Axl and Duff picture (London 2010)

Cuban Skies

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Wait this is the tweet:

Happy Bday shout out, to my man @DuffMcKagan64 today + to @AxlRose tomw!! -(London 2010) http://say.ly/jGJ84d

about 16 hours ago via Who Say

Does that mean the pic was actually taken back in October in London?

Good thing Axl looked so much better when he turned up in Australia later last year, because you can't honestly say he looks good in that picture for being a damn sex icon 15 years earlier (other examples of early 90's hottest celebrities in the same age include Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and others who have aged like fine wine). Someone who was not a dedicated fan wouldn't even recognize him.

OK, enough being superficial. It is just a bit hard to get over, his looks were like perfection!

Duff looks so great though. Like a different person, but great!

Edited by Changes

I really, really hope we get a reunion! rock3

With everyone but slash maybe.. does anyone even know if Izzy is still alive? Axl has said he gets up to some crazy sh*t

slash mentioned Izzy doing his own thing when he was on the Metal Show. Izzy doesn't really socialize much. I think he keeps to himself alot and does his own music thing.

Slash was also pretty definite about there not being a GNR reunion with him because he feels that Izzy and Steven both were a huge part of the original GNR and didn't agree with Axl when he fired Steven.

Who knows? Slash doesn't want to discuss it anymore and Axl seems to be just as hateful as ever, so I doubt it. They are happy doing what they do, so I guess we all have to deal with it.

I just want to see Axl live and after seeing and hearing his new GNR band online, I think I could deal with it as long as Axl is doing the singing.

Then go and talk about it in the reunion thread.

Sorry, but for me GNR will always be Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve. I wouldn't care at all if the current lineup of GNR were to end tomorrow. I call those guys Pellet Guns N Pussy Willows.

Edited by straitofdreams

Good thing Axl looked so much better when he turned up in Australia later last year, because you can't honestly say he looks good in that picture for being a damn sex icon 15 years earlier (other examples of early 90's hottest celebrities in the same age include Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and others who have aged like fine wine). Someone who was not a dedicated fan wouldn't even recognize him.

OK, enough being superficial. It is just a bit hard to get over, his looks were like perfection!

Well everyone looks different as they age, even if you get some kind of surgery, you can still see the difference.

I agree that Johnny Depp looks amazing, but I heard that Brad Pitt in person has the worst skin, so he probably wears tons of makeup.

I think Axl looks pretty good, but no one looks at 49 like they did at 25. It's the way things are. I'm sure Axl enjoyed his youth at the time, like all do, but age catches up with us all, my friend. Just keep a positive mind and stay active and enjoy your life and it will show on your face. :)

With everyone but slash maybe.. does anyone even know if Izzy is still alive? Axl has said he gets up to some crazy sh*t

slash mentioned Izzy doing his own thing when he was on the Metal Show. Izzy doesn't really socialize much. I think he keeps to himself alot and does his own music thing.

Slash was also pretty definite about there not being a GNR reunion with him because he feels that Izzy and Steven both were a huge part of the original GNR and didn't agree with Axl when he fired Steven.

Who knows? Slash doesn't want to discuss it anymore and Axl seems to be just as hateful as ever, so I doubt it. They are happy doing what they do, so I guess we all have to deal with it.

I just want to see Axl live and after seeing and hearing his new GNR band online, I think I could deal with it as long as Axl is doing the singing.

The way I interpret it, Slash really was in on firing Steven but now he denies it cause he feels guilty and doesn't want to be the bad guy in public. I mean if he saw how Steve was doing and disagreed on firing him, one might think he would have at least stayed in contact. But he did not.

Well everyone looks different as they age, even if you get some kind of surgery, you can still see the difference.

I agree that Johnny Depp looks amazing, but I heard that Brad Pitt in person has the worst skin, so he probably wears tons of makeup.

I think Axl looks pretty good, but no one looks at 49 like they did at 25. It's the way things are. I'm sure Axl enjoyed his youth at the time, like all do, but age catches up with us all, my friend. Just keep a positive mind and stay active and enjoy your life and it will show on your face. :)

I think alot of Axl's current aging appearance is a result of the stress that comes along with no longer playing with the best band of all time. Playing with Slash again would probably be like a natural botox.