Led Zeppelin

Izzy_Stradlin_XX

I know Rush isn't in because they are a prog rock band and the judges dislike prog rock. They are not big metal fans either but they let some in. I think they will start letting in the other prog and metal bands in when in 25 years all the industry has to show for is Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber.

Prog rock? They put that behind with Hemispheres. They were actually pretty mainstream in the 80s, and now part of the classic rock radio landscape. It is about commercial success, otherwise why would Metallica be in and their influences not?

I've already mentioned if it wasn't for Madonna picking Iggy Pop to sing at the induction, he'd still be waiting. That helped him a lot. I think if you want a band to get inducted, the ones who make it in should hire people who haven't made it in yet to do their songs. Madonna proved this works. Even if VR sucked ass playing Van Halen, if they make it in this year, it might have helped being a presence that night.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic