Rolling Stone: 10 Best Albums Of The 90's

sascha

10. Guns & Roses - 'Use Your Illusion 1 and 2'These are technically two different albums, but since they were released on the same side they are widely seen as a double album. Even most hardcore Guns N' Roses fans admit that it's bloated and all over the place, but the high points ("November Rain," "Civil War," "You Could Be Mine" "Don't Cry") rank among the best work the band ever did. The original group split after a long tour supporting the disc, and Axl Rose has made it quite clear that he will never again share a stage with Slash. GNR are eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year, so the world will finally be able to call his bluff.

Damn there were some shit bands in front of GNR.. what fuck are people on???

10. Guns & Roses - 'Use Your Illusion 1 and 2'These are technically two different albums, but since they were released on the same side they are widely seen as a double album. Even most hardcore Guns N' Roses fans admit that it's bloated and all over the place, but the high points ("November Rain," "Civil War," "You Could Be Mine" "Don't Cry") rank among the best work the band ever did. The original group split after a long tour supporting the disc, and Axl Rose has made it quite clear that he will never again share a stage with Slash. GNR are eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year, so the world will finally be able to call his bluff.

Damn there were some shit bands in front of GNR.. what fuck are people on???

I thought most of the bands in front of GNR were kind of logical choices. It's the bands that defined the 90's. Although Smashing Pumpkins x2 wasn't necessary.

Funny, the only albums I'd like to listen to from those albums are the U2 one, pumpkins/mellon collie, Radiohead/Ok Computer, and of course I would go through Axl 'n Roses video compilation. :thumbsup:

Although I respect Nirvana/nevermind wouldnt like to listen to it now.

Guest Len B'stard

Way to ignore hip hop completely :rolleyes:

indeed.

They're only singing up the albums they sang up in the first place, "Nevermind's importance is overstated somewhat" or whatever, yeah, cuz of magazines like Rolling fuckin Stone.

Oasis was more deserving of two albums on the list I think. Definitely Maybe is crazy good! Listening to Supersonic as we speak.

I know that the poll wasn't country specific, but DM wasn't that big in the US. No shocker that it didn't make the cut.

Great record though.

The Smashing Pumpkins being in there twice is just plain redundant compared to the res of the albums from the 90's.

What about albums like Rage Against The Machine, Californication or Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Fuck, even The Slim Shady LP made quite the impact.

Maybe Zooropa, Shake Your Money Maker, Innuendo, Jagged Little Pill... Ok, maybe these last few weren't *that* huge, but they certainly made a similar impact than the average Pumpkins album.

Oasis was more deserving of two albums on the list I think. Definitely Maybe is crazy good! Listening to Supersonic as we speak.

Also true.

Are you saying that jagged little pill wasn't a huge album?

No, I wasn't. I know it was huge. But I'm not sure it's in the same league as RATM's debut or Californiication. Aside from that yes it's one of the biggest albums of the 90's.

It's in the same league. JLP is a great record.The follow up was one the most anticipated records in along time.

Oh, and while I don't agree with the Pumpkins placing two albums on the list (I don't really like Siamese Dream), both of those records were huge.

Edited by SunnyDRE