AC/DC Let There Be Rock blu-ray announced!

Zint

oh fuck yeah! :heart:

Warner Home Video has announced AC/DC: Let There Be Rock for Blu-ray release on June 7, in a limited-edition BD/DVD combo pack in a 30th Anniversary Collector's Tin. This legendary concert film covers a 1979 Paris concert during the Australian heavy metal band's "Highway To Hell" tour. Interview segments and humorous backstage footage show another side to the musicians, especially AC/DC's flamboyant lead singer Bon Scott, who died two months after this filmed concert.

The track listing is as follows:

Live Wire

Shot Down in Flames

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Sin City

Walk All over You

Bad Boy Boogie

The Jack

Highway to Hell

Girls Got Rhythm

High Voltage

Whole Lotta Rosie

Rocker

Let There Be Rock

Special features include:

Loud, Locked & Loaded: The Rites of Rock: Seasoned rockers, actors and journalists recollect their rite of passage as early witnesses to the raw, bone rattling rock of AC/DC.

AC/DC: The Bedrock of Riff:No one has mastered the basic DNA of Riff Rock as successfully as AC/DC. Explore Angus and Malcolm Young's telepathic groove and the four-on-the-floor swing of Mark Rudd.

Angus Young: A True Guitar Monster: Angus Young's transformation from diminutive schoolboy to raging rock monster electrifies the masses. Find out what makes this time bomb tick.

Bon Scott: The Pirate of Rock 'n' Roll: Bon Scott was the ringleader of the AC/DC circus, balancing his screaming sexuality with a rakish charm. Get a glimpse into the life of a classic Rock 'n' Roll pirate.

AC/DC: A Rock Solid Legacy: From bar band to arena rock, AC/DC stuck to their guns and shot their way to the top. Fellow rockers and journalists chart AC/DC's ascent into the Pantheon of Rock Gods in rock 'n' roll history.

BD Playlist: your favorite songs in your favorite order

32-page tribute book by rock journalist Anthony Bozza (author of Why AC/DC Matters

Exclusive souvenir guitar pick

Collector card set featuring concert photos

news_5871.jpg

20680_front.jpg

Edited by zint61

Good stuff! I went to go see AC/DC a couple of years ago and they blew the roof off the arena. Side note... I have been to a couple of forums of Ac/dc and they bitch about the setlists, just like the baby cryiers on this forum who bitch. Just enjoy the show and shut up. Or just dont go.

Good stuff! I went to go see AC/DC a couple of years ago and they blew the roof off the arena. Side note... I have been to a couple of forums of Ac/dc and they bitch about the setlists, just like the baby cryiers on this forum who bitch. Just enjoy the show and shut up. Or just dont go.

AC/DC forums are the absolute funniest forums ever (aside from Body Building)

Those people are fucking crazy :lol:

This thread has reminded me of how many absolute live gems AC/DC has that haven't been released properly, especially from the early Brian years...the band was at its absolute fucking wildest at that point imo..especially '83-'85 in terms of antics and shit. However, performance-wise '81 and up until FoTW they were bloody brilliant.

I hope one day...one cold day in hell...Largo '81 is released properly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuSWsLYdFyw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFLjFboJdPQ&feature=related

If ya haven't seen this acca dacca gig, you ain't seen shit.

This thread has reminded me of how many absolute live gems AC/DC has that haven't been released properly, especially from the early Brian years...the band was at its absolute fucking wildest at that point imo..especially '83-'85 in terms of antics and shit. However, performance-wise '81 and up until FoTW they were bloody brilliant.

I saw Brian's 14th show with the band (July 1980)...was pretty amazing shit! B)

Wonder what took so long to put it out. It's up for presale on Warners website.

I'm pretty sure they're going to do a one night theatrical showing of this, because they did it when "Song Remains the Same" was released on Blu Ray, also released by Warners.

I forget if it was Angus or Malcolm who said before that the reason it wasn't out was because the original master tapes of the video were lost/destroyed and thus would prevent a true restoration and they didn't want to give the fans something that wasn't decent quality.

Either they found a decent master of it or finally realized that the fans don't care if the quality isn't totally perfect. I mean, look at some of the stuff that was released on Plug Me In - some of that footage was hardly the greatest quality but it's still awesome to see and nice to have on DVD.

My VHS copy of Let There Be Rock is hardly in the best shape (the cover has been chopped up and stuck in one of those plastic rental boxes, it was the cheapest one on eBay way back when I got it) so I couldn't be happier that it's finally coming to DVD & Blu Ray. I'll definitely be picking up the Blu Ray box set.

I would LOVE to see an early BJ gig released officially. The '80 and '81 shows are, bar none, my favorite period in AC/DC history. And flame me if you want, but during that period, Brian Johnson blew Bon out of the water in terms of performance.

Edited by Powerage5

I would LOVE to see an early BJ gig released officially. The '80 and '81 shows are, bar none, my favorite period in AC/DC history. And flame me if you want, but during that period, Brian Johnson blew Bon out of the water in terms of performance.

If Arthur Schopenhauer wasn't so badass, I would make this my sig 'cos I agree with you so much.

I'm thinking they must have found a good print if they are bothering with a blu-ray transfer.

Fuck man I still love the VHS so anything must be an improvement!!

I'm quite stoked for this! :shades:

A couple years ago I would have been satisfied with them making a transfer directly from the VHS to DVD - just to have the damn thing on DVD!

Now to hear that they're even doing a Blu Ray, that's awesome! It'll be nice to see this gem in top quality.