Ever meet a person you look up to but they end up being a total asshole?

WhazUp

This happened to me quite a few years ago with Vince Neil - he just flat out ignored me and the people I was with

Anyone have experiences where the person you respect ends up being a prick?

Edited by WhazUp

I remember a time when Stone Cold Steve Austin and Stacy Keibler were doing an autograph session. Steve Austin was great! I dont look up or admire Stacy in anyway, but she was being a fn bitch! She would not look up and greet nor handshake anyone. She would just sign her photo and thats it. So Ms. Longlegs, :fuckyou:

Edited by batman007

I've definitely been very fortunate with all the folk I've met who I've admired, In Flames? They were my heroes before I met them and getting to talk to them just cemented them even more in my head as truly awesome, they were all really appreciative, chatty and genuinely made you feel wanted and welcome. I'll never forget getting a hug off Anders Friden after he said "I saw you down the front man, singing every word!" Coheed and Cambria? Again... lovely guys, were only too glad to stop and chat, really made the evening worthwhile. DJ Ashba? seemed a little spaced out when I talked to him but was still very upbeat and cool. Ron Thal's the fucking MAN when you meet him though, he did everything he could to be as awesome as possible and meeting him was just like meeting up with an old friend.

Only person I ever found awkward meeting was Donnie Munro who used to sing in Runrig, he sang lead vocals on my favourite album ever, and I found it really difficult to articulate just how much I appreciated what he did, don't think I did a very good job... I don't think he would expect such high praise from someone my age.

I've definitely been very fortunate with all the folk I've met who I've admired, In Flames? They were my heroes before I met them and getting to talk to them just cemented them even more in my head as truly awesome, they were all really appreciative, chatty and genuinely made you feel wanted and welcome. I'll never forget getting a hug off Anders Friden after he said "I saw you down the front man, singing every word!"

That's awesome!

Me and my girlfriend are driving down to Auburn for Mayhem fest this year, I think if anyone on here would know, it'd be you - what would you say the chances are In Flames would do a signing session or something? They're one of the main reasons we're going (Actually, I'm only going for them and Godsmack, girlfriend's going for them, Godsmack and Disturbed), so it would definitely be cool if we could get signatures and maybe a photo... They're on the main stage, but aren't one of the headliners...

I've definitely been very fortunate with all the folk I've met who I've admired, In Flames? They were my heroes before I met them and getting to talk to them just cemented them even more in my head as truly awesome, they were all really appreciative, chatty and genuinely made you feel wanted and welcome. I'll never forget getting a hug off Anders Friden after he said "I saw you down the front man, singing every word!" Coheed and Cambria? Again... lovely guys, were only too glad to stop and chat, really made the evening worthwhile. DJ Ashba? seemed a little spaced out when I talked to him but was still very upbeat and cool. Ron Thal's the fucking MAN when you meet him though, he did everything he could to be as awesome as possible and meeting him was just like meeting up with an old friend.

Only person I ever found awkward meeting was Donnie Munro who used to sing in Runrig, he sang lead vocals on my favourite album ever, and I found it really difficult to articulate just how much I appreciated what he did, don't think I did a very good job... I don't think he would expect such high praise from someone my age.

That's really cool man. Always get the impression Ron would be the coolest guy to hang out with from Guns along with Steven and Izzy. Seems like a really nice down to earth guy.

I've definitely been very fortunate with all the folk I've met who I've admired, In Flames? They were my heroes before I met them and getting to talk to them just cemented them even more in my head as truly awesome, they were all really appreciative, chatty and genuinely made you feel wanted and welcome. I'll never forget getting a hug off Anders Friden after he said "I saw you down the front man, singing every word!"

That's awesome!

Me and my girlfriend are driving down to Auburn for Mayhem fest this year, I think if anyone on here would know, it'd be you - what would you say the chances are In Flames would do a signing session or something? They're one of the main reasons we're going (Actually, I'm only going for them and Godsmack, girlfriend's going for them, Godsmack and Disturbed), so it would definitely be cool if we could get signatures and maybe a photo... They're on the main stage, but aren't one of the headliners...

They're certainly very good at that sort of thing (I hung out with them after their show in Glasgow but met them at a signing before) keep your eyes peeled for advertisements about a signing tent and I really hope you get to meet them, cause every fan should get that opportunity. Also they're fantastic live :).

Wewantizzy: He is actually an incredibly cool dude to hang out with, I'll always remember the moment he walked into the room, walked over and started talking to some people he knew and I stood up and he caught sight of me out of the corner of his eye and then ran across the room to give me a big hug saying "Hey! How the fuck are you?!" he even offered to get me passes to the next show as well, unfortunately Uni work fucked shit up... but goddamn what a good man!

This happened to me quite a few years ago with Vince Neil - he just flat out ignored me and the people I was with

.... And why was he supposed to "pay you attention"?

some times people have bad days and don't want to be bothered

I know someone that met Vince Neil and he said he was one of the nicest celebs he's ever met

Doc Kupka, bari sax player in Tower Of Power. Not so much "total asshole", more of a "grumpy old man". While the other 9 guys in the band are all very social after shows and will stick around talking to people forever, Doc just won't. If we happen to catch him by chance, he's more than happy to sign anything and take a picture, but that's about it. Any question I've ever asked him more or less got a one word answer, and that was that.

true story

i met professional wrestler Axl Rotten at a spice girls concert in the late 1990s. He was with his girlfriend and she made him go. Nice guy and got his autograph on the spice girls ticket stub. i have it somewhere. lol i like him

true story

i met professional wrestler Axl Rotten at a spice girls concert in the late 1990s. He was with his girlfriend and she made him go. Nice guy and got his autograph on the spice girls ticket stub. i have it somewhere. lol i like him

EC FN' W!!!

That's awesome!

Try to line it up through their website. They charge for their fanclub, but it it means getting what you want, small price to pay. But odds of direct access to the band is better that way than trying to look through a fence and get their attention, or hope they're going to be signing things at the swag tent. Festival shows - usually once a band is done, most of them are on the bus right after, to get to the next show if it's the next day. They might stay and see the headliners, but if the tour manager has the list of fan club members, as long as no one screwed it up, will tell you the time and place to meet and who the point of contact is. If it was a club venue or even an arena, you might be able to meet them, but a festival show would be pretty tough.

Never happened to me.

I met Stone Gossard and Mike McCready once, Stone seemed kinda tired but was all smiles for a picture. Afterwards we met Mike and he was just awesome, had a 15minutes talk with him outside a hotel, really down to earth and humble, asking questions about us and our trip to Berlin, etc... Class guy! After that we saw him down the street waiting in line at a Starbucks.

true story

That's hilarious and awesome!

That's really cool man. Always get the impression Ron would be the coolest guy to hang out with from Guns along with Steven and Izzy. Seems like a really nice down to earth guy.

Izzy would barely acknowledge you, say a word, two if he's in a particularly good mood, and disappear when you're not looking.

Izzy would barely acknowledge you, say a word, two if he's in a particularly good mood, and disappear when you're not looking.

This sounds very accurate. Dude doesnt seem very talkative at all, probably even less so around complete strangers.

I know what you mean in that way, I kinda meant it as in a close friend kinda way as opposed to Steven who's like the fucking nicest guy on earth to everyone.

Probably should have elaborated. I never do that much round these parts.

BTW, The Glow Inc really cool sig of Fortus and BBF.