Tokyo DVDs

metalroses

Hi

dont know if this has been posted but on my live cd from the dvd from this concert just before double talking jive Axl does his rant and brings Mitch on stage and says something like yes mitch was on cnn. Basically hes an interpreter.

Is there any video footage of this ?

Cheers.

sorry i meant live cd of the dvd concert

Edited by metalroses

A favorite? I thought it was a long winded unnecessary speech that did nothing but secure his petulant reputation and immaturity.

Yes, but without this rant there wouldn't be thousands of GN'R forum members calling each other "home fucks" 20 years later.

But really. Warren Beatty? I know there was the whole thing with Stephanie, but Warren Beatty? I typically find axl's rants from the 90's a little embarrassing.

I don't know but, the Paris 92 pre-DTJ rant is my favorite of ALL DTJ rants lol.

That outfit - all ways reminds of Axl meets Super-man :D

DTJ - one of the best GN'R songs that doesn't get played live any more :question:

Edited by star

A favorite? I thought it was a long winded unnecessary speech that did nothing but secure his petulant reputation and immaturity.

Yes, but without this rant there wouldn't be thousands of GN'R forum members calling each other "home fucks" 20 years later.

But really. Warren Beatty? I know there was the whole thing with Stephanie, but Warren Beatty? I typically find axl's rants from the 90's a little embarrassing.

Lol...I know what you mean. I remember watching it live and being like....YEAH! You tell him, Axl! Wait......that was about Dick Tracy? WTF?

What you see as immaturity, I see as courage. Axl didn't give a fuck what anyone thought. He said whatever he wanted to say whenever he wanted to say it. That takes a hell of alot more guts than it does to be politically correct. If you go out there and say what's on your mind all the time, you know you're going to be hated for it by alot of people and people are going to attack you.

You have to be strong to confront things...

Edited by Nintari

I disagree. Axl looking absolutely ridiculous has always been a big part of his persona. From the skin tight leather and teased hair, to the biker shorts, to the oversized jerseys and braids, to the cornrows and leather vests, to the mustache. It is part of what makes him Axl Rose. The fact that HE thought he was a bad ass walking around in a Sgt. Pepper's coat, biking shorts, and combat boots is Axl Rose in a nutshell.

I disagree. Axl looking absolutely ridiculous has always been a big part of his persona. From the skin tight leather and teased hair, to the biker shorts, to the oversized jerseys and braids, to the cornrows and leather vests, to the mustache. It is part of what makes him Axl Rose. The fact that HE thought he was a bad ass walking around in a Sgt. Pepper's coat, biking shorts, and combat boots is Axl Rose in a nutshell.

I agree with you when it comes to the 80's and 90's. But wasn't the jerseys in fashion in the early 00's? Wearing them was not controversial but just bad taste. Same for braids, a lot of people had a braid period. Now his dressing is just plain and the mustache is just... James Hetfield dull. Something for older men, not edgy. In the 90's of course for example biker shorts were kind of contemporary, but he wore them with a twist (twist being wearing them on stage instead of on a bike for example :D ).