Why wont Axl play songs from UYL

fergus

Why wont Axl play allot of UYI material? If it is because it brings him bad memories you would think sweet child and November Rain would bring back allot of old memories to him as also...

It's Because you touch yourself at night.

Edited by iftheworld

Sure Axl would rather have songs from CD than non-hits from UYI.

But i just think it's simply stupid not to play songs from UIY.

Let's face it: they play 4 or 5 songs from a Double Album wich has 15 songs, respectively.

I'd rather hear The Gaden or Dead Horse instead of a You Could be Mine or Live N Let Die.

The problem is, as /Ali evaluated above, there is no "UIY Album" :rolleyes:

People bring up Coma way too much. The old band played it what....a few times? and they were touring constantly for years and had already written the song and thus knew it.

Hell even when Axl was at his fittest at one show when Duff started playing it he said "you can play it if you can sing it..."

Not to mention they would have to cut potentially two other songs just to fit a song in that neither the band nor much of the crowd would likely gain much enjoyment from.

You have to be rational about it...

People say there are thirty songs or so....

Take out the five or so they already play, that is 25.

Take out the Duff and Izzy songs, 14 Years, So Fine, Dust N Bones....

Take out the ones the old band never even played, Dont Damn Me, Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, My World...

Take out the ones that the old band hardly ever played and/or also just mentally long and would require major setlist adjustment, Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown, Garden Of Eden, Dont Cry alt...

Even You Ain't The First, The Garden and a few others were only really played a few times when the setlist was geared a certain way.

Civil War and Estranged are both long and likely difficult but are probably the main fan requests so potentially a major exception may be made eventually I guess...

People get too caught up with what albums songs are from I think. A song is a song is a song.

Not to second guess the band or Axl too much, but why would he suddenly bust out Right Next Door To Hell when he could play Scraped or something more relevant to him now? It is not as if old curios would get much of a major reaction by many except the hardcore online fans - who similarly get excited if they play TWAT or one of the CD songs they tend not to play.

Yes it would be nice but the people who expect random changes day in day out are a bit deluded to my mind (not to say everyone who requests certain songs is deluded - there are certain songs I would love to hear the band play but I do not expect them to open with Coma and go straight into Bring It On Down before playing It Tastes Good Don't It then the new album front to back)

People bring up Coma way too much. The old band played it what....a few times? and they were touring constantly for years and had already written the song and thus knew it.

Civil War and Estranged are both long and likely difficult but are probably the main fan requests so potentially a major exception may be made eventually I guess...

i would love to see DJ Ashba TRY and play Estranged :rofl-lol:

Why not play some "TSI"? too, I would trade in Brownstone anyday just to hear them do Ain't it Fun or Since I Don't Have You. Hell doing Oh My God or Sympathy would be kickass too.

They've done Down on the Farm a few times, but if they do that they risk getting "too many covers" complaints.

Why not play some "TSI"? too, I would trade in Brownstone anyday just to hear them do Ain't it Fun or Since I Don't Have You. Hell doing Oh My God or Sympathy would be kickass too.

They've done Down on the Farm a few times, but if they do that they risk getting "too many covers" complaints.

Yea true. I know it's popular, but I would take any of those covers over KOHD anyday. I've never really liked the song, and I just don't see the big appeal.

You Could Be Mine.

November Rain.

Live and Let Die.

Knocking on Heaven's Door.

And sometimes Don't Cry.

That's five songs - not bad.

Tho I wouldn't mind hearing Yesterdays and Civil War live on the next tour.

and 2 of them are covers loads of great songs not played anymore of UYI ;( thing is Axl NEEDS Slash to play them right :)

Stupidest post of the year.

That is so subjective,

We'd have to narrow it down to several nominees, and put it to a vote.

Not only that, there's still over half the year to go, there could be all sorts of stupid posts between now and then.

Such proclamations ought be sav'd for near end or year...

thing is Axl NEEDS Slash to play them right :)

Stupidest post of the year.

seconded, that infection was gone over a decade ago, either Ron,

DJ,or Richard can more than fill his diseased shoes quite nicely,

and top anything he plays nowdays, no reunion! isn't that clear by now? Do you know what year it is?