The Rolling Stones vs. Aerosmith

Count Drugcula

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aerosmith...I don't know why but I never got into Stones. I'm 25 so that might explain it. But I've always loved Aerosmith, since 1997 at least :D...And I do like Keith's "solo" records. I guess I just can't stand Jagger's voice.

Guest Len B'stard

The Rolling Stones...because of Mick...and Keith...and Charlie...and Brian Jones...and Ronnie Wood...and Bill Wyman...and Ian Stewart...and Mick Taylor...and Bobby Keys...and Chuck Leavell....and all of em, beautiful bastards, one and all :D

Stones have more great tunes. And more variety. Gotta go with the Stones, no question really.

But Aerosmith have some killer tunes - can't do dirty bluesy hard rock much better than Back in the Saddle, Last Child, Sweet Emotion, etc. And Steven Tyler is still a badass, even on AI.

Edited by KBear

Tyler > Mick Jagger

Keith > Perry

But there is a much larger distance between Tyler and Jagger than there is between Keith and Perry imo, so I'll go with Aerosmith.

Cant stand Jagger. Stones could have been great without him.

Edited by Velvet-Rose

As much as I dislike most of the Rolling Stones material, I can't deny that their greats are truly some of the best rock songs out there.

Aerosmith has some good songs, but nothing in the same league as Gimme Shelter, Sympathy, Paint it Black, Wild Horses, etc. besides maybe Dream On.

Guest Len B'stard

Definitely The Rolling Stones.

Definitely

It's a little like choosing between The Beatles and Oasis.

Not for me. :tongue2:

Beatles...hands down no question not even close no contest

I think Jumpin Jack may have (or maybe not, might be wrong) meant that as it's like choosing between the genuine article and a pale immitation.

Edited by sugaraylen