"Sweet Child O' Mine" is at #7 in the UK iTunes Rock Chart.

Chinese Destruction

“Sweet Child” is at #7 in the UK rock charts. http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10rocksongs.html Should we (the UK fans) formally thank Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses for the amazing World Tour/”Chinese Democracy” and at the same time apologize for the antics of some (whilst they were in the UK) by throwing our weight behind the track and getting it to number one?

I think this is the best opportunity we've had in quite some time to reaffirm our support for Axl Roses/GN'R by doing something special.

The campaign could be run in conjunction with the “Bernadette” initiative. Both schemes will compliment one another.

“Bernadette” must not be linked with the Guns N Roses name, no matter what kind of campaign you are talking about.

I think linking the two campaigns would be cool! Like linking the past and the present of GN'R. Yeah, even though Bernadette is not a Guns n' roses song. Go Bumblefoot!

“Bernadette” must not be linked with the Guns N Roses name, no matter what kind of campaign you are talking about.

I think linking the two campaigns would be cool! Like linking the past and the present of GN'R. Yeah, even though Bernadette is not a Guns n' roses song. Go Bumblefoot!

no, not cool at all

Doing something special, is to buy a song we already have, and put more money into Axl's pocket? I understand it would be nice for Axl to see his bank balance growing, but what benefit will it do us the fans exactly? Are you expecting a gig to be planned on the back of it or something? If your not expecting anything in return, and your just doing it for Axl's benefit, he will get more if you just send him a cheque....

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

You got to hand it to Slash. That intro will live on and on and on.. longer after you and I, and its creators.

Love Duff's sweet ass bass intro. Love hearing the bass get some solo time!

The rock chart doesn't mean much anymore though does it? It doesn't pull in much sales but its still cool to see GNR on it of course. Just saying

You got to hand it to Slash. That intro will live on and on and on.. longer after you and I, and its creators.

You got to hand it to Rush (link below) and Axl - you know, without him Slash wouldn't ever play the thing again. And he wouldn't record the song. And the song wouldn't exist - the chorus, the vocals, the lyrics, etc., etc.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

It all works so nicely. Izzy's chord progressions really bring the whole thing together. Axl's lyrics are great.

But that riff is something special. It'll still be here long after we're all gone. Guitarists dream of coming up with at least one of those in their career...

Edited by moreblack

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

It all works so nicely. Izzy's chord progressions really bring the whole thing together. Axl's lyrics are great.

But that riff is something special. It'll still be here long after we're all gone. Guitarists dream of coming up with at least one of those in their career...

So right. Its the whole thing together is what makes it special there isn't really one individual part. The SCOM riff would probably sound stupid on any other piece of music. I find it funny that NO other singer can pull off that song vocally. Not even close to Axl.

So right. Its the whole thing together is what makes it special there isn't really one individual part. The SCOM riff would probably sound stupid on any other piece of music. I find it funny that NO other singer can pull off that song vocally. Not even close to Axl.

yeap, that intro kick's it, but you all know the story of it right? that Axl was the one to feel it, and create a song out of it, at least that's what Slash himself declared.

yeap, that intro kick's it, but you all know the story of it right? that Axl was the one to feel it, and create a song out of it, at least that's what Slash himself declared.

Steven says he heard it and went "hey what was that, play that again"

Izzy started playing some chords behind it.

aaand THEN Axl started to feel it.

And Rush/Xanadu has nothing to do with any of that. Or the song.

Edited by moreblack