Ever meet a person you look up to but they end up being a total asshole?

WhazUp

This happened to me quite a few years ago with Vince Neil - he just flat out ignored me and the people I was with

Anyone have experiences where the person you respect ends up being a prick?

I didn't look up to them, but some rockers who were total asses were Mustane who was just nasty,

What did Mustaine do to you lol, I know he's got one hell of a fiery temper that seems to come and go like the wind.

He didn't do anything to me exactly... he was just generally nasty. I was really close to some people that toured with him, that's how I met most "a-list" Rock stars were through this "B list" band, and they always introduced us to whoever they toured with. So when they opened for Megadeth, they asked us if we wanted to meet him and we were like "sure" Why the fuck not right? I wasn't star struck by him like he was Axl or Ozzy, but this was when they were still relevant and didn't put out like an album a year with a political slant. They had videos and charted and such. I owned all of their albums and liked their music. The person that took me warned me he was sort of a jerk, but he was hanging out back stage so he'd probably be cool with it.

He was leaning against the wall, and we were introduced and he literally sighed, said hi and looked away. He said "Hi." in a way that made it sound like it was a herculean effort to say the word. Then just turned away as dismissively as possible. (It is worth noting here that there was nobody standing here at this point. He was alone against the wall, so he turned away to look at nothing, he may as well have said "fuck off.") He met with some fans that were herded in and we only hung up for about 4 of them, he treated them all the same. He made no attempt to hide his complete and utter disdain and disgust for being their. This fucking bombshell asked him to sign her tits and he's like "SIGH... Yeah, I guess." Then when he finished he moved to the next one in the middle of her talking about being a life long fan. Just looked past her with pen in hand and is like "Sigh... yeah?" to the next person.

I had a 4 year period of my life where I freaking lived backstage. There were people who didn't hang out, people that were abrupt, some looked pissed all the time (The lead singer of GodSmack was like 4 feet tall and walked around looking super angry all the time, it was pretty lol) but NONE ever showed open disdain and disgust like Dave did.

I had a chance to meet him again later at a release thing and declined. He joins the list of only two famous people in the world I elected to play playstation instead of hang out with. Carrot Top was the other, by all accounts Carrot Top was really cool, but I just don't think he's funny so I passed

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 1

This is also partly why I'm glad that I work in the country format...very few ego / head cases. 99% of the artists that I've met have been nothing other than laid back and awesome to me. Keith Urban and Garth Brooks just go above and beyond to take care of their fans.

Keith is my hero, so the few times that I've met him will always be at the top of my list (and he's one of the nicest artists that I've ever met), but the hands down coolest moment of my career thus far is hanging out with Garth and Trisha Yearwood with just one of my co-workers and two contest winners in the room with us. We must have been in there for a half hour just talking about anything and everything. It was like hanging out with your neighbors. For Garth being the biggest selling solo artist of all-time, he acts just like an average Joe. The fame hasn't gone to his head one bit. It was almost surreal. Hell, scratch that. It WAS surreal.

Edited by The Real McCoy

I don't know who Garth brooks is.

Is it the black guy who is on BBC football focus from time to time?

That's odd. He was pretty big in the UK during his prime back in the '90s.

I don't know who Garth brooks is.

Is it the black guy who is on BBC football focus from time to time?

That's odd. He was pretty big in the UK during his prime back in the '90s.

People are people.

I don't want to name names of people being out of line and making a scene and having associates of mine in Soho tell me about it, as a matter of fact I take pride from a story my sister told me about my father, I won't reveal which celebrity my father helped escape autograph hunters on a train once, but... :) good on 'im, my old man. :)

I once got Michael Barrymore's autograph before they found that man floating in his pool...

It's at my parent's house. - but, that's about it.

I saw Nelson Mandela meet Queen Elizabeth II with my school in London in year 4... PM John Major was there too... Saw him.

Posed with one mayor of Croydon in the newspaper once and met a bunch of them!, met one, then saw him in town talking at The Fairfield Halls in Croydon too...

A counselor says hi, knows me by sight. - I voted for him because of that. :lol: - nice car though.

.. Was in another country right, in Amsterdam, and this couple from somewhere else living in Camden asked me if I gave them something some phone number on a piece of paper last Saturday in Soho, the world is small! - I lied and said no!

Why would anyone want Barrymores autograph?!? :lol:

As far as the making a scene is Soho i bet Goldie is one of them? Those So Solid twats are crom around your manor, arent they? A mate of mine Zee cunted one of em off one time doin' a 5 stretch in Woodhill, apparently they are all gob.

Edited by Len B'stard

Why would anyone want Barrymores autograph?!? :lol:

As far as the making a scene is Soho i bet Goldie is one of them? Those So Solid twats are crom around your manor, arent they? A mate of mine Zee cunted one of em off one time doin' a 5 stretch in Woodhill, apparently they are all gob.

Oh yeah, I've met one of So Solid, in Croydon at the CR0 Bar back when I worked there when I was 21...

He was a prick to me, but fuck him, I had a job to do. :lol:

It was working there that taught me/showed me what dishwasher I want...

This thing

hobartecomaxh602.jpg

from £2, 988 online

Could wash a whole tray of glasses clean in 21 seconds flat... Was love at first site dishwasher.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Why would you need to clean your glasses in 21 seconds? I picture you living alone and having a relativelly normal relationship to drinking and to glasses. I can't realy see you fill up a tray of dirty glasses quick enough that you need to wash them in 21 seconds to prevent them piling up uncontrollably in your kitchen. Why not just stick to one glass and re-use it? Do you really need to take a new glass every 3 bloody seconds when you have another drink? We are four in my family and washing the glasses in 3 hours is more than enough for us. How do you get time to do anything else when all you do is drink, find new glasses, and fill up trays for washing?

I met many celebrities. The ones who were assholes, I already knew they were. Although some had a 'reputation' but turned out lots of fun. Maybe cause in my country being rude is not a big thing and we are rude back. It's actually weird, the biggest stars are often the nicest, it are the meaningless people around them, who often suck. I actually had a big laugh once, with a huge star about his own entourage. He smoked some weed though, so maybe that caused it ;)

The onces I really looked up to, have been really nice, but I only look up to sportsmen and mainly Ajax players or old players, the only ones who can make me starstruck. It's this thing I have. Lol, emberassing moments right there, specially my encounters with Van Basten and Rijkaard, lol. This was years ago, when they were still active players.

I probably couldn't even talk, when meeting Ibrahimovic for example, that would probably be really really emberassing. He can be an asshole to me.

I used a dishwasher like that in this mexican bar i worked in. Accrpt was bust and just used the hose to rinse down the plates. At the end of one shift at 1am the manager came in with one plate that still had a bit of melted cheese on it and showed it to me and said something. So after she went I took a bus tray of dirty dishes up to her office and dumped on her desk and went home never to return. Heap of shit machine didn't work.

I see this shit for what it is. But how does that help me in the long run? I guess I compare it to a bus ride. Stop on the bus to get off the bus. We don't even know if death is an escape. This creation is a sick one. I'm hoping that nothing happens after death because I'd rather nothing happen instead of being picked back up and thrown back into this shit again.

I spend a whole night showing an tv actress with a bad reputation the nightlife of Amsterdam, really nice girl. Didn't get her reputation at all.

What's the point of posting that without telling us who it is or are you worried it'll be traced back to a GnR message board?

I have no problem with telling, just wanted to say that not all you read is necessarly true. Not sure, why it would add something. But if you really want to know, It was like 20 years ago and it was Shannen Doherty. She was really nice. I believe it was just after they fired her on 90210.

Edited by MB.