Exile on Main St vs. The White Album vs. The Wall vs. Physical Graffiti vs. Use Your Illusions

Count Drugcula

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really could not decide between The Wall and Physical Graffiti

Pink Floyd VS Led Zeppelin must be one of the most difficult questions mankind has to offer.

No, it's not! Not for me! Led Zeppelin ofcourse!

I had discussions over this, cause I think there are some bands which are very liked by man and less by woman.

Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Deep Purple are bands like that. I don't know many woman really liking them, but I can be wrong ofcourse.

Edited by MBRose

I really could not decide between The Wall and Physical Graffiti

Pink Floyd VS Led Zeppelin must be one of the most difficult questions mankind has to offer.

I had discussions over this, cause I think there are some bands which are very liked by man and less by woman.

Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Deep Purple are bands like that. I don't know many woman really liking them, but I can be wrong ofcourse.

I love all of those bands. Pink Floyd and GnR are my top two with Dire Straits (and all of Mark Knopfler's stuff) right up there. I saw Deep Purple a couple of times in concert. Awesome. Machine Head, Make in Japan. Child in Time still haunts me every time I hear it. All of them are frequently heard on my iPod.

So now you know a woman who loves them.

For me it's a tie between The Wall and UYI.

Edited by Orsys

Quadrophenia should be on that list.

Added as per your request. That's my (first) ex girlfriend's favorite album in the whole world. Her family is so into The Who their wedding song was "Love Reign O'er Me" and they named their son Keith after Keith Moon. She hates me these days.

I voted Exile.

Although I would probably have London Calling above that. Maybe. No wait, second to that.

Exile

London Calling

The Wall

UYI

Physical Graffiti

The White Album (has the most tracks I skip by far)

That is my order and I am not going to look at it again as I would undoubtedly want to change it all.

I love all of those bands. Pink Floyd and GnR are my top two with Dire Straits (and all of Mark Knopfler's stuff) right up there. I saw Deep Purple a couple of times in concert. Awesome. Machine Head, Make in Japan. Child in Time still haunts me every time I hear it. All of them are frequently heard on my iPod.

So now you know a woman who loves them.

For me it's a tie between The Wall and UYI.

Haha, so I was wrong. :D

Personally, I only like a couple of songs of the mentioned bands.

Quadrophenia is the best concept album of all time, hardest rock, and a storyline that translated into a movie with good reviews, and a play that wasn't a musical with good reviews. The Wall failed at translating itself to a movie, and some of music on there is kind of flat sounding. I think the live version of The Wall was something you had to be there to watch, or get an idea from the bootlegs of how it was, or go to Roger's shows.

Physical Graffiti is a great collection of songs and outtakes from the first 5 albums. Coda was the "scraps", and those were pretty good. If there had been a follow up to In Through the Out Door, it would've been a no frills rock and roll album, but they were starting to lose their fanbase at the end. Plant's hair was cut, his voice was straining to hit notes he hit effortlessly the beginning of the decade. the shows were less extravagant, and Page & Bonham were not well.

But when it comes to double albums or double CDs, there's single CDs that are double vinyl albums. Exile and London Calling are single CDs.

And some debate can be made for Radiohead's Kid A and Amnesiac for being a double album but decided to issue them out as single albums and spread them out.

There's also: Blonde on Blonde, Electric Ladyland, 1999, Sign O The Times, Tago Mago, Bitches Brew, Songs in the Key of Life, All Things Must Pass (although if you want to includ triple albums, would have to include Sandanista and Emancipation), Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Zen Arcade, Layla, 69 Love Songs, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (which would prob. be on Axl's short list), Something/Anything, Mellon Collie, Eat a Peach,The Fragile, The River, Tusk, Trout Mask Replica, Freak Out, Joes Garage, Lather, Sheik Yerbouti, Out of the Blue, Stormcock, Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, Metal Box, Speakerboxxx/Love Below, Ballad of Calico, Louder than Bombs, Aerial, Tommy, Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk, All Eyez on Me, Life After Death, Daydream Nation, Chicago Transit Authority, and most live albums.

Most interesting - Flaming Lips Zaireeka - 4 discs, meant to be played on 4 players at the same time. Something that they should've just issued on DVD audio at some point.

To me, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and Animals were a home run beginning to end. I think the cool thing they did was use their live shows to try new songs out, which led to less time mucking about in the studio. If you've looked back at what they were doing in '72, they prob. had no choice but to work it out on the road, because they had 10 other projects going on that year. But they might have spent 6 weeks in the studio. All that stuff in Live at Pompeii was for the cameras, because they were finished with the record.

The Wall is classic, but to me there's a few songs on there that keep me from thinking it's their best album or a best of all time album.

Guest Len B'stard

gotta be the white album, all day everytime altho Exile is a motherfucker and Quadropenia is a mother and fatherfucker :lol: Other two are shit, The Wall is particularly disgraceful :lol:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice the illusions were on there, they're good, i like them! Can't help but really, i see their shortcomings when i think about em but i can't fault em when i listen to em and thats all that matters anyway, they're rock n roll albums not fuckin science projects.

Edited by sugaraylen

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...