How did the Stones survive the '70s?

Vincent Vega

Miss You struck a chord as having a cool funk about it,to many.You Gotta Dance was just a wank.

Which is funny because YGD has more funky changes and stops to it, Miss You is very 4 on the floor straight.

"funky"..as in disco funky?

Miss You struck a chord as having a cool funk about it,to many.You Gotta Dance was just a wank.

Which is funny because YGD has more funky changes and stops to it, Miss You is very 4 on the floor straight.

"funky changes" be what I says, by virtue of being "changes" they can't be all that disco-y

Edited by moreblack

"funky changes" be what I says, by virtue of being "changes" they can't be all that disco-y

I don't think 70's stoners at house parties were too concerned about "changes" and "stops".

Most seem to embrace Miss You as acceptable,it had an alright funk about it..as in vibe.

I don't recall rock fans boycotting Stones concerts as a result,nor do I recall those concerts becoming white suit gold chain dance-a-thons.

I don't recall stoners rushing to dance clubs and I don't recall that the disco crowd really cared outside of hearing the song in the clubs.

What I do recall is the handful of people who got ruffled about two Stones songs were the same ones who freaked out about Zeppelin's 'Hot Dog'. :shrugs:

I don't think 70's stoners at house parties were too concerned about "changes" and "stops".

Most seem to embrace Miss You as acceptable,it had an alright funk about it..as in vibe.

Of course they did, it's a catchy disco tune by a rock band. Right up there with I Was Made For Loving You.

Of course they did, it's a catchy disco tune by a rock band. Right up there with I Was Made For Loving You.

Too bad Slash wasn't big at the time to bail all these rock bands out.

He could have put the stamp of acceptability on their dance tracks for them.

;)

;)

If Brian May and Ace Frehley couldn't?

;)

haters are gonna hate :)

;)

He does have a habit of popping up on Chic performances every now and then. Apparently he's friends with Nile Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JvULZulKVo

;)

He does have a habit of popping up on Chic performances every now and then. Apparently he's friends with Nile Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JvULZulKVo

Which brings it all back around to diversity.

Hot Stuff was kind of a remake of Miss You?

Undercover had some disco tracks as well. If I was a Dancer is great song. Too Much Blood is like progressive disco.

Black n blue and Undercover my favorite Stones albums. So inventive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugjdJzMePw

I can almost see what you mean, about progressive disco :lol: . I agree on Black and Blue but Undercover wasn't that good, apart from Undercover of the Night, She Was Hot, Too Much Blood and Pretty Beat Up the rest was kind of filler.

I thought Hot Stuff came first.