Axl and Duff picture (London 2010)

Cuban Skies

Good thing Axl looked so much better when he turned up in Australia later last year, because you can't honestly say he looks good in that picture for being a damn sex icon 15 years earlier (other examples of early 90's hottest celebrities in the same age include Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and others who have aged like fine wine). Someone who was not a dedicated fan wouldn't even recognize him.

OK, enough being superficial. It is just a bit hard to get over, his looks were like perfection!

Duff looks so great though. Like a different person, but great!

Well everyone looks different as they age, even if you get some kind of surgery, you can still see the difference.

I agree that Johnny Depp looks amazing, but I heard that Brad Pitt in person has the worst skin, so he probably wears tons of makeup.

I think Axl looks pretty good, but no one looks at 49 like they did at 25. It's the way things are. I'm sure Axl enjoyed his youth at the time, like all do, but age catches up with us all, my friend. Just keep a positive mind and stay active and enjoy your life and it will show on your face. :)

Yes OK, I know. I already feel kind of bad for posting my feelings about that. But I do think most people who take care of themselves (and get to keep their hair) look pretty much the same after their 40's, give and take some wrinkles and a few pounds. Especially the ones with the means of a superstar. Axl has been looking questionably bloated and shiny the last tour, so extremely different from '06 when he still looked like Axl Rose. But as I said, he really looked much better in December. A bit hard to tell though when he has got that mustache covering half his face and for the most part sunglasses and hats too.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing Axl looked so much better when he turned up in Australia later last year, because you can't honestly say he looks good in that picture for being a damn sex icon 15 years earlier (other examples of early 90's hottest celebrities in the same age include Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and others who have aged like fine wine). Someone who was not a dedicated fan wouldn't even recognize him.

OK, enough being superficial. It is just a bit hard to get over, his looks were like perfection!

Duff looks so great though. Like a different person, but great!

Well everyone looks different as they age, even if you get some kind of surgery, you can still see the difference.

I agree that Johnny Depp looks amazing, but I heard that Brad Pitt in person has the worst skin, so he probably wears tons of makeup.

I think Axl looks pretty good, but no one looks at 49 like they did at 25. It's the way things are. I'm sure Axl enjoyed his youth at the time, like all do, but age catches up with us all, my friend. Just keep a positive mind and stay active and enjoy your life and it will show on your face. :)

Brad Pitt had/has acne scars which he either got rid of or covers up. Look at the movie True Romance from 1993 before he was really big and you'll see them.

Axl looks the same as 2006 except his face is a little heavier.

pittjolie.jpg

Edited by Indigo Child

But I do think most people who take care of themselves (and get to keep their hair) look pretty much the same after their 40's, give and take some wrinkles and a few pounds. Especially the ones with the means of a superstar.

Some people just wear it well. I'd cite Ian Astbury (48) and Billy Duffy (49) of The Cult as good examples. Sure there might be a few wrinkles here and there and Ian has put on the beef in the past couple of years (owing mainly to him having had hip surgery and not being able to run, play football etc) but they still look pretty much as they did 20+ years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDhx73pgMUk&fmt=18

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Can't we for once just set aside the explicit (e.g. allegations of plastic surgery on Axl's part, the potential for a reunion) and focus on the implicit (i.e. once bitter opponents learning to tolerate one another again)?

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Jim M. would stil ook good if he would of shaved that beard

He grew it partially to hide the fact that his face had gotten fat, cause he had been drinking and grown (in the words of his friends) a "paunch."

He stopped wearing leather pants and T-shirts and donned looser clothing like workman's jeans, slacks, and Mexican wedding shirts.

1967:

tumblr_l1m0w8nst31qbfqnno1_500.jpg

June 28th, 1971 (just over a week before his death, he had shaved the beard):

jim_pam_a.jpg

Axl and Jim had a similar face shape when they were young:

ezvpni36adsjpvij.jpg

Jim+Morrison+1967.jpg

Edited by Indigo Child

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Can't believe that this turned into a surgery thread.

This is a positive thread/thing please stop!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

most Rock Stars age like shit compared to Actors

Axl, January 1990:

axl0018eguh1.jpg

Axl, around June 1992:

aaaaabbbbbeard.jpg

Axl, January 1994:

axl27.jpg

Axl, either circa April 1996, or early 1997:

12f0535cte2.jpg

he looks like he had cancer witch is sad!!

Whats with the shitty bandana!!

Edited by fergus

Can't believe that this turned into a surgery thread.

This is a positive thread/thing please stop!

Nobody mentioned surgery but I do feel a bit guilty for bringing looks up like I did. Sorry! For the record I would SO have surgery if all I had to do was log on the internet to find thousands of reviews of my own looks, good or bad. It must be terrible.

Edit: A reaction to that Spin Magazine: Korn was around in the 80's?! Did not know that

Edited by Changes

most Rock Stars age like shit compared to Actors

Axl, January 1990:

axl0018eguh1.jpg

Axl, around June 1992:

aaaaabbbbbeard.jpg

Axl, January 1994:

axl27.jpg

Axl, either circa April 1996, or early 1997:

12f0535cte2.jpg

he looks like he had cancer witch is sad!!

Whats with the shitty bandana!!

The rumors abounded a few months ago about that, and back in 1999, there were rumors that Axl was very sickly which is why he hadn't appeared since 1994.

In 1996, he was backstage with RHCP and they described him as having "short hair and a beard."

Also, Moby mentioned in 1997 (he worked with Axl for two months that spring) that Axl had always had a hat on when they met, and that Axl wore a big beard that ''obviously hadn't been groomed." He also said Axl seemed like a "beaten dog", very shy and "reserved."

Note his mother died of cancer in 1996.

Edited by Indigo Child

@Indigo Child -apparently axl was battling testicular cancer or a mild unspecified cancer during part of that "recluse" stage. It's also fairly obvious axl has a complex about his hair,explaining all the styles,hats,weaves,bandannas etc…

Erin once said that Axl was kind of worried about going bald, but then most men I've met are, including myself.

I can't help but think the reason Axl is not smiling there is because he doesn't want to encourage any strong reunion rumours (I realise any picture with him and another old member will encorage rumours anyway), but he does smile for photos now and again.

Edited by Let And Let Live

I can't help but think the reason Axl is not smiling there is because he doesn't want to encourage any strong reunion rumours (I realise any picture with him and anther old member will encorage rumours anyway), he does smile for photos now and again.

He doesn't smile in a lot of pictures, though, at least not these days.

77351639.jpg

2529406.jpg

18570_1363028193488_1165094939_2587681_6778673_n.jpg

axli.jpg

axlroseappreciation-1.jpg

axlroseappreciation%20-%20Copy.jpg

I can't help but think the reason Axl is not smiling there is because he doesn't want to encourage any strong reunion rumours (I realise any picture with him and another old member will encorage rumours anyway), but he does smile for photos now and again.

Axl doesn't really smile in those type of pictures anyway,sure there's the odd smiling picture but I get the feeling he thinks the whole photo thong is laborious.mainly because he knows that it will probably end up online on a forum with people staying up all night arguing on a never-ending thread about how fat and gay he looks.

Duff wife posted on her Twitter:

duffaxl2011.jpg

:lol:

http://twitter.com/#!/SuHolmesMcKagan

http://www.whosay.com/SusanHolmesMcKagan/photos/10857

The blond woman is Duff wife and the other one is Axl's girlfriend Sasha.

Sasha is ENGAGED to Dan Macmillan and has been engaged to Dan since July 2010. She is a friend of GNR that's all and NOT a girlfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1293716/Sashas-ultimatum-brings-bachelor-Dan-knee.html

Just friends, you say?:

axlsacha.jpg

2608471024_8ff4f16621.jpg

gallery-3868381.jpg?v=1260819620

Edited by Indigo Child

People, seriously!

Why are we discussing Axl and Duffs look's when we should be discussing how cool it is to see two people who haven't spoken in 15 years actaully hanging out with eachother.

Because "Changes" is another BBA cupcake account and everyone took the bait.