Favorite moments on Chiense Democracy

WhazUp

For me it has to be:

1. Street of Dreams outro - I love Axl's vocals with the kickass solo behind it

2. Bucket's TWAT solo

3. The last couple of minutes of Catcher In The Rye

4. The bridge in Better is sick, I wish there were more hard rocking moments like this throughout the album

5. The outro to Prostitute

For me it has to be:

2. Bucket's TWAT solo

4. The bridge in Better is sick, I wish there were more hard rocking moments like this throughout the album

Well for me there is a ton and that usually change everytime I listen to a song.

But the chorus in Shacklers, the Nah Nah part in CITR (i dont know how else to describe it haha), Robin's solo in Better. And the scream that welcomes you to Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

Bucketheads guitar work on If The World

Robin Fincks guitar work on This I Love and Better

The piano on The Blues / Street of Dreams

everything else pretty much blows..

Edited by star

For me it has to be:

2. Bucket's TWAT solo

Pretty much this minus Catcher - probably the worst song GNR have ever done IMO.

I would replace 3 with the solo in If The World.

For me it has to be:

2. Bucket's TWAT solo

Pretty much this minus Catcher - probably the worst song GNR have ever done IMO.

I'm disappointed that you think this, I love that song!

The outro to Prostitute is something else, really special. Great song.

For me it has to be:

2. Bucket's TWAT solo

I'm disappointed that you think this, I love that song!

The outro to Prostitute is something else, really special. Great song.

Don't be disappointed. Music is all about personal preference.

I personally believe Catcher and This I Love are terrible songs. I also don't have a lot of time for November Rain.

Give me Nightrain, You Could Be Mine and There Was A Time any day.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

When I listened to the album for the first time,

The part of If The World where he goes from the right speaker to the left speaker...that was insane.

Same here :lol:

The very first time you hear it is so awesome

The 'no-one else is stopping you...' bit from Shackler.

Street of Dreams outro.

The last two thirds of TWAT, the song bit of that song is fairly mundane and then it all kicks off.

Second chorus of Sorry after the little delay is pretty killer as obviously is the heavy part of Better.

I also love the bit where Axl goes really high on 'salVATION' in Riad. Lots of little nuances like that I could probably pick out if I was listening to it now.

the two things out of the whole album that really annoy me, is the long belated boring intro to Riad,

and IRS. it just doesn't have the punch I thought the studio version would have, maybe its axls vocals or something but the rest of the album is great.

For me it has to be:

2. Bucket's TWAT solo

Chinese = Bumble's rhythm guitar part fills, all the nice guitar lead tradeoffs, the "gang of Axls" vocals

Shackler's = That riff break in the middle is all rage. I love it.

Catcher = Opening background vocals, the nice "You decide so I don't have to" bridge, spacey synth/drum machine break fading out to classic riffs with "Nah nah" chorus

Better = Exotic tom fills during chorus, the "No" vocals layered on top of the chord progressions

TWAT = Bucket steals the show on from other great moments, good example of how the best leads aren't necessarily the ones with the most notes

Street of Dreams = Dizzy's key parts, Tommy's bass lines, Axl's soaring vocals

Prostitute = Gotta go with the final verse buildup and outro here, great way to finish an album

Good topic. Here is my list in no particular order. There are so much more. I've been spinning CD since it came out.

1:23 in "Chinese Democracy" with Axl's trademark growl that basically kicks off the record. It gave me goosebumps when I first spun it in my car on the way home from Best Buy.

3:52 of the same song. The outro is epic. It took me forever to make out what Axl was saying.

:11 in "Shackler's Revenge" when the words start, basically. It's wicked.

3:39 second solo in "Better."

3:58 in the same song." It sounds like "no, no, no" over and over and then goes to the last verse. I just love the layered audio track over it.

3:36 and on to the end of "Street of Dreams." It gets quiet and then just wails. Man, this is probably my favorite thing to listen to on the entire record.

3:20 in "There was a Time." I love the whole "Didn't wanna know it all..." part. And then

4:25 solo in the same song.

2:40 in "IRS." It's killer.

2:32 solo in "This I Love." It really harkens back to the more soulful stuff of Gn'R of old.

• 1 month later...