Dj's New Song Debuts - Lies of the Beautiful People

axlslash

All I can think about is how good this song would sound with Axl singing and also taking part in the song writing. It really has me excited for them creating a new album together. I love all the other guitar players, but it seems like DJ has the best song writing skills out of everyone they've had since Slash.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Nikki says there will be no tour.

Seriously? :( I wanted to see a Sixx: A.M. show so bad.

Love the song btw. Still growing on me though, but it's very catchy!

Yeah, me too, but Nikki said they were never meant to be a touring band in the first place. It was just something they did for themselves, not to sell a million records etc.

All I can think about is how good this song would sound with Axl singing and also taking part in the song writing. It really has me excited for them creating a new album together. I love all the other guitar players, but it seems like DJ has the best song writing skills out of everyone they've had since Slash.

I believe Nikki writes most of the lyrics for Sixx:AM though, at least for the Heroin Diaries album. Can't be sure about this new album.

Yeah, me too, but Nikki said they were never meant to be a touring band in the first place. It was just something they did for themselves, not to sell a million records etc.

Yeah, that's true. But a small tour wouldn't hurt anyone. Hope they change their minds. Or it might be because GN'R or Motley is up to something. DJ talked about a tour, but that it wouldn't happen if Motley or GN'R planned to tour, after all that's their first priority. So see that one...! At least we have a whole album to look forward to :D :D

Yeah, that's true. But a small tour wouldn't hurt anyone. Hope they change their minds. Or it might be because GN'R or Motley is up to something. DJ talked about a tour, but that it wouldn't happen if Motley or GN'R planned to tour, after all that's their first priority. So see that one...! At least we have a whole album to look forward to :D :D

And a book. Don't forget the book! :D Mötley got 7 concerts I think, in the US and Mexico for Crüe Fest 3 and then Nikki's book tour, so I don't see a tour fitting in :( I just hope he will come to Europe on his book tour!

And a book. Don't forget the book! :D Mötley got 7 concerts I think, in the US and Mexico for Crüe Fest 3 and then Nikki's book tour, so I don't see a tour fitting in :( I just hope he will come to Europe on his book tour!

That explains why :P Would be cool if he stopped by Denmark if he decides to to Europe aswell!

I believe Nikki writes most of the lyrics for Sixx:AM though, at least for the Heroin Diaries album. Can't be sure about this new album.

DJ does write most of the music though, right? Im not a big fan of the singer, or the lyrics of the song. The music is what I thought was good, mainly DJ's guitar parts. With Axl on there structuring the song, writing the lyrics, and singing it would be a badass track no doubt. DJ seems to know how to write some catchy music.

Edited by DocBrown

Even more entertaining than that, is as soon as I saw the title to this thread I knew the exact posters who would say the song sucks. You guys really are that predictable.

I like the song

I dunno

what that part of the post had to do

with me. :shrugs:

I'm actually surprised by some of the folks that didn't.

Edited by moreblack

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It's good (grown on me a little since I first listened). Cool seing Dj in another capacity as well.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Really liking this song, the drums are pounding, the guitar work makes me wish DJ can get some studio time with Axl and the vocals compliment everything. It's unlikely to bring them in more fans but I never felt that was the point of this band, they seem to be much more into the "Lets see if this works" mindset than the "Lets make popular songs" one.