The Gear Thread

My current Rig. Is my number 1 Les Paul Goldtop 2016 with a Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton. 

Crybaby Wah  >MXR Dyna Comp> TC Electronic Cinders >  EHX Crayon> MXR Chorus > EHX Caynon and Boss RV5 into a Fender Mustang that is set to 3 modes. I got a Plexi Marshall Setting, A Fender Delux Setting, A Vox setting and Messa Dual Rectifier setting. My main thing is the Plexi   

I also got a Fender 6 string Acoustic  Epiphone 12 string acoustic, A squire P Bass with a Fender Rumble 15 Amp, and A  Squire Strat Sunburst with Seymour Duncan Staggered Pickups and the bridge tone knob taken out 

Havent actually tried to "dial-in" a sound yet. Heres what it sounds like using the emulated output on the amp itself. I'm slightly disappointed in the PDI-03, sounds a too dark/muddled but maybe I just need to mess with the 6 options that it has. (or just apply EQ in on recordings). Even so, that sounds better than GuitarRig modeling. I like it. At some point I need to get an actual cabinet (or a different cabinet simulator)

Edited by Mendez

14 hours ago, Mendez said:

Havent actually tried to "dial-in" a sound yet. Heres what it sounds like using the emulated output on the amp itself. I'm slightly disappointed in the PDI-03, sounds a too dark/muddled but maybe I just need to mess with the 6 options that it has. (or just apply EQ in on recordings). Even so, that sounds better than GuitarRig modeling. I like it. At some point I need to get an actual cabinet (or a different cabinet simulator)

Honestly you should look into an IR loader. You can get 1000s of really high quality cab sims for cheap. I only use IRs live and for recording 

5 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Is the TSL like the DSL  is the gain structure different?

Its similar but it is a little more saturated and has the extra high gain channel

• Like 1

Good NAMM for Line 6. They anmounced a new POD, the GO, which has all of Helix's amps and effects for $450. Thats freaking awesome. Less than half the cost of a Helix LT. I would have definitely gotten that over my Helix 2 years ago if it existed.

They also announced the HX Stomp will get 8 blocks now instead of 6. @SoundOfAGun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Good NAMM for Line 6. They anmounced a new POD, the GO, which has all of Helix's amps and effects for $450. Thats freaking awesome. Less than half the cost of a Helix LT. I would have definitely gotten that over my Helix 2 years ago if it existed.

They also announced the HX Stomp will get 8 blocks now instead of 6. @SoundOfAGun

I have heard the 8 block thing, but only on a forum. Have they put it out in a press release?

Have you heard my new tracks?

https://soundofagun.bandcamp.com/album/new-old-stock

Edited by SoundOfAGun
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

I have heard the 8 block thing, but only on a forum. Have they put it out in a press release?

Have you heard my new tracks?

https://soundofagun.bandcamp.com/album/new-old-stock

It may not be a press release but its 100% confirmed with 2.9. Some cool effects and another Revv channel too.

I will listen to your new stuff this week for sure. Did you use an amp or HX amps?

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It may not be a press release but its 100% confirmed with 2.9. Some cool effects and another Revv channel too.

I will listen to your new stuff this week for sure. Did you use an amp or HX amps?

Sweet, could do with another couple of blocks on some presets! The tracks are a mix, some have HX amps and some are the Marshall DSL40. Some have a mix of both stomp and tube amp.

Edited by SoundOfAGun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Epiphone Les Paul Custom - black (2002)

Epiphone Les Paul Goltop (2012)

Epiphone ES-175 - sunburst (2007)

Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster - sunburst (2010)

Squier VM 70's Jazz bass - wood (2007)

Epiphone EJ-200 (2009)

Epiphone Hummingbird (2013)

Hora Irish Bouzouki (2012)

Russian Balalaika (1970)

Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (2009)

Fender Champion 20 (2018)

Rumble 15W bass amp (2017)

And later this year I'm aiming for a Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Custom - sunburst

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

What’s everyone’s opinion Les Paul Specials with Humbucker? I got a tribute gold top but looking at specials 

I bruefly had one a while ago and really liked it. That being said, they are probably similar to yours

I really wish I could have some of the gear you guys have. 

All I have is a 90s Korean Epiphone Les Paul Standard with original pickups. After almost 10 years of not really playing guitar at all (save for some stuff here and there), I bought last year a Boss Katana Mini just to have something easy to plug and play. And that's all I'm using now. 

I also have a regular Cry Baby GCB-95. I still have a Marshall Jackhammer OD/Distortion and a Danelectro T-Bone distortion, but I may sell it, it's useless now to me. And I use sometimes an old Beringher V-Amp for some effects (mostly because of the whammy).

I've downsized a lot in the couple of years since I last made an updated post here.

Recently, I ditched my Vox in favour of a lunchbox head. I wanted something that was one part bedroom amp but still gigworthy, and the Vox just didn't sound good at all at low volumes and wasn't as portable as I would like.

Tried out a bunch of lunchboxes and fell in love with the Hughes & Kettner series. Seemed to be everything I wanted in a small tube amp with the power soak being an ideal feature. That love quickly ended when I had three go back within a month. I shit you not - three lemons, and all for different reasons. It's a shame because they do sound amazing when they work, but the reliability (or lack thereof) was nonsense.

So I went back to my old faithful - the Marshall Mini Jubilee. I won't make the mistake of leaving Marshall ever again. :lol:

I also got rid of most of my effects pedals. 95% of the time I'm just guitar into amp so having so many pedals was redundant. Picked up a Digitech RP360 which nicely replaces any sort of modulation effects I want when needed, and the delay settings are outstanding for the price. Easily rivals my old TC Flashback X4. I disabled all the amp simulations and just use it as a multi stomp. For the price you can't go wrong.

The only other pedals I held onto were my Wah and my Whammy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...