The MyGnR Simpsons Thread

Death Star

• 7 months later...

Because of the forum changes and the new section about entertainment has prompted me the courage to make a Simpsons thread and have it stand alone from Television shows.

I was searching however and found this open thread, and thought to myself.

'Wow, cool title, I am a Simpsons geek.'

This; contains one of the funniest recent Homer jokes.

Cave Homer being Renaissance Homer and that Pope Homer too!

"In the name of Jebus."

It's this

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably one of the best TV shows ever created and about the only time i have seen American comedy be funny outside of certain films and stand up, American television comedy I should say. American TV in general is a load of shite really.

Edited by Lennie Godber

Probably one of the best TV shows ever created and about the only time i have seen American comedy be funny outside of certain films and stand up, American television comedy I should say. American TV in general is a load of shite really.

Do yourself and the legacy of the Simpsons a favor and don't watch after season 13.

Well that was an unexpected death. They should have done a bigger character than that guy, like McBain or Principal Seymour Skinner.

I figured it would be Krusty's dad or Mel. I figured it'd be the rabbi though, he's big enough to affect one of the characters, but not big enough to mess with any future plotlines.

The crossover episode was pretty good, too. But I don't get all of these reviews saying it "brought the best out of both shows." I didn't see that at all. It seemed to me that the episode was mainly written by the FG writing staff, honestly. That made it seem more like a "Family Guy with some characters similar to The Simpsons in looks and personality" episode. Even The Simpsons' personalities were off at some points, or belonged to their incarnations from twenty years ago. Still enjoyable for what it was though.

As much hype both episodes got, I felt they were lacking a lot. To me the FG thing was just as you stated, a FG episode with the Simpsons characters "just there". Though I did enjoy Bart's prank call to Moe's. How does Bart come up with those names? I find Moe's responses equally as funny when he finds out it is just a prank call. With the age of "Mapple" "myPads", "myPhones", in the Simpsons universe, it won't be too long before Moe discovers it's Bart pranking him. Now that is going to be funny.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...