Guitar Hero Lawsuit permitted - hearing date January 23, 2012

seely

This always boggled my mind. Fact of the matter is Guns N' Roses are still the best and even better without $la$h . They are obsssed because $la$h will never EVER work with a talented artist like Axl EVER again.

Only Axl fans have that opinion...even though NuGnR is a talented collection of musicians I doubt most music fans agree with you. And not all Slash fans want him to work with Axl again...I saw the real GnR back in 1987 and 1988 and could care less if they reunite...It would be great for young fans to see the real thing and what all the arguements are about but for me it would be anticlimactic..

They actually think it's cool to bash Axl.....:rolleyes:

It is not bashing when you are telling the truth...you may not like it and wish to ignore what really happend but you can't change history...The truth hurts, get over it...........

Funny. you mention not changing history and ignoring the facts but your still here on a board that is GNR- a band slash LEFT 15 years ago.

Keeping an eye on Axl fans who try to rewrite history.

If it bothers you to hear the truth you should go to the other forum where only positive posts about Axl are allowed..

I think you would be much happpier

Dude. I ain't going anywhere. Try taking your meds.

Then stop your whining about everyone picking on Axl and man up

Man up? I'm lost now. Have you in some way bested me on the internet? YOu talk about truth and the simple fact is the truth is something you wouldn't be able to see through your blind hatred of anything that gets in the way of your reunion talk.

I never whined about Axl being picked on. The guy does some dumb shit. Point being you are on a message board and have over a thousand posts most of which are negative toward the very band that the message board is about. Thats called delusional. Nice try but you sir are full retard based on any logical person's rationale.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your still here on a board that is GNR- a band slash LEFT 15 years ago.

Nobody complains about the Buckethead posts, ( positive or negative) and hes been out of the band for 7 YEARS.

The NEW GNR plays songs that were written partly by Slash. That makes him relevant to the new band.

Thats why hes brought up, because, there are lawsuits, comments, rants, about Slash in the present time.

You cant take away SLASH's association with GNR away......EVER.

And no I dont want a reunion, unless there was some BIGTIME MAKEUP between all of them.

Otherwise it would just be awkward, sad, and anti-climactic.

This always boggled my mind. Fact of the matter is Guns N' Roses are still the best and even better without $la$h . They are obsssed because $la$h will never EVER work with a talented artist like Axl EVER again.

Only Axl fans have that opinion...even though NuGnR is a talented collection of musicians I doubt most music fans agree with you. And not all Slash fans want him to work with Axl again...I saw the real GnR back in 1987 and 1988 and could care less if they reunite...It would be great for young fans to see the real thing and what all the arguements are about but for me it would be anticlimactic..

It is not bashing when you are telling the truth...you may not like it and wish to ignore what really happend but you can't change history...The truth hurts, get over it...........

Funny. you mention not changing history and ignoring the facts but your still here on a board that is GNR- a band slash LEFT 15 years ago.

Keeping an eye on Axl fans who try to rewrite history.

If it bothers you to hear the truth you should go to the other forum where only positive posts about Axl are allowed..

I think you would be much happpier

That is where you are wrong.

Just because YOU believe 100% about something - does not make it fact. Just because you truly feel that Axl is the main cause of the break-up and Slash is a God who has never did anything wrong does NOT make it the case. It just makes it YOUR opinion.

Fans aren't trying to "rewrite" history. They are giving their opinion - just like you are just giving YOUR opinion.

And people aren't arguing with you because we only want to hear/talk about positive things about Axl. We just get sick of posters like you and moreblack that bash Axl on a daily basis, and bash anybody that says something positive about Axl, and that worships the ground that Slash walks on. (Maybe you don't do all of that, but there is a group of slash fan boys on here that do). They will worship Slash for anything he does...but if somebody says something positive about Axl, they imediately go into the "oh, you are just swinging on Axl's nuts"......meanwhile, Slash puts out an album of farts and burps with Justin Bieber and Moreblack would say it was the greatest album of the last decade. Its that type of poster that annoys me.

And there is a big difference between axl and slash fan boys. The diehard Slash fans bash everything axl does, bash axl fans on a daily basis, and act like Slash has never did anything wrong in his entire life. The typical Axl fan boy will admit all the mistakes Axl has made. THat is the big difference.

I'm 100 times more of an Axl fan than a Slash fan. But I will still post on here how dissapointed I am in Axl's career. How he has probably been a huge prick to work with. He was probably more to blame for the old band's breakup than anybody else (though not 100%, all the other members had a role in it). I hate that he is late for so many shows. I hate that he wont put out more music. I hate the revolving door of musicians in the new band. We should have 10 albums right now that have Axl singing on them.

Bottom line. Slash is not as perfect as you guys think he is. And Axl isn't as evil as you guys think he is.

Nobody complains about the Buckethead posts, ( positive or negative) and hes been out of the band for 7 YEARS.

The NEW GNR plays songs that were written partly by Slash. That makes him relevant to the new band.

Thats why hes brought up, because, there are lawsuits, comments, rants, about Slash in the present time.

And no I dont want a reunion, unless there was some BIGTIME MAKEUP between all of them.

Obviously not reading my posts. I don't want to take away from his contributions. I buy all of Slash's records and generally am a big fan. but the dude blames Axl for leaving the band and thats on him. no debating that really. unless your in some fantasy world.

People can't seem to catch the least bit of subtlety on this "debate".

Buckethead being brought up is more relevant because the album he worked on was released in the last five years and his work is going to be on future recordings. As well Axl has tried to bring the guy back recently.

Playing those old songs in no way makes Slash the subject of anything. I'm sorry it just doesn't. Does it make Axl relevant to velvet revolver because they cover ITS SO EASY and other Guns songs? uh no.

Face it, you (meaning the GNR is not real if Slash isn't currently in the band crowd) look for any reason to keep Slash's name brought up on this forum because you are bitter that Axl won't give you your way.

The argument that classicrawker made about " keeping the Axl apologists in line" or some such reeks of insanity. You guys are really showing us whose boss.

Obviously not reading my posts. I don't want to take away from his contributions. I buy all of Slash's records and generally am a big fan. but the dude blames Axl for leaving the band and thats on him. no debating that really. unless your in some fantasy world.

People can't seem to catch the least bit of subtlety on this "debate".

Buckethead being brought up is more relevant because the album he worked on was released in the last five years and his work is going to be on future recordings. As well Axl has tried to bring the guy back recently.

Playing those old songs in no way makes Slash the subject of anything. I'm sorry it just doesn't. Does it make Axl relevant to velvet revolver because they cover ITS SO EASY and other Guns songs? uh no.

Face it, you (meaning the GNR is not real if Slash isn't currently in the band crowd) look for any reason to keep Slash's name brought up on this forum because you are bitter that Axl won't give you your way.

The argument that classicrawker made about " keeping the Axl apologists in line" or some such reeks of insanity. You guys are really showing us whose boss.

Okay,this topic in no way involves slash, it involves standing up and refusing to be abused and used by mega monopolies,and corporate cuntageous collaborations, they were in default of a conditional agreement,if the case were frivolous it would have been thrown out,and not allowed.

Edited by Trilogy

The hilarious thing (well, more like the pathetic thing) about all this hatred of Axl by the Slash fan boys? In your world, Axl is the worst person that ever lived in the world and you blame him for ruining the old band.

I think you are pathetic. No one ever said that Axl is the worst person in the world. Do you have citations or quotes to back this up? If you are trying to encapsulate the environment of the Discussion and News section you are being extremely exaggerating in your description. I'll agree with people blaming him with ruining the old band. I actually agree with that. I'll also blame him for ruining the Bucket/Finck line up. I'll even blame him for ruining what's left of the band now. You can call that bashing all you want. I think it's a valid criticism of reality.

BUT your beloved Slash has put out 5 albums without Axl. He is in a performing band without Axl. He just put out a solo album without Axl. He just played in the super bowl. YET all you guys can do is hang out at a band's forum that Slash isn't part of.....and talk about Axl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of the people criticizing Axl aren't Slash fans, they're Buckethead fans too. Some Buckethead fans are very critical of Axl. I think your keyboard is stuck by the way. You posted the exclamation point 10 times in a row.

Slash hasn't been in GnR in over a decade......yet you people are so obssessed with Axl that you can't stay away from here!!!!!!!

So only Axl fans are allowed here? Are you saying that Slash fans shouldn't be allowed here at all?

Why don't you spend all your time in the VR section? Why don't you spend your time in a forum for a band that you love?

This is a Guns N' Roses forum. Not an Axl Rose forum. Slash is referenced in the Black Frog lawsuit against Activision. Azoff tried to orchestrate a reunion and now Axl is suing him. It's not as if Velvet Revolver posts are being put into the main section. Slash is a naturally occurring topic and gets brought up in the main section.

Bash Axl all you want. Bottom like is you are STILL HERE talking about him!!!!!! So keep bashing him, keep blaming Axl for everything, keep praising everything Slash does......but at the end of the day, you cannot stay away from your Axl obssession.

I'd like to see some actual quotes you generalize as "bashing". A lot of what people say happens to be valid criticisms. You seem to be speaking rhetorically rather than addressing the comments individuals make. Your arguments are longwinded, empty, and generalizing.

The hilarious thing (well, more like the pathetic thing) about all this hatred of Axl by the Slash fan boys? In your world, Axl is the worst person that ever lived in the world and you blame him for ruining the old band. BUT your beloved Slash has put out 5 albums without Axl. He is in a performing band without Axl. He just put out a solo album without Axl. He just played in the super bowl. YET all you guys can do is hang out at a band's forum that Slash isn't part of.....and talk about Axl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slash hasn't been in GnR in over a decade......yet you people are so obssessed with Axl that you can't stay away from here!!!!!!!

Why don't you spend all your time in the VR section? Why don't you spend your time in a forum for a band that you love?

Bash Axl all you want. Bottom like is you are STILL HERE talking about him!!!!!! So keep bashing him, keep blaming Axl for everything, keep praising everything Slash does......but at the end of the day, you cannot stay away from your Axl obssession.

And Axl will never work with a talented artist like Slash again. How many guitarplayers did Axl have hired and fired since Slash's departure to replace him?

How many "vocalists" has slash worked with since leaving GNR? He seems to have problems with vocalists,and also visited Axl's house at 5:30 something in the morning to bitch about a band he was currently a member of,recall "Mr.Fraud,Mr.Spineless and Mr.I hate Matt?"

What does that reveal about character or lack of?

The hilarious thing (well, more like the pathetic thing) about all this hatred of Axl by the Slash fan boys? In your world, Axl is the worst person that ever lived in the world and you blame him for ruining the old band. BUT your beloved Slash has put out 5 albums without Axl. He is in a performing band without Axl. He just put out a solo album without Axl. He just played in the super bowl. YET all you guys can do is hang out at a band's forum that Slash isn't part of.....and talk about Axl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Axl will never work with a talented artist like Slash again. How many guitarplayers did Axl have hired and fired since Slash's departure to replace him?

I kind of agree with this to some extent. Guns N' Roses had guitarists like Slash and Buckethead it needed more than the guitarists needed Guns N' Roses career-wise. I kind of feel like it is the other way around now especially considering Joe Satriani turned it down, and he had been a replacement in Deep Purple.

I kind of agree with this to some extent. Guns N' Roses had guitarists like Slash and Buckethead it needed more than the guitarists needed Guns N' Roses career-wise. I kind of feel like it is the other way around now especially considering Joe Satriani turned it down, and he had been a replacement in Deep Purple.

He was also in Frank Zappa's band for awhile,now he does his own thing in between G3 tours,when Satriani isn't busy with chickenfoot,no bad reflection on GNR whatsoever,no matter how hard you try to imply such notions,Activision breeched a conditional contract/agreement,and it is not a frivolous case,what I wonder is what slash hoped to accomplish by doing this,knowing the circumstances,I can only surmise it is his co-dependance on being in the spotlight,regardless of how low he sinks,or how much respect he loses.

Trilogy:

slash has the respect of fans around the world AND in the US.

He's in the spotlight and does interviews because he's constantly working with so many different artists of different types.

IDE say he's got more respect than ever and he's clean.

IDE say he's doing pretty bad ass with his music and soon to be movie venture.

IDE say he has an awesome family.

IDE say he just put out a widely accepted , succesful record.

He could care less that YOU and a couple other bash him constantly, directly quoting Axls words rather than coming up with your own opinions based on any kind of fact.

O and a Thread about axl suing activision bc of Slash is Definately about Slash.

He was also in Frank Zappa's band for awhile,now he does his own thing in between G3 tours,when Satriani isn't busy with chickenfoot,no bad reflection on GNR whatsoever,no matter how hard you try to imply such notions,Activision breeched a conditional contract/agreement,and it is not a frivolous case,what I wonder is what slash hoped to accomplish by doing this,knowing the circumstances,I can only surmise it is his co-dependance on being in the spotlight,regardless of how low he sinks,or how much respect he loses.

Steve Vai was in Frank Zappa's band, not Satriani. He does his own thing in between G3 tours ? O Rly? What's a G3 tour? Please educate me. Did you just google all this info before you posted?

I'm starting to wonder if all your hate posts on Slash are really about Dj. I mean, you sound confused.

Steve Vai was in Frank Zappa's band, not Satriani. He does his own thing in between G3 tours ? O Rly? What's a G3 tour? Please educate me. Did you just google all this info before you posted?

I'm starting to wonder if all your hate posts on Slash are really about Dj. I mean, you sound confused.

Nope, that is you being confused or unable to understand and comprehend properly,The G3 tours basically consist of Satriani,Vai,and the third guitarist varies,it has included Malmsteen,and Eric Johnson,also Petrucchi,I own the G3 DVD's,it's a huge jam session with very talented musicians,I like Ashba one hell of a lot more than I like you,I think he is a great asset to GNR,and I'm happy he is around! Hurts to be wrong doesn't it ?

You either are not reading my posts or have a reading comprehension problem mate as I never said I was " keeping the Axl apologists in line". All I said is when you and the others try to rewrite history I will comment with the facts of what went down which have been commented on by multiple former band members and hangers on. You are entitled to your opinion but at least back it up with some facts instead of repeating Axl's rants.

I also never said it was all Axl's fault but based on the comments of all the ex band members and others who tried to work with Axl over the years and either got fired, quit or had to sue him to get paid, no one is supporting his view of the "truth" except him. It may not be all Axl's fault for the old band breaking up he made near impossible to work with him as the facts do not add up in his favour.

Point being you are on a message board and have over a thousand posts most of which are negative toward the very band that the message board is about. Thats called delusional. Nice try but you sir are full retard based on any logical person's rationale.

No actually most of my 1000+ posts are not negative towards NuGnR so you obviously have not followed my posting very closely. I never jump into a thread to just bash Axl and usually don't comment unless an Axl supporter starts bashing Slash and revising history. I also deal in facts mate. Go read my posts and I challenge you to dispute the versions of events that happened with facts not your opinion. I base my posts on what the exbandmembers have said in interviews so unless they are all lying and Axl is the only one telling the truth I will take the word of the many over the word of the one.

And as far as your insults it is typical of a person who can't defend his position and has to resort to name calling as a smoke screen. Come back when you can produce some facts to support your opinions....

And on topic if Activision did agree to not use Slash's image with a GnR song then Axl has the right to sue and should be compensated even if on the surface the suit seems rather petty against Slash....

You base your opinions on what other band members have said? that does not make it fact. That would mean that Marc Canter comes here regularly to lie to us. He has supported Axl's version of events far more than Slash's.

How about all the musicians that say its a great pleasure to work with axl? I guess we can throw all of them out because it doesn't fit your case and before you say well they are employees that argument works two ways. The same motivation many have for kissing Axl's ass is the same motivation that certain ex band members have for talking shit.

Sorum, Slash, and Duff-- the three who have talked the most shit in the past-- have said before they'd work with him again so not sure what the point of all this bickering is about.

I agree with your last sentence. However, Axl isn't trying to sue slash over it. He's mad that the company at least from the looks of it pulled a fast one on him.

How many "vocalists" has slash worked with since leaving GNR? He seems to have problems with vocalists,and also visited Axl's house at 5:30 something in the morning to bitch about a band he was currently a member of,recall "Mr.Fraud,Mr.Spineless and Mr.I hate Matt?"

+1

Because every vocalist that did a session on the new album came out of it going "man, what an a$$hole!" "I'm never working with him again, and certainly not going on tour with him! or hopping up onstage when he's in my town!"

+1

Because every vocalist that did a session on the new album came out of it going "man, what an a$$hole!" "I'm never working with him again, and certainly not going on tour with him! or hopping up onstage when he's in my town!"

Ok we get it moreblack $la$h can do no wrong and is a freakin' god. Maybe we should have a religion to praise his ass? Talking shit about his former front man (Axl) and band members (VR) is great!!!!

Also i want to add he is perfect in every way. Selling out and butchering GNR classics is extremely acceptable AND also encouraged.

Bravo!!!!!

If you hate slash so much then shut the fuck up and stop talking about him. All it does is create more useless and ignorant arguments that will go nowhere.

You base your opinions on what other band members have said? that does not make it fact. That would mean that Marc Canter comes here regularly to lie to us. He has supported Axl's version of events far more than Slash's.

Well when all the other ex members of the band quit, not counting Steven, for similar reasons and say the same things about Axl yes I am going to believe what they say over Axl's version of what happened. If it was only Slash who had quit then I would agree you have an argument but when all the ex members say the same shit about Axl do you think they are all lying or it is some giant conspiracy where they got together and agreed on the same story? Come on man you seem to be smarter than that.

Regarding Marc Canter all I remember him saying is in his opinion if Axl tells you something it will be the truth, his version of the truth as he percieves it, and that some of the stuff in Slash's book about Axl was inaccurate which is part of Axl's beef with Slash. He did not say what stuff was inaccurate just that some stuff was inaccurrate and he tried to get Slash to set it straight and he wouldn't..Marc was asked what the real story was about how Axl got the rights to the GnR name on this very forum and he admitted the first he heard of it was from Slash's book and had no idea how it happened so he is not privy to all the shit the band went through as he was not there so he heard most of the details second hand from the principals...So while I appreciate it when he shares details with us I will take the word of the people who actually lived the events, exbandmembers, and other people who had to deal with Axl and were there over Axl's version. The story of many over the one....

How about all the musicians that say its a great pleasure to work with axl? I guess we can throw all of them out because it doesn't fit your case and before you say well they are employees that argument works two ways. The same motivation many have for kissing Axl's ass is the same motivation that certain ex band members have for talking shit

Although some of you may think I beleive it I never said Axl was the antichrist and I am sure there are people who worked with him who he got along with but all his ex bandmates and many who did work with and for him had negative things to say about the expereince and some had to sue him to get paid. Duff, Izzy, Slash were originally Axl's equal partners. Axl made life miserable for them and they finally quit. Axl made a successful power play to gain control of the band and tried to make them his employees. They all say basically the same thing so unless you beleive it is a conspiracy how can you even argue that Axl wa the main reason the band split? I am not saying the only reason but all the shit he did certainly does not show he wanted to be in a partnership with his old band members. He did not want an equal partnership anymore he wanted to run things and the other got fed up and finally quit..

Sorum, Slash, and Duff-- the three who have talked the most shit in the past-- have said before they'd work with him again so not sure what the point of all this bickering is about.

You make it sound like they are waiting by the phone for Axl to change his mind and call. I don't know about Duff and Matt but Slash has stated numerous times in interviews he would not consider a reunion unless he and Axl sorted out the issues they have together including Axl treating the others like equals and going on stage on time to name a few....Since we all know Axl will never agree to address any of Slash concerns, and nor should he have to at this point as he does need Slash to make music or money, a reunion will never happen..

Fair enough man. You think your way, I'll think mine. Not worth taking all this time arguing about it.

Sorry for saying you had gone full retard. Have a good one.

+1

Ok we get it moreblack $la$h can do no wrong and is a freakin' god. Maybe we should have a religion to praise his ass? Talking shit about his former front man (Axl) and band members (VR) is great!!!!

Also i want to add he is perfect in every way. Selling out and butchering GNR classics is extremely acceptable AND also encouraged.

Bravo!!!!!

If you hate slash so much then shut the fuck up and stop talking about him. All it does is create more useless and ignorant arguments that will go nowhere.

Fine, on one condition I dont see any reference to him whatsoever in the GNR News & Discussion section...EVER.

I wouldnt get your hopes up on that one.........

i hope activision wins this one

activision gave us call of duty 4... that game is definitely more entertaining than fakegnr

activision in general gave me more entertaining moments than axl and his friend bubblebutt

that's why i want activision to win

Edited by Coltrane