Axl's Message/Article in the unreleased Chinese Democracy booklet

ITW 2012

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe those behind the scenes are indeed planning to re-release the album with the better art and with more tracks, and they don't like anyone getting the jump on them.

Hopefully man, but really, who outside these forums would care that the booklet gets leaked? How could it damage the release in anyway. The general population will not rush out to get this when and if it comes out UNLESS it is HEAVILY promoted. I sure as hell will buy this when it comes out, but i do not think leaking the images will cause up much of a stir outside the Guns N' Roses forums. I just don't get why this band is so secretive over trivial matters. I can understand the 70's band mentality of keeping things mystic aka Led Zeppelin, but their plans usually came to fruition.

I hope there's a hidden message in Axl's words. That would be cool.

Holy shit I agree with you for once. Can we be friends now? Haha. But seriously, good point- Axl has a history of embedding hidden messages.

Sooo, is there a cheap data mining program I can borrow to run on it? ; ) Yes yes I know: where would be the fun in that? Gotta figure it out old school. Hmmm....

So, am I wrong, or is the issue with N. Ireland different from that of Scotland and Wales due to historical ties to the crown? Both Scotland and Wales have seen their fair share of people from their kingdoms get crowned as King of the UK, from modern times all the way back to the Stuarts. However, unless I'm mistaken, Ireland has never been represented in the British royal family. I know this is nearly a moot point, as the King/Queen has no real power, but it has to be a problem in creating buy-in from the Irish people. Basically, Ireland was on their way to home rule before WWI, then they put their differences with the British kingdoms aside in a patriotic stance vs. Germany. The issue of home rule never got serious attention afterward. It's like the movement got put on pause and never got officially revisited.

Wales was conquered by England and essentially became an English municipality long before either of the other two. Scotland was technically never conquered by England, the King James VI of Scotland ascended to the throne of England where he became James I, he tried to unite the two but they remained separate countries (ruled by the same Monarch) for about a century after this, then politically the two were united in the Act of Union in 1707 (despite widespread Scottish protest). All three of the non-English states now have devolved parliaments with limited jurisdiction and varying degrees of success... The idea's gone over most successfully in Scotland which is why we have a fully fledged parliament with a pro-independence administration currently running the show (although it's definitely not without its problems , and I'm not sure how I feel on the subject of independence... I don't feel "British" by any stretch of the imagination but looking at how Ireland's not doing too well I think for Scotland to sever our ties with England at the moment is one of the last things we need and at any rate we have cultural autonomy, our own flag, our own broadcasting system, respect for both languages used here, no one corrects us when we say we're Scottish.) Whereas in Wales the idea received a far narrower majority so they have far fewer powers and Northern Ireland has been returned to Westminster rule more than once because it's such a hotbed of political instability that the assembly just can't cope...

Am I supposed to actually believe this is real? WTF is that junk about rhiad supposed to mean? He actually wrote a song about what sounds like a fake person who was related to Erin Everly?...okay.

Oh and to all these idiot relativists on here tring to sound intelligent while equating Western politics as nothing better than Communist China....STFU...you're not smart by trying to come of as a cynical intellectual...you're actually a dumbass for not realizing that there is a HUGE difference between the two and how it affects citizens...Pointing out that democracy still allows problems to happen in societies isn't a novel thought...no system is perfect, there's just a lot less perfect ones...is that really that hard to understand?

Axl repeatedly states the guy claims this that and the other thing. Rhiad is the guy's code name according to him. Axl is not saying he believes what the guy says. Very simply, he is telling what he was thinking about when the songs were written. At least that's the way I take it.

Axl repeatedly states the guy claims this that and the other thing. Rhiad is the guy's code name according to him. Axl is not saying he believes what the guy says. Very simply, he is telling what he was thinking about when the songs were written. At least that's the way I take it.

Actually, "Riad" in Arabic is a very common name, its pronounced "Ree-yowd", Axl did say Riad was part Lebanese in descent.

"Her siblings are brother musician Edan Everly and sister Stacy Everly"

Well this should be easy. Since Erin only has two siblings, and it's neither of them (Edan is fairly well known in his own right, it's a famous family), that would leave Stacy's husband, assuming she has one, as the only possible candidate. Should be pretty easy to debunk this shit. I'm lazy, someone Google some more.

Am I supposed to actually believe this is real? WTF is that junk about rhiad supposed to mean? He actually wrote a song about what sounds like a fake person who was related to Erin Everly?...okay.

Oh and to all these idiot relativists on here tring to sound intelligent while equating Western politics as nothing better than Communist China....STFU...you're not smart by trying to come of as a cynical intellectual...you're actually a dumbass for not realizing that there is a HUGE difference between the two and how it affects citizens...Pointing out that democracy still allows problems to happen in societies isn't a novel thought...no system is perfect, there's just a lot less perfect ones...is that really that hard to understand?

You're the one coming off as cynical... We're were discussing politics in a political thread, if you have nothing intelligent to add STFU.

The book is so obviously real.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I absolutely love the politicized Axl. From doctrines on China, to a critique on possibly a Rothschild? Not to mention the numerous politically orientated t-shirts on tour (e.g. the Soviet tees etc.). He should really run for office (I bet he'd be a Ron Paul type character).

Well this should be easy. Since Erin only has two siblings, and it's neither of them (Edan is fairly well known in his own right, it's a famous family), that would leave Stacy's husband, assuming she has one, as the only possible candidate. Should be pretty easy to debunk this shit. I'm lazy, someone Google some more.

Those are just her full siblings, Don Everly had a bunch of kids. I can't believe the skepticism about this, no one has ever effectively impersonated Axl's particular strain of crazy. It's legit.

I think it's real. Remember that "fake" prototype CD cover that referenced Thyme (which was considered a fake song because of the fake one running around). Years later the real release Chinese Democracy front/back covers looked the same as the prototype with the same fonts etc (and MSL confirmed Thyme as a real song). It's as real as the deal with Bill McNeal.

Those are just her full siblings, Don Everly had a bunch of kids. I can't believe the skepticism about this, no one has ever effectively impersonated Axl's particular strain of crazy. It's legit.

How does that make it any more true? "...no one has ever effectively impersonated Axl's particular strain of crazy. It's legit." No, that doesn't make it legit.

I'm somewhat willing to buy some of this... but there's been way too many false rumours on these boards of late.

Edited by kyrie

How does that make it any more true? "...no one has ever effectively impersonated Axl's particular strain of crazy. It's legit." No, that doesn't make it legit.

I'm somewhat willing to buy some of this... but there's been way too many false rumours on these boards of late.

It's legit. Even Chairman Jarmo is allowing it to be discussed.

I think it's real. Remember that "fake" prototype CD cover that referenced Thyme (which was considered a fake song because of the fake one running around). Years later the real release Chinese Democracy front/back covers looked the same as the prototype with the same fonts etc (and MSL confirmed Thyme as a real song). It's as real as the deal with Bill McNeal.

The Thyme title has been around since 2002. It was mentioned by Marco Beltrami on his website back then, along with Seven, Leave Me Alone (Soul Monster) and The General. The "prototype cover" you're talking about, I'm assuming the "bike against the wall" one was fan made.

From the Way Back Machine, dunno if the link works...

http://web.archive.org/web/20021120050838/http://marcobeltrami.com/

Anyhow, I agree with you that the most recent one is most definitely real.

Edited by spirit83

So the US tour dates are also legit? He's allowing those to be discussed. Stop and think about what you're saying. As much as a lot of people dislike the guy and his quick to delete moderation, he usually allows non-slanderous rumours to be discussed.

Again, the standards around here are laughable when it comes to rumours. This may very well turn out legit, just saying, you guys are fucking hilarious at times. Jarmo didn't delete it so it's true. Is the reverse therefore true as well? He's not allowing it to be discussed, so it must be false? I bet half the haters on here would shit themselves at that idea ;)

So the US tour dates are also legit? He's allowing those to be discussed. Stop and think about what you're saying. As much as a lot of people dislike the guy and his quick to delete moderation, he usually allows non-slanderous rumours to be discussed.

Again, the standards around here are laughable when it comes to rumours. This may very well turn out legit, just saying, you guys are fucking hilarious at times. Jarmo didn't delete it so it's true. Is the reverse therefore true as well? He's not allowing it to be discussed, so it must be false? I bet half the haters on here would shit themselves at that idea ;)

After waiting all those years for Chinese Democracy I've been conditioned to believe everything Jarmo allows discussions of.

Edited by ITW 2012