Is this guy in this video Paul Huge?

Vincent Vega

Slash could easily have pursued other projects while maintaining a Gn'R link - that was his capital mistake.

After he split from Gn'R he might have thought that Gn'R (Axl) wouldn't dare to make another Gn'R album without him and other members on board. He never thought he'd witness a "New Gn'R"...

Now he seems to want back in for $'s sure but especially for media attention being the true media whore he is, but it's just too fucking late for that. Sorry Saul.

Lets see... you put the sweat equity into a band..become an equal partner...tour the world become internationally recognized as the guitarist for that band...come up with some of the most recognized music in the world ...then get demoted to hired hand with no say and have your career dictated to by outside forces because of personal issues...and you stick around enjoying the abuse?

though the grapevine your told Robin Finck is being pursued by your lead singer. Youve been thrown together with ZaK Wylde.. you show up to the studio to find out Axls drinking buddy from highschool is now your rythme guitarist and you just smile sweetly and say Oh... what ever Axl wants?

1) Robin Finck wasn't ''pursued'' until January 1997, after Slash left the band. He was initially noticed by Matt, who thought they'd finally found a rhythm guitarist who'd work good with Slash and thus Slash could come back to the band. Robin didn't officially join GN'R until August 1997.

2) The Zakk Wylde session was just a week long in 1995 and it wasn't forced on Slash and he seemed to enjoy it, just not as a permanent thing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see... you put the sweat equity into a band..become an equal partner...tour the world become internationally recognized as the guitarist for that band...come up with some of the most recognized music in the world ...then get demoted to hired hand with no say and have your career dictated to by outside forces because of personal issues...and you stick around enjoying the abuse?

though the grapevine your told Robin Finck is being pursued by your lead singer. Youve been thrown together with ZaK Wylde.. you show up to the studio to find out Axls drinking buddy from highschool is now your rythme guitarist and you just smile sweetly and say Oh... what ever Axl wants?

1) Robin Finck wasn't ''pursued'' until January 1997, after Slash left the band. He was initially noticed by Matt, who thought they'd finally found a rhythm guitarist who'd work good with Slash and thus Slash could come back to the band. Robin didn't officially join GN'R until August 1997.

Matt saw Robin play in the fall of '96. He told Axl about it right away, suggesting that Finck replaced Clarke instead of Huge, but Axl suggested Flinck instead of Slash. Axl announced the departure of Slash a month later.

So......

Do we know something about Paul nowadays? Is he really still friends with Axl? And what is he doing?

Seems there is not a lot of information about him or did I missed it?

Anybody?

Edited by MBRose

So......

Do we know something about Paul nowadays? Is he really still friends with Axl? And what is he doing?

Seems there is not a lot of information about him or did I missed it?

Anybody?

He probably talks to him every once in awhile. Paul always had his own non-music career, he has rarely played outside GNR and Mank Rage.

Matt saw Robin play in the fall of '96. He told Axl about it right away, suggesting that Finck replaced Clarke instead of Huge, but Axl suggested Flinck instead of Slash. Axl announced the departure of Slash a month later.

"Matt Sorum introduced Rose to former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, advising that he would make a great foil for Slash - who could then be restored to the line-up." (Q Magazine, 05/01)

"I told Axl to see him and he said 'That's our guitar player,'" says Sorum. "I said, 'Bring in Robin to play alongside Slash,' but Axl said, 'I want him to play lead.'" (Spin, 07/99)

"I When I left New Orleans I hooked-up with the Cirque Du Soleil and started playing guitar in a circus band. I wanted to do something completely 180 degrees opposite of what I had been doing, and for me and my life at the time, it seemed like a far out thing to do. It was a great experience for me. About 18 months into that, I got a call from Axl Rose, who I never met at the time. He invited me to the studio as he was writing and recording songs. It was an invitation for a casual listen. Eventually, after about 8 weeks, we started playing together. We played some of my songs and finally I left the circus and was doing records with Axl, Josh and Tommy, and what would have been a new Guns N' Roses, if you will. We wrote and rehearsed and argued and laboriously recorded several records worth of musical material, which to the best of my knowledge Axl is still finishing. But my work was through. We had dozens of finished songs, as far as I was concerned, and we were waiting for Axl to complete the songs. So the timing was perfect. Nails were about to go on the road again, and I wanted to go out on the road with them." (Robin Finck, 2000)

"Rumbles of Finck's decision had been going around for just a week, but it couldn't be made official because his two-year contract with GNR wasn't up until Saturday (Aug. 1). [...] A label spokesperson says, 'Robin finished recording several albums worth of material with Guns N' Roses. Axl is now working on the vocals for the album.'" (allstarnews.com, 08/04/99)

"We wrote and rehearsed and argued and laboriously recorded several records worth of musical material, which to the best of my knowledge Axl is still finishing. But my work was through. We had dozens of finished songs, as far as I was concerned, and we were waiting for Axl to complete the songs." (Robin, 2000)

"It was great for a while, but then it became terribly frustrating not seeing anything completed because no lyrics were finished. [...] No one song was ever completed and I was there for two and a half years." (Robin, Wall of Sound, 05/00)

Edited by Indigo Child