Axl's Message/Article in the unreleased Chinese Democracy booklet

ITW 2012

I don't think this is fake at all. Axl is the master of run-on sentences. They often seem so long that I sometimes have to re-read them 3 or so times to understand him. It is exhausting.

yeah, he puts way too much information in every sentance :P my brain's almost over loaded when i've reached the end

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe those behind the scenes are indeed planning to re-release the album with the better art and with more tracks, and they don't like anyone getting the jump on them.

well that would be all fine and dandy then :blink:

i don't get your smiley, sorry. i think i was having a shot at sarcasm in my post

... I just don't get why this band is so secretive over trivial matters ...

this is the point i was trying to make in my post ^

and btw: i don't know if anyone's mentioned it but one of these booklets just sold on ebay for 8 bucks or so here: http://cgi.ebay.com....e=STRK:MEDWX:IT

I hope Axl turns inward for a critique of America on the next album.

oh shit yes

just a blood-red jambalaya of piss and bile and out of control guitars, i'm thinking the hardest bits on mellon collie mixed with armed forces word play and murder ballads ("stagger lee") vocal delivery...throw in some hooks from the suicide book of vocabulary and the desperation found in born in the u.s.a. and we'll have a bona-fide classic clasped in our clammy hands

perhaps then green day can drop their political wankery

So, am I wrong, or is the issue with N. Ireland different from that of Scotland and Wales due to historical ties to the crown? Both Scotland and Wales have seen their fair share of people from their kingdoms get crowned as King of the UK, from modern times all the way back to the Stuarts. However, unless I'm mistaken, Ireland has never been represented in the British royal family. I know this is nearly a moot point, as the King/Queen has no real power, but it has to be a problem in creating buy-in from the Irish people. Basically, Ireland was on their way to home rule before WWI, then they put their differences with the British kingdoms aside in a patriotic stance vs. Germany. The issue of home rule never got serious attention afterward. It's like the movement got put on pause and never got officially revisited.

Britain's ties to Northern Ireland was always a grey area before the start of WW1. Northern Ireland (which contained a large British contingency) wished to be part of the United Kingdom but the UK was reluctant to accept this proposal as it would put relations with Eire (Republic of Ireland now) in dire straits.

unreleased Chinese Democracy booklet

Sorry if I sound stoopid, assuming this is for real.. is this booklet some sort of leak? some sort of Best Buy limited edition? or simply a rejected idea?

It was a free pullout with Classic Rock magazine a couple of years back. I remember buying it at the time. I'll have that booklet lying around somewhere. It was a nice read at the time but there was nothing really in it that most of the more "in depth" fans wouldn't have already known.

"Her siblings are brother musician Edan Everly and sister Stacy Everly"

Well this should be easy. Since Erin only has two siblings, and it's neither of them (Edan is fairly well known in his own right, it's a famous family), that would leave Stacy's husband, assuming she has one, as the only possible candidate. Should be pretty easy to debunk this shit. I'm lazy, someone Google some more.

Those are just her full siblings, Don Everly had a bunch of kids. I can't believe the skepticism about this, no one has ever effectively impersonated Axl's particular strain of crazy. It's legit.

How does that make it any more true? "...no one has ever effectively impersonated Axl's particular strain of crazy. It's legit." No, that doesn't make it legit.

I'm somewhat willing to buy some of this... but there's been way too many false rumours on these boards of late.

It's legit. Even Chairman Jarmo is allowing it to be discussed.

So the US tour dates are also legit? He's allowing those to be discussed. Stop and think about what you're saying. As much as a lot of people dislike the guy and his quick to delete moderation, he usually allows non-slanderous rumours to be discussed.

Again, the standards around here are laughable when it comes to rumours. This may very well turn out legit, just saying, you guys are fucking hilarious at times. Jarmo didn't delete it so it's true. Is the reverse therefore true as well? He's not allowing it to be discussed, so it must be false? I bet half the haters on here would shit themselves at that idea ;)

There are no US tour dates, they're discussing when the tour is likely to happen based on what BAND MEMBERS have said... a tour is in the works, but there's no concrete dates -it's isn't the same thing. If the discussion was about specific unsubstantiated dates, Jarmo wouldn't allow it.

so now Axl wants to westernize the world?, really?

... what?

It was just his views on China, and spot on. Freedom does not equal 'westernizing the world'. Unless you're a commie, that is.

Freedom?, have you ever been in China??, you'll have tremendous fun...

and yeah there's a big difference on how the world works over there, but that's how they've done it since the beggining of times, there's freedom and all, but if you make a bad mistake you'll pay for it

guilty until proven innocent, and that's how it works what soon will become the first world power

that you don't know how it is over there doesn't make it bad at all

and you're right, there's nothing wrong with sharing your views on the matter, but providing with "what if" scenarios, really?, isn't that manipulative?... either way is crap regardless on how profound the views and toughts are

Dario,as soon as you get over the thrill of being an "internet tough guy",maybe you can tell us why there is an ominous foreboding over china,why the one child law has led to numerous abortions and full-term murders,why "death wagons" (actually vans) cruise the streets,and why do they have concentration camps that torture and abuse dissenters? Why do they require people to kill,or turn over to be killed lifetime pets? I have seen the men with sticks,beating family pets to death,What about the repression of the Falun Gong?,the kidnapping and torture/killing of such? If you can't/don't have knowledge of the things I mention:do yourself a favor and read some books- or go back (if indeed you have ever gone,and join the falun Gong,refuse to hand over a beloved pet to be beaten to death in the street, or make an act of dissent and let the death wagon come for you......

• 9 months later...

Wow, this is the first time I've read this, and... Wow. How deeply, deeply moving and personally felt. I can't believe the record company was stupid enough to take this out of the liner notes. With all the protests happening around the world, and governments changing because of it, I do think it's necessary absolutely that the rerelease of Chinese Democracy includes this message from Axl. I'm not being niave to think that these words could inspire some of the change Axl so clearly yearns for. Is it possible that's exactly why the record company didn't put this out? Because they're more interested in maintaining the powers that be than bringing them to their sha-na-na-na-na-na knees?

Basically, the world needs to hear this. Axl should see if he could deliver it as an address, if not in China, then somewhere where the people of China can hear it and draw inspiration... maybe at the United Nations or something?

I'd love to know what triggered Axl's passion for China. Did it all start with Kundun?

Would be ironic, considering Disney made that flick to appease the chinese govt.

Would fit the man and the bill at hand though. :rofl-lol:

Not sure how a film about a man getting fucked by the Chinese govt is appeasing

I think when people heard the name "Chinese Democracy" it was more of a reason to dump on Axl if you already blamed him. It didn't have a dangerous vibe about it, and I'm sure some people thought "what does a rock star know about political upheaval in China?". This booklet though shows you that he's not your typical head up his ass rock icon, and that he felt very strongly about it. Even if only one person read the essay and "got it" it would of been cool. Of all the bullshit that the guys went through with the making of the album, the injustice of not waiting a few more weeks for the final booklet ranks fairly high on my list.

I think when people heard the name "Chinese Democracy" it was more of a reason to dump on Axl if you already blamed him. It didn't have a dangerous vibe about it, and I'm sure some people thought "what does a rock star know about political upheaval in China?". This booklet though shows you that he's not your typical head up his ass rock icon, and that he felt very strongly about it. Even if only one person read the essay and "got it" it would of been cool. Of all the bullshit that the guys went through with the making of the album, the injustice of not waiting a few more weeks for the final booklet ranks fairly high on my list.

Yeah he is just showing us his fascination with the topic. I don't think it would have made any difference if they waited a few weeks the album was not going to sell. Over the years more people will get into it.

I don't think it would have made any difference if they waited a few weeks the album was not going to sell. Over the years more people will get into it.

I firmly believe if Chinese Democracy was released in the early 90's it would have been minimum 10X Platinum, and the songs would have gotten much more airplay than Appetite because they are "radio friendly".

Yeah he is just showing us his fascination with the topic. I don't think it would have made any difference if they waited a few weeks the album was not going to sell. Over the years more people will get into it.

No I'm not saying it would of made any difference sales wise, I think it would of given better insight into how he got the name. While also showing that the guy is pretty bright, and not some crazy lunatic like he's been made out to be. I think your right though that down the line more people will appreciate it. Theres a quote from Axl from before the UYI albums where he says it doesn't matter about how they were going to be received because he knew the material was strong enough that down the road some new artist would cite it as a reference. I honestly feel that same Axl quote could apply to Chinese.

I think the hardcore fans have developed a close bond with the tracks over the years, our reward if you like. Casual listeners won't get that but it will always be a special album for a lot of people.

Very well said. I remember disliking Shackler's at first after hearing a Rock Band 2 rip, as well as The Blues and Riad from the 2001 Rio show. I never really gave them a chance until 2006. I honestly can't pick a favorite song on the new album. I know it's not the title track, Scraped, or I.R.S., but that's as far as it goes.

It really is an unbelievable album. It's just different.

I think the hardcore fans have developed a close bond with the tracks over the years, our reward if you like. Casual listeners won't get that but it will always be a special album for a lot of people.

Very well said. I remember disliking Shackler's at first after hearing a Rock Band 2 rip, as well as The Blues and Riad from the 2001 Rio show. I never really gave them a chance until 2006. I honestly can't pick a favorite song on the new album. I know it's not the title track, Scraped, or I.R.S., but that's as far as it goes.

It really is an unbelievable album. It's just different.

I remember it taking a long time before I really got Maddy. I was only 14 though when I first heard it at Rio, and a lot of the "Chinese Democracy" tracks aren't easy to digest like AFD. For a 14 or 15 year old AFD is easy to understand and get into. It takes a few more years of learning and growing up to really find your way into some of the songs on Chinese, which in the end makes my appreciation of the songs that much greater. In a way when talking about new material, I'm not so excited to hear it for the first time, because I know that with most of the songs it takes a good number of listens before you get it fully. It seems to me like there aren't so many tracks on the last album that were super catchy right off the bat. There just so complex that it's hard to even know where to start on some of them, but once they sink in it becomes the most rewarding listening expirence you could ever ask for.

Great read. I love the portion where he acknowledges that he doesn't pretend to be an expert or to have all the answers. There are too many preachy Hollywood types who act like they know it all and we should simply accept what they are saying simply because of their fame. I never felt like that while reading this piece. Even when one of the other posters was saying it was a fraud, I still appreciated the thoughtful words regardless of who wrote it. I was happy to read that it really was Axl and I appreciate the way he crafted that piece. Excellent.