Listamania

ITW 2012

Guest Len B'stard

1) Am I Black Enough for Ya - Schoolly D

2) Treat Em Like A Prostitute - Slick Rick

3) South Bronx - Boogie Down Productions

4) Ain't No Half Steppin - Big Daddy Kane

5) Paid in Full - Eric B & Rakim

Hey Randy, wanna hear MC Eiht get ripped a new one? Honestly one of the best diss tracks in existence...the bit about the potential jacking in a Camry is apparently true too..

Edited by sugaraylen

1) How Do You Want It - 2Pac

2) Straight Up Menace - MC Eiht

3) Nuthin' But A "G" Thang - Dr Dre

4) Gin And Juice - Snoop Dogg

5) Regulate - Warren G ft. Nate Dogg

I can't pick a top 5 right now but your list is pretty amazing. Westcoast 4 life! :lol:

I could have gone for a bit more obscure tunes, but those songs make for a slammin' West Coast Party.

Edited by ITW 2012

Man, you put Tyler the Creator on the list already? And at number one???

In no particular order for me:

1. Outkast - Da Art of Storytellin' Pt. 1 (Early Outkast is so solid, I could name 5 Outkast songs from the 90s alone on this list)

2. Biggie - Everyday Struggle

3. Jadakiss - All For The Love

4. Raekwon - The Table

5. Ghostface Killah - Pokerface

This is just at the moment for me, changes all the time, I can't have a definite top 5. Big L is solid too, Pac, etc etc. These are just off the top.

Edited by Forsaken

1. Outkast - Da Art of Storytellin' Pt. 1 (Early Outkast is so solid, I could name 5 Outkast songs from the 90s alone on this list)

4. Raekwon - The Table

This is just at the moment for me, changes all the time, I can't have a definite top 5. Big L is solid too, Pac, etc etc. These are just off the top.

i agree. it changes so much.

just looking at your list made me think of machine gun funk and one more chance. two songs i think are brilliant and stand up against any other song; and i agree with you on early outkast; personally i think southernplaylistic and atliens are their best.

Probably the 'smoothest' song ever...

"Lyrically I'm supposed to represent,I'm not only the client, I'm the player president.."

Seriously tell me a smoother line than that..

Edited by SunnyDRE

4. Raekwon - The Table

i agree. it changes so much.

just looking at your list made me think of machine gun funk and one more chance. two songs i think are brilliant and stand up against any other song; and i agree with you on early outkast; personally i think southernplaylistic and atliens are their best.

Probably the 'smoothest' song ever...

"Lyrically I'm supposed to represent,I'm not only the client, I'm the player president.."

Seriously tell me a smoother line than that..

pretty much. i almost put machine gun funk on the list instead of everyday struggle. to me, biggie > pac. just my personal taste... i like biggies flow better. pac had a different flow. poet type shit. not putting anything past pac though, he's still one of the greatest all time, i just dig biggies style more.

Guest Len B'stard

Biggie is amazing, one of the best without a doubt but like Big L i think he really suffered from his second album. He's still the fuckin man lyrically on it but its just lost all of the fuckin grimeyness and hardcore type element of the early album for all that soft playa shit. Life After Death ain't a patch on Ready to Die just the like Big L's second album ain't a patch on Lifestyles Uv Da Poor and Dangerous.

Good topic!!! :thumbsup:

1 Ice Cube "Today Was A Good Day"

2. Dr. Dre " Nuthin But A G Thang"

3. Snoop Dogg " Gin and Juice"

4. WestSide Connection " Gangsta Nation"

5. 2 Pac "California Love"

Probaly soooooo many others I could name, these just came to mind.

Edited by batman007

Good topic!!! :thumbsup:

4. WestSide Connection " Gangsta Nation"

Probaly soooooo many others I could name, these just came to mind.

this use to by my tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbviP8i8WPw&player_feature=embed

4) Lil Troy - Wanna be a Baller

entire album is underrated.

Biggie is amazing, one of the best without a doubt but like Big L i think he really suffered from his second album. He's still the fuckin man lyrically on it but its just lost all of the fuckin grimeyness and hardcore type element of the early album for all that soft playa shit. Life After Death ain't a patch on Ready to Die just the like Big L's second album ain't a patch on Lifestyles Uv Da Poor and Dangerous.

to be fair, wasn't big l's follow up put together after he died? i kinda give him a free pass. you can tell on certain songs that the lyrics were added to the beats, after he had already passed.