"A Lost Beatles Album" (speculation

Vincent Vega

All these songs became Beatles' solo songs and appear on their solo records after the band broke up, but were worked on by the Beatles and probably would've been on a future Beatles record had they stuck together:

Another Day (Paul)

Teddy Boy (Paul)

Junk (Paul)

Back Seat of My Car (Paul)

Gimme Some Truth (John)

Cold Turkey (John, rejected by Paul as a single)

Child of Nature (John, evolved into Jealous Guy)

All Things Must Pass (George)

Isn't It a Pity (George)

Much of All Things Must Pass, the album, was also written while George was a Beatle.

Imagine what they could've done together had they stuck around even say 3 more years.

Agreed. They made some fantastic albums post-Beatles, so who cares what it would have sounded like had they stayed together?

Anymore albums would diminish their legacy imo. Thats not to say they probably wouldn't have been great albums, but ending on Abbey Road is just perfect, literally.

But I agree with Tasmin, stop thinking ""What if"

The "what if" would start with the WBCN "Get Back" tape, and anything that was written after Sept. 1969 should be excluded.

Other songs: Look At Me, Wah Wah (demo was the same day he walked out of the band when they were making "Let It Be") , Let It Down, The Art of Dying, Not Guilty. I would say half of the "Beware of ABKCO" bootleg were Beatles era.

I also think they easily could've reunited in 1974, but I'm sure the reviews would've been "they should've stayed broken up". Just do a mix of "Mind Games","Walls and Bridges", "Dark Horse", Extra Texture", "Ringo", "Venus and Mars", and "Goodnight Vienna". Would've been interesting because McCartney had recorded in Nashville and New Orleans, and without a doubt John would've extended that lost weekend a while longer.

It's def. possible Harry Nilsson could've worked with them - as his backing musicians. They would've joked that it was full circle, being the backing band for someone else.

I know the "official" breakup was in 1970, but in 1974 May Pang had taken a photo of John being the last one to sign off on the band breaking up, and I think that was when he decided to really put it behind him. Once John and Yoko got back together, his focus was on anything but music. Now it's clearer why she kicked him out, and why they got back together.

But when you're talking about a group that wrote 200 plus songs in 7 years that people actually liked and remembered, when do you stop caring about if the next song is #1 or not? George had something to prove as a songwriter. Paul was prob. the most affected by the breakup, and it's obvious he announced it before John because he was angry at them all taking sides against him and going through a period of having his money frozen.

It's probable Phil Spector would've produced it. George Martin had already left EMI, or had been in the process of leaving. So with Allen Klein and Phil Spector, they might have wound up relocating to the US anyway. John also had his house outfitted for recording, which Judas Priest and others have used when Ringo moved to France (which no longer exists, the owner tore the house down).

The "what if" would start with the WBCN "Get Back" tape, and anything that was written after Sept. 1969 should be excluded.

Other songs: Look At Me, Wah Wah (demo was the same day he walked out of the band when they were making "Let It Be") , Let It Down, The Art of Dying, Not Guilty. I would say half of the "Beware of ABKCO" bootleg were Beatles era.

I also think they easily could've reunited in 1974, but I'm sure the reviews would've been "they should've stayed broken up". Just do a mix of "Mind Games","Walls and Bridges", "Dark Horse", Extra Texture", "Ringo", "Venus and Mars", and "Goodnight Vienna". Would've been interesting because McCartney had recorded in Nashville and New Orleans, and without a doubt John would've extended that lost weekend a while longer.

It's def. possible Harry Nilsson could've worked with them - as his backing musicians. They would've joked that it was full circle, being the backing band for someone else.

I know the "official" breakup was in 1970, but in 1974 May Pang had taken a photo of John being the last one to sign off on the band breaking up, and I think that was when he decided to really put it behind him. Once John and Yoko got back together, his focus was on anything but music. Now it's clearer why she kicked him out, and why they got back together.

But when you're talking about a group that wrote 200 plus songs in 7 years that people actually liked and remembered, when do you stop caring about if the next song is #1 or not? George had something to prove as a songwriter. Paul was prob. the most affected by the breakup, and it's obvious he announced it before John because he was angry at them all taking sides against him and going through a period of having his money frozen.

It's probable Phil Spector would've produced it. George Martin had already left EMI, or had been in the process of leaving. So with Allen Klein and Phil Spector, they might have wound up relocating to the US anyway. John also had his house outfitted for recording, which Judas Priest and others have used when Ringo moved to France (which no longer exists, the owner tore the house down).

I think the Lost Weekend was probably the closest the world ever came to a Beatles break up. He also saw his son in this period. It's almost like Yoko had him under mind control--"Julian is bad, the Beatles are bad; there is only me."

You know there is the "Toot and a Snore in '74" bootleg, which is a very drunk and stoned John and Paul reuniting in I think May 1974 and playing together with some other musicians.

Guest Len B'stard

very drunk n stoned :lol: Jesus, they're just jamming :rolleyes: Very drunk and very stoned people don't sound like that, you could do a few lines of coke and function fine Miser, its not fuckin strynchni...i forgot how to spell that, y'know what i mean :)