Has the mucic legal/industry/politics beaten Axl

billie

Can he keep touring a 2008 album?, an album in which most of the music was concieved in the 90's, and not having people believe that it is a "cash grab" tour

In three years since the release of the album , there has been no indication of a follow up album

All it takes is a simple tweet from Axl... " Hey hope to have a new song out end of 2011 or beginning of 2012"

Does anyone think that Axl has just understandblily just got fed up with the music business, what with all the legal turmoil and legal shit he has had to put up....that he will foever be bitter with the creative proccess and just tour and make music to to cover legal bills and his lifestyle expenses

Is his creative fire gone?

Edited by billie

I remember i think in2008 after the album was released, that he insinuated that a new album might be released same time nex year... he obviously has enough material to release a new album , but is reluctant to relase any new music ..

Edited by billie

I don't know anything about his legal bills or expenses. But he must not have problems covering his legal bills because he makes 90 % percent them himself.

As far as touring I cannot see why someone would call it a cash grab. He made the music weather it be old or nr gnr. He has a right to tour with it.

Axl does what he wants to do. He is more than capable of making new music the question is does he want to?

I remember i tiihnk in2008 after the album was released, that he said he insinuated that a new album might be released same time nex year... he obviously has enough material to release a new album , but is reluctant to relase any new music ..

Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean he's reluctant to. We don't know what obstacles can get in the way, or what goes on behind the scenes.

But, there are a least three albums worth of material out there according to many sourcess within and without gun n roses...

Are people okay with just a happy holidays updates form axl? and more chi9eese democaracy tours?... three years on from the last album...

Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean he's reluctant to. We don't know what obstacles can get in the way, or what goes on behind the scenes.

except many many other artists put out music regularly. And that's complete with composing all new stuff. In this case it's all already written.

If he wanted it out, it would be out.

I think you're asking two different questions.

1 Is he still creative - yes.

2 Has the nonsense of the business beaten him - could be. Just means his creativity doesn't move past the studio. We lose.

The nonsense of the business would have beaten me down long ago.

Can he keep touring a 2008 album?, an album in which most of the music was concieved in the 90's, and not having people believe that it is a "cash grab" tour

In three years since the release of the album , there has been no indication of a follow up album

All it takes is a simple tweet from Axl... " Hey hope to have a new song out end of 2011 or beginning of 2012"

Does anyone think that Axl has just understandblily just got fed up with the music business, what with all the legal turmoil and legal shit he has had to put up....that he will foever be bitter with the creative proccess and just tour and make music to to cover legal bills and his lifestyle expenses

Is his creative fire gone?

I think he's touring on 1987 and 1991 albums. The setlists weren't all that much CD so I don't see how he was really touring under CD to begin with. I think he brought it all on himself to be honest. As far as why he hasn't released more music, I have no idea. I think he's waiting for something.

No billie, no indication of this conclusion you have come to,GNR does things in its own way,and being media darlings aren't in their agenda,sure there are the legal difficulties that the public is well aware of,and most likely more than have been made public,but sometimes tenacity and pure fucking stubborness,doing thing in your own way,in your own time,is integral and necessary,I admire this stance,to not buckle and cave when the going gets rough,It is also one of the reasons I have held GNR in such high esteem for so many years,and,will continue to do so.

He needs do an about-face away from the styles of Chinese Democracy. I think he needs a new inspiration and embark on a new musical journey. He could start by hating Buckethead and calling him a cancer and then write songs about his betrayal by Azoff and Activision. I estimate that the new concept album should take 15 years roughly to complete.

He has just made it very hard for the industry to take him serious.

He has largely always been a headache to deal with, but the industry is much more forgiving of or amenable to dealing with the crazy when you're the biggest band in the world like they were in the early 90's.

Now though most likely he is viewed as being not worth the associated hassle of dealing with because there isn't near the upside in dealing with him there used to be to justify associated aggravation he often brings.

Will mygnrforum.com fans keeps paying to see "chinese democracy tours" ... indefinitely...until ....(Axl gets to pay his ever lofting legal and other billls, lawyers, or his excentric , self indulgent lifesytle costs ) ...

Mabey Axls tired of the process of writing and releasing. So instead of following up CD with a new disc the next two years after( like he stated), he decided to realease them say 4 or 5 years apart( so he doesn't have to go through his drawn out processes). So we will get the records, just not as he initialy planned.

Will mygnrforum.com fans keeps paying to see "chinese democracy tours" ... indefinitely...until ....(Axl gets to pay his ever lofting legal and other billls, lawyers, or his excentric , self indulgent lifesytle costs ) ...

eijk05.jpg

He needs do an about-face away from the styles of Chinese Democracy. I think he needs a new inspiration and embark on a new musical journey. He could start by hating Buckethead and calling him a cancer and then write songs about his betrayal by Azoff and Activision. I estimate that the new concept album should take 15 years roughly to complete.

how would you possibly know what needs to be done,are you I'm the music industry,or informed in any conceivable way, my guess is no to both inquiries,

Have you been taking imbecile lessons from someone like BBA? Sounds to me you are here to provoke,not to have a civilized conversatmion or get updates on GNR

Im 50/50 , but dont think Axl has his creditibly. He has just made it very hard for the industry to take him serious.

Yet they take Britney and the Biebster seriously. To me it's that they see $ signs with the GNR reunion they don't see with a new record. That's a roadblock that just never goes away. But now I see CD has sold more, so they may be thinking this isn't so bad but can they ever let go of that reunion pay day. I doubt it.

I don't think you want an answer,I won't acknowledge that by attempting to answer,inflammatory bait is not needed nor wanted v

how would you possibly know what needs to be done,are you I'm the music industry,or informed in any conceivable way, my guess is no to both inquiries,

Have you been taking imbecile lessons from someone like BBA? Sounds to me you are here to provoke,not to have a civilized conversatmion or get updates on GNR

wut