"Appetite" with Ruby Isle

Snowmass

From Mpls Startribune article (just stumbled on this):

They can't officially sell the CD, thanks in large part to Axl Rose's love of litigation, but Mark Mallman and his synth-pop trio Ruby Isle are going ahead and hosting a release party for their song-by-song remake of Guns N' Roses' "Appetite for Destruction." They will play the album in its entirety Saturday at the Triple Rock, an 18-and-up show with excellent openers Me & My Arrow and New Century Masters (10 p.m.). Paying the $7 cover seems like a fair trade for the fact that the Ruby Isle redux is now available for free (click here).

"Mr Brownstone"-

Wow, this is actually rather good.

It's "kinda cool"...in a wierd way. We've all heard worse GnR covers! You can youtube some of the other songs. I did 'My Michelle'. I've never heard of this Ruby Isle band or whatever. Just saw some headline about Appetite and read it.

yeah, i totally agree, this is pretty cool in a bizarre way, there are very few covers of Gn'R songs I enjoy (most of the Sweet Child Covers are awful, the Sheryl Crow version for instance takes away all the energy from that song and turns it into some kind of a sappy little ballad, dislike) slash's paradise city was kind of a cool I thought, on the very first listen I thought it sounded horrible and I swore to myself never to listen to it again, but the drums stayed in my head, I liked how they sounded, and I started enjoying the slowed-down version, dunno about Cypress Hill though, yeah, that was weird and not in a good way