Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this in the mail today, Gibson Les Paul 2017 Tribute T Goldtop. Sounds fucking great to put it mildly

Wow Fortus has gone from an Izzy lookalike to morphing into Malcom Young. 

I will try and record a quick sound demo next week! I am going camping this weekend so I only got about an hour total of play time on it so far. It almost feels too nice for me and it has some modern

Posted Images

 @OmarBradley got it! I'll edit this post with some low-res pics the seller took. Hopefully it works, the pics should be on the left of the screen.

Best guitar I ever played by far except a Custom Shop Tele I once played that was on the same level but it was much too expensive so there was no way I could get it.  got this for 2 g's. I can't love anything else anymore and my other guitars can suck my dick. Right click and open in new tab, maybe it will work: (it's the fourth one on the left, scroll down)

http://www.ad.co.il/c/28?sp164=4451

 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Need pics ASAP :P

I like the DR, I owned an older one from '93 that was absolutely killer. Shouldn't have sold it. 

Quote

 

I'd like to get my hands on one of the old Boogie mk 3 blue stripe one day or even just one of the Mark series.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2017 at 0:05 AM, Rovim said:

I know no one probably cares cause it's a Strat. But just talked to the 1954 Reissue Strat chick on the phone. She said it's still for sale. It's her husband's axe and she wanted to know if I wanted to also buy a Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier amp. I don't have the ears for it so had to decline.

After many fails and almost wins, I think this is gonna be my first custom shop finally. Driving over there tomorrow probably.

cool! that is great :headbang:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'm absolutely loving my Jubilee. Pulling the rhythm clip knob on the clean channel gives me the crunch sound I've always dreamed of.

 

11 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I hate you hate you hate hate hate you :lol: 

Ugh I am jealous! SO COOL.

When those 2525Cs get cheaper/more common on the used market in the years to come, I will probably buy one

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

 

Ugh I am jealous! SO COOL.

When those 2525Cs get cheaper/more common on the used market in the years to come, I will probably buy one

I'll have to make a nice demo of it next time I'm at the studio.

The price is a little scary but I finally just said "fuck it" and sold some shit towards it. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silverburst80 said:

Combo or head?. I had a Class 5 head for about 4 months running through a 2x12 and yes absolutely loud enough.

Idk I guess the head now that you mention it!

My pedal board was acting up tonight at practice so I primarily used just my amp. The thing sounds great cranked but it really is just way too loud to use practically. I did crank it a bit tonight and it just really goes to show, no overdrive or distortion pedal can really replace real tube breakup. The Fender Blues Deluxe is awesome, but it just may be "too much" for what I need. I usually put it on 2-3 on the clean channel and use pedals to get my sound, maybe a smaller amp like the Class 5 would be better for what I want. I could theoretically sell my amp for around $450-$500, throw in another hundred bucks, and get the Class 5 head and a cab

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Idk I guess the head now that you mention it!

My pedal board was acting up tonight at practice so I primarily used just my amp. The thing sounds great cranked but it really is just way too loud to use practically. I did crank it a bit tonight and it just really goes to show, no overdrive or distortion pedal can really replace real tube breakup. The Fender Blues Deluxe is awesome, but it just may be "too much" for what I need. I usually put it on 2-3 on the clean channel and use pedals to get my sound, maybe a smaller amp like the Class 5 would be better for what I want. I could theoretically sell my amp for around $450-$500, throw in another hundred bucks, and get the Class 5 head and a cab

Ok. Just bare in mind they are kinda based off the old plexi's...meaning basically they only really come alive with the volume knob rolled up to 10 which of course is reeeeeaaal fuckn loud. So you'll need an an attenuator so you can control the output abit more. Although it wasn't quite what i was looking for it's definitely got that plexi growl, great bang for your buck and a good base if you have lots of pedals.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Ok. Just bare in mind they are kinda based off the old plexi's...meaning basically they only really come alive with the volume knob rolled up to 10 which of course is reeeeeaaal fuckn loud. So you'll need an an attenuator so you can control the output abit more. Although it wasn't quite what i was looking for it's definitely got that plexi growl, great bang for your buck and a good base if you have lots of pedals.

I have a lot of pedals and love that plexi sound. Loud is what I want for a little amp. I want it to keep up with my band, since my drummer hits hard. If I could get tube breakup at those levels and clean it up with the volume knobs while still being able to gig and practice, I may sell my amp and get one. The combos would be cheaper, since I don't have a cab but it may be worth it to get a little mini stack for volume purposes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have a lot of pedals and love that plexi sound. Loud is what I want for a little amp. I want it to keep up with my band, since my drummer hits hard. If I could get tube breakup at those levels and clean it up with the volume knobs while still being able to gig and practice, I may sell my amp and get one. The combos would be cheaper, since I don't have a cab but it may be worth it to get a little mini stack for volume purposes

Yeah it breaks up for sure. Maybe you've seen this it's an attenuator demo but he plays through a class 5,you'll see he starts to talk about the setup at around 2:50 and the volume's at 10 o'clock so can still be cranked much louder. Sounds pretty flubby run straight into the cab at volume but as you'll see when he cleans it up with the attenuator it has a real aggressive plexi sound. Of course it's hard to tell through a video the volume but i think he says at one point " it's not shaking the room as much" when he takes it down quieter, so yeah it can get up there volume wise.

 

Edited by Silverburst80
Link to post
Share on other sites

My bong is fucked but today I'm gonna meet a guy on the train station with a Bogner Ecstasy red high gain distortion pedal. A little pricey. This fucker wants 220$ but a few months back a different dude had the blue and the red each for 160$. I was too late.

Doesn't matter, it's a unique pedal I want to own one and it goes for 350$ in my country. This one is in (edit: mint) condition and I don't have to drive far this time.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2017 at 9:11 AM, Rovim said:

My bong is fucked but today I'm gonna meet a guy on the train station with a Bogner Ecstasy red high gain distortion pedal. A little pricey. This fucker wants 220$ but a few months back a different dude had the blue and the red each for 160$. I was too late.

Doesn't matter, it's a unique pedal I want to own one and it goes for 350$ in my country. This one is in (edit: mint) condition and I don't have to drive far this time.

I love the Bogner red and blue pedals. They are fucking awesome and have a lot of features for each pedal. You can find the red pretty low easily in the USA. I often see them for around $150-$200, while the blue is usually around $200-$250 used. Both kick ass. Did you get it?

Anyways, I just picked up a Friedman BE-OD pedal. Total impulse buy, but I tried it in the store and loved it. I don't need it, it covers the same ground as my Jubilee pedal but it is different enough. Sounds fucking great.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I love the Bogner red and blue pedals. They are fucking awesome and have a lot of features for each pedal. You can find the red pretty low easily in the USA. I often see them for around $150-$200, while the blue is usually around $200-$250 used. Both kick ass. Did you get it?

Anyways, I just picked up a Friedman BE-OD pedal. Total impulse buy, but I tried it in the store and loved it. I don't need it, it covers the same ground as my Jubilee pedal but it is different enough. Sounds fucking great.

Got it, I like it, you can't mistake it for another pedal. It has some of that Bogner sound. I like the natural tone you can get with it (compared to some of my other pedals, not amps) and the different gain structures.

I want the BE-OD as well. Sounds like a great pedal from the clips I've seen.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not guitar related but drum related.

I sold my drum kit many moons ago because when I played with my regular band, practices were always at my place and our drummer would leave his secondary kit there for convenience so I always had access to a kit to play on.

Fast forward to now and I really miss having a kit. For practical and volume purposes I'd love to get an electronic kit but holy fuck pricey if you want something that isn't total garbage. I could get a high end set of DW for less than some of the Roland electronic kits.

Maybe it's just a sign that I'm better on spending that money on guitar stuff. :lol:

I did just get smoking deal on a Roland keyboard monitor for my JD-XA so it'll be nice to not always have to use headphones or the computer.

Now back to my SG/LP Custom hunting...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Local shop just got a JCM 900 combo in for $600. If I trade in my Blues Deluxe and return the Friedman BE OD I can probably get it.

What do I do???? HELP @OmarBradley @James Bond @Klay @SoundOfAGun @AxlisOld @Silverburst80 etc!

What do you guys think of the JCM 900s? I've heard mixed things but youtube demos always sound kick ass to me and an old, British made Marshall really appeals to me. It'd just suck unloading my amp for it and not liking it more. Trying it in the store won't give me a great idea on how it sounds with a band, either, so I want as many opinions as I can get.

Thanks!

EDIT- Its the JCM 900 4102 combo

Edited by ZoSoRose
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Local shop just got a JCM 900 combo in for $600. If I trade in my Blues Deluxe and return the Friedman BE OD I can probably get it.

What do I do???? HELP @OmarBradley @James Bond @Klay @SoundOfAGun @AxlisOld @Silverburst80 etc!

What do you guys think of the JCM 900s? I've heard mixed things but youtube demos always sound kick ass to me and an old, British made Marshall really appeals to me. It'd just suck unloading my amp for it and not liking it more. Trying it in the store won't give me a great idea on how it sounds with a band, either, so I want as many opinions as I can get.

Thanks!

EDIT- Its the JCM 900 4102 combo

No experience of the combos, but I used to rehearse at a place for years that had 2 JCM 900s Dual Reverbs which i used before I got my JCM2000 and they were fucking tasty. The cabs in that room were just standard 1960b's so they were probably loaded with G1275s. From what understand, that Dual Reverb is the 4100, so the 4102 should be that amp in combo format. @James Bond and I discussed how underrated the 900 is overall; cork sniffers shit on it because it has diode clipping in the preamp circuit to produce more gain, yet no one complains about the Jubilee doing the same OR when someone putspecial a tube screamer in front of an 800.... there is now a 4100 reissue on the Anderton's website and they want £1200 for it! 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/4100/combo-amps/marshall-jcm900-4100-100w-dual-reverb-valve-head?LGWCODE=4100;56375;6335&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxbDIBRCL99Wls-nLicoBEiQAWroh6pBl36hf3O0aocIUF8tZViEW4q32IRd-KULKPDhNibYaAnJk8P8HAQ

$600 for an original seems like a sweet deal.

DISCLAIMER:

I love Marshalls....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoundOfAGun said:

No experience of the combos, but I used to rehearse at a place for years that had 2 JCM 900s Dual Reverbs which i used before I got my JCM2000 and they were fucking tasty. The cabs in that room were just standard 1960b's so they were probably loaded with G1275s. From what understand, that Dual Reverb is the 4100, so the 4102 should be that amp in combo format. @James Bond and I discussed how underrated the 900 is overall; cork sniffers shit on it because it has diode clipping in the preamp circuit to produce more gain, yet no one complains about the Jubilee doing the same OR when someone putspecial a tube screamer in front of an 800.... there is now a 4100 reissue on the Anderton's website and they want £1200 for it! 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/4100/combo-amps/marshall-jcm900-4100-100w-dual-reverb-valve-head?LGWCODE=4100;56375;6335&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxbDIBRCL99Wls-nLicoBEiQAWroh6pBl36hf3O0aocIUF8tZViEW4q32IRd-KULKPDhNibYaAnJk8P8HAQ

$600 for an original seems like a sweet deal.

DISCLAIMER:

I love Marshalls....

The good thing about my amp is that it is super common. I can get a Blues Deluxe used for "cheap" if I hate the JCM 900. I could probably sell the JCM 900 and get another Blues Deluxe straight up, actually.

Thank you for the write up! I like how I can play the 4102 at 50 watts, too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...