Alice Cooper

wasted

Brutal Planet is a really good CD. The title track, Blow Me A Kiss, and Sanctuary are my favorites. I just got Dragontown a few weeks ago. My favorites on that one are Every Woman Has A Name, I Just Wanna Be God, and It's Much Too Late. Both are very good albums. They both took a couple listens to really get into though.

First got into Alice properly (i.e. knowing more than just the classics) when I saw him on the Dragontown tour although he still did a couple of BP songs there too. Was hugely into the Dragontown album at the time then went back and checked out Brutal Planet too. Clearly he was influenced quite a bit by the downtuned sounds that a lot of bands were using at that time but there still some cracking tunes.

This one was a belter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKN7c90Rduo&fmt=18

This is why I liked Brutal Planet. Sure the greatest hits is great. But just interesting for him to do this and it still works. Wanted to get the double cd of BP and Dragon but couldn't find.

Intro tape to BP live was cool it's Alice doing like an evil dictator voice over as the dark lord of Brutal Planet.

"The sadistic ego maniac, Alice Cooper!" - then the song starts it pretty awesome.

Intro tape to BP live was cool it's Alice doing like an evil dictator voice over as the dark lord of Brutal Planet.

"The sadistic ego maniac, Alice Cooper!" - then the song starts it pretty awesome.

I agree. It is very awesome. He always has such great entrances on his shows.