Edited by ManetsBR

Yeah, I'll join the chorus of people who never found much to like about Dexter. I watched the first two season and just couldn't care about any of the characters. The dialogue, for the most part, is some of the worst I've ever come across (and this is someone who begrudgingly watches True Blood). I think in the first or second episode Dexter compares himself to a pizza box because it's empty - just like the way he feels inside. Yikes! I knew from that line it was going to be a tough sell. And his sister is probably one of the most annoying characters on television (imo). It's an interesting premise, but the first two season never really made anything of it. That and there were maybe two episodes where I didn't have things figured out half way through (and I'm usually pretty clueless regarding plot outcomes).

True Blood is actually pretty good this season.

Really? Because every time a new episode starts with, "Previous on True Blood," I feel they should say instead, "Previously on a show we can't believe you're still watching..."

Season 5 was better, but the show is a long way off from its first two seasons.

Edited by downzy

Same here... I dated a girl last year who was crazy about it, so I really tried to get into it, but I simply couldn't.

And on the year before, I dated a girl who gave me the first book, and I tried to read it but, also, couldn't get throw it without almost falling asleep.

And this is coming from someone who really loves series and the psycho theme, so Dexter supposedly would be the perfect match for me. But no.

the book is horrible, the show is ok

New Arrested development is pretty bad

I thought it was fantastic. Lived up to my ridiculously high expectations.

.Same. I will admit the first few episodes did seem a bit "slow"... for lack of a better word, but all in all......I enjoyed the season. thought it was funny, and I hope Netflix does another one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching the much anticipated "Naked And Afraid" and I do enjoy it even though I'm not a big fan of Survivor and the like. The participants on the show have zero inhibitions, they are literally letting it all hang out with very little effort put into covering up. Frontal parts are blurred, but there's plenty of ass closeups in clear view so it's not a show for everyone. The challenges they face are like no other I've seen, they're literally dumped in the middle of nowhere with just one item that they can select to keep.

My favorite scene thus far, when Kelly (the girl) goes crotch fishing by spreading her legs in a shallow pool of water and waiting for catfish to swim up into her crotch. :laugh:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid/videos/naked-mud-fishing.htm

Mad Men is one of my favorite shows ever, and probably my favorite show on TV right now. I love it. Although I'm sad season 7 will be the last.

I just started watching Boardwalk Empire. Love it too, so far.

I like The Newsroom too. The new season is about to begin. It's good if you like Sorkin's stuff. West Wing was one of my favourite shows.

Boardwalk is good. I don't think it is Buscemi's best acting, but I like the storyline and they are showing that period well.

Can't wait for the next season of American Horror Story.

Mad Men is one of my favorite shows ever, and probably my favorite show on TV right now. I love it. Although I'm sad season 7 will be the last.

I just started watching Boardwalk Empire. Love it too, so far.

I like The Newsroom too. The new season is about to begin. It's good if you like Sorkin's stuff. West Wing was one of my favourite shows.

Boardwalk is good. I don't think it is Buscemi's best acting, but I like the storyline and they are showing that period well.

Can't wait for the next season of American Horror Story.

I think The Newsroom will be next on my list of shows to watch. I've been hearing good things about it so far.

I guess I have a thing for period pieces...or at least relatively recent ones. Both the Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire creators wrote for the Sopranos, so it's not surprising both are great shows.

I just downloaded Heroes season 1. Does it work as a stand alone story? I'm given to understand that I should avoid anything after, which is what I intend to do, but if it ends on a cliffhanger or anything like that I won't bother with it in the first place.