Motley Crue summer tour with Poison & the New York Dolls

Powerage5

"Los Angeles, CA (March 1, 2011) – Mötley Crüe, one of the world’s most iconic rock bands,

have announced initial details today for their summer headlining tour with support from Poison

and special guests New York Dolls (not to be confused with Poison’s solo tour, “Glam-A-

Geddon 25”). The official announcement by Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee and New York Dolls’ David

Johansen was made on the syndicated radio show, Sixx Sense with Nikki Sixx Tuesday March

1st at 7:00pm local time (check www.sixxsense.com for a list of stations). Additionally, the

announcement can be heard on SixxSense.com, iheartradio and on the new Sixx Sense XM

161 Channel. The trek will kick off June 7th in Dallas, TX and hit approximately 40 cities before

coming to a close in early August. Tickets will be available to fan club members beginning

March 11th and a national on sale starts the weekend of March 18th. All tour information can be

found at www.motley.com.

Mötley Crüe has played to millions of fans around the world, adding this summer’s tour to

recent successful outings including Crüe Fest 1 and 2 taking out such notables as Sixx:AM,

Godsmack, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Theory Of A Deadman and many others. For ticket and

tour information and information about Mötley Crüe, please visit: www.motley.com.

For more information on Poison, please visit: www.poisonweb.com.

For more information on New York Dolls, please visit: www.nydolls.org.

Mötley Crüe, Poison and New York Dolls Summer Tour Dates

JUNE

7 Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion

9 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center

10 Houston, TX Toyota Center

12 Albuquerque, NM Hard Rock Pavilion

14 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

15 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

17 Phoenix, AZ Desert Sky Pavilion

18 Las Vegas, NV Venue TBD

19 Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheater

21 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center

22 Maryland Heights, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

24 Minneapolis, MN Target Center

25 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center

26 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center

28 Toronto, ON Molson Ampitheater

29 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre

JULY

1 Tinley Park, IL FMB Amphitheater

2 Noblesville, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center

3 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena

5 Hollywood, FL Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena

6 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

8 Biloxi, MS Mississippi Coast Coliseum

9 Pelham, AL Verizon Wireless Music Center (Mötley Crüe & NY Dolls Only)

10 Atlanta, GA Aaron’s Amphitheater at Lakewood

12 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

13 Hershey, PA Star Pavilion at Hershey Park

15 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena

16 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center

19 Mansfield, MA Comcast Center

20 Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum

22 Darien Lakes, NY Darien Lakes Performing Arts Center

23 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center

24 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE

27 Cheyenne, WY Frontier Days (Mötley Crüe Only)

29 Youngstown, OH Covelli Centre

30 Frederick, MD Outlaw Jam 2011

31 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain

AUGUST

5 Tomah, WI Fort MCoy"

http://www.motley.com/news/9cbda6-mtley-cre-to-headline-summer-tour/

Not at all excited about Poison, but Motley and the NY Dolls should be great! Doing Toronto and Darien, and I'd be doing Scranton if it wasn't the night before I fly out for Maiden in the UK.

Weird!

Anyhoo...if you haven't seen this incarnation of the Dolls,they're really good live!

Well...in a club environment,not sure if playing to an amphitheatre full of Crue fans will work...but I'm sure some will appreciate them.

Poison..meh

I dunno...I'd be tempted to go for the Dolls with the Crue a nice perk. :tongue2:

A friend emailed me this info:

"Conte & Yaffi have left the Dolls .... they are in Michael Monroes new band. Earl Slick is jammin with them now ... new Dolls album is out later this month"

So I don't know what the new line up is like.

I'd check em out in a club environment but I think I'll pass on this scenario.

"Conte & Yaffi have left the Dolls .... they are in Michael Monroes new band. Earl Slick is jammin with them now ... new Dolls album is out later this month"

Aw that sucks, but I guess it makes sense having seen Monroe's set at Summer Sonic and Steve being there, I dig Conte's work in any capacity. One of my favorite musicians. Hell of a singer too...

Edited by moreblack

:(

No Altantic City.

Waiting forever to see Motley agian, then they don't come here. Poison would be fun to see as well.

Well, their out of possibilities of a band to see this summer, come on GN'R!

Anyway, anyone know if this is Cruefest 3, or a regular tour?

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Aw that sucks, but I guess it makes sense having seen Monroe's set at Summer Sonic and Steve being there, I dig Conte's work in any capacity. One of my favorite musicians. Hell of a singer too...

Yeah for sure...I was bummed to hear they were out of the band...especially Conte.

Fucking LOL at this. For YEARS Nikki bashed poison and swore he'd never play with them, but I guess the dollar signs changed his mind....

Yeah, that made me wonder too. He usually sticks to his opinions, wonder what happened here :shrugs: Maybe he didn't have a choice? Like Vince said in his book, he only still go on tour with Mötley cause he is under contract. Maybe Nikki is forced to cause of the contract?

Has Vince's voice gotten any better? It was pretty bad a few years ago.

It's not the best, but I'd say it's better now than around 2005-2006. He did fine both times I've seen him.

Has Vince's voice gotten any better? It was pretty bad a few years ago.

It´s bad yet... very very bad.

Anyway I would go just for Nikki :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: Who wouldn't though? :wub:

Everybody reading this thread knows every single one of you would rock out to Posion if they were the opening act. They'd put on a great show, play some old classic party tunes from their heyday and it would be fun. Drop the act that you're all too cool to enjoy it. It's about as annoying as people constantly saying how bad Bon Jovi sucks when we all know they hop into their car and rock out to Bad Medicine when it comes on the radio. You're not any cooler or any more macho but faking a distain for Posion. Posion would would be fun in concert and anyone who says it wouldn't be is a flat out poseur.

Guest Len B'stard

What a sorry ass fuckin sight. A band parading as the New York Dolls, this fuckin really groovy hardcore band that were a WHOLE lot of things, all except pedestrian, are reduced to fuckin playing with Poison and Motley Crue. The Dolls were edgey, when The Dolls were in town the freaks were in town, the Dolls were like a travelling movement, it's so sad to see them playing with fuckin Poison and Crue.

Goodbye Johnny Thunders ;)