Axl's Relationship With The Fans

Nick85

I think he enjoys meeting people from different parts of the world. The people hanging out in the US he's prob. thinking are professional collectors who are just there to have something signed and sell on Ebay a couple of hours later.

I don't think he enjoys interviews that much, or he's very reluctant to do them, but once he's there, he seems to enjoy it.

As far as communicating with the fans, he's done it a few times, but it seems like if some rumor comes up that pisses him off, he responds to it. He's used Twitter on the road. He's not touring right now, so there's prob. no real want or need to discuss what's going on in GNR.

He's only been off the road a few months, after a couple of years of touring, with breaks here and there. This was the first real break in a while. He prob. made a few million from this tour to sit on his ass and chill for a while.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet... and yet...

All of you keep coming back for more. Some of you create multiple accounts on multiple guns n roses sites, just so you can talk about ol' uncle axl.

Regardless of any grandiose proclamations of malfeasance on Axl's part, you all keep coming back for more.

So no, he hasn't destroyed anything.

Everyone knows he's full of piss & vinegar, this is not news. The fans love it.

Keep in mind it's that same intensity or focus that allows Axl to be such an emotive singer. Remember that.

Gah! You are all a bunch of spoiled brats. Axl is the way he is, you take it or leave it, he´s not going to change just because a bunch of people with too much time on their hands demand explanations for everything.

Axl´s never been one to communicate every single step to the fans and back in the day, when we didn´t have the internet we just enjoyed the music and the shows and we weren´t demanding anything from him. Also, every time Axl or any of the guys open their mouths to tell us something all they get is shit from their so called "fans" who dissect every single word and twist everything and take it all out of context. Or if they don´t say what you want to hear the bashing festival begins.

I´ve met people who were lucky to meet Axl in person and they all agreed on how cool, nice and down to earth they guy is. Sure the guy is an asshole at times so what? Isn´t he a human?

If you want someone who tells you everything go to a Lady Gaga or to a Britney Spears site because you are in the wrong forum and following the wrong person.

Edited by Black Horse

he's great with the fans as long as you are outside of North America. Ya, there is the odd interaction in North America, but they are few and far between.

maybe it's because these other countries have genuine fans that love him first...

what do North American fans do first? They BASH him.

Can't blame the guy for appreciating where the love is coming from.

You're full of shit man. Want proof?

Axl posing for the HUGEEEE 20 seconds before Vanessa tells them "we have to go". This is in Townsville, Australia. Definetly not the US. Looks like the fans were "appreciating" him but he definitely was not all smiles. What's your logic there? This is definitely not an isolated incident either.

watch this video while the chorus to "if the world" is playing its so fitting

Axl + Relationship = impossible :D

Gah! You are all a bunch of spoiled brats. Axl is the way he is, you take it or leave it, he´s not going to change just because a bunch of people with too much time on their hands demand explanations for everything.

Axl´s never been one to communicate every single step to the fans and back in the day, when we didn´t have the internet we just enjoyed the music and the shows and we weren´t demanding anything from him. Also, every time Axl or any of the guys open their mouths to tell us something all they get is shit from their so called "fans" who dissect every single word and twist everything and take it all out of context. Or if they don´t say what you want to hear the bashing festival begins.

I´ve met people who were lucky to meet Axl in person and they all agreed on how cool, nice and down to earth they guy is. Sure the guy is an asshole at times so what? Isn´t he a human?

If you want someone who tells you everything go to a Lady Gaga or to a Britney Spears site because you are in the wrong forum and following the wrong person.

+1

Axl is a egomaniac misunderstood ass---e. Accept the way he is. He's never gonna change. He'll probably never find true happiness either. He burns bridges, he follows no one (see Twitter for the proof).

Guest siliconmessiah

Impressive thread.

One of the few threads in many days that actually has not been infested by multi-account-newbies talking shit about the lead singer and members of our favourite band. Hopefully, the GNR-bashers got tired and found something else to do with their lives.

Axl is doing his thing, his way. And the fans like it. I like it.

Wish there could be more music released over these years though. I hope for a box-set release from "the vaults" someday.

Yes.... He has definately lost many fans throughout the years.

He either does it on purpose or just is incapable of explaining himself.

But some posters on this forum state they like no communication, being misled, no music etc. and refer to them as shenanigans... I don't understand this but some people enjoy being abused....

I wonder what is worse...those fans.......or the ones who come to a GnR site and constantly bash Axl? They bash Axl on a daily basis, but yet, they come to this website every day. It's pretty weird.

How was my post bashing Axl?

No Im not rainbows and bunny rabbits about axl but I don't mindlessly bash him.

I state my opinion about what's being discussed.

I can be a fan of the MUSIC and not the person.

So how about instead of you giving your opinion of my opinion, you give your opinion on the topic.

How was my post bashing Axl?

No Im not rainbows and bunny rabbits about axl but I don't mindlessly bash him.

I state my opinion about what's being discussed.

I can be a fan of the MUSIC and not the person.

So how about instead of you giving your opinion of my opinion, you give your opinion on the topic.

Don't you know bro?? Axl is God!! How dare we criticize ANYTHING he does!!! I mean, Axl is his own person(whatever the fuck the means), and it is what it is(again, whatever the fuck that means). People like you and I obviously are not fans because even though we go to the shows, buy the album, merch and vinyl, we sometimes have negative things to say about Axl. Shame on us. Shame on us for not living in a world of flowers and sunshine all the time. Shame on us for seeing things as they are.

Some people on here act like they have never criticized, complained or been discontent with anything before. Get off it.

he's great with the fans as long as you are outside of North America. Ya, there is the odd interaction in North America, but they are few and far between.

maybe it's because these other countries have genuine fans that love him first...

what do North American fans do first? They BASH him.

Can't blame the guy for appreciating where the love is coming from.

I'm American and I don't bash Axl Rose. That's bullshit.

sounds like you are as arrogant as most Americans.

you really don't need to take everything so personally!

relax.

You're the one who sounds arrogant. And fuck you.

Yeah,he needs to fuck himself,cause it would be the best pussy he has had, :lol: ,my what a bitter mob mentality,not aimed at everyone

Edited by Trilogy

Having been a fan for over 20 years, I really don't get how fans expect anything else. If you're upset that Guns/Axl doesn't do what you want them/him to do, then you don't understand how this band operates. What blows my mind is how certain "fans" feel like we're living in the dark times of GNR productivity. Obviously you weren't around for the '94 to '01 period where all fans got were a fax about Slash leaving, a mug shot of Axl, one interview on MTV, and a decent but half baked song (Oh My God). In the last two years we actually got Chinese Democracy and a year long world tour to promote it. Maybe it didn't follow what you wanted, but if I think back to when I was 16 this has been an unbelievable time to be a GNR fan.

All Axl and the band owes me as a fan is a hell of a show when I buy and ticket and their best effort when they choose to release new album. Other than that, they can do whatever they want; it really has no impact on my life. As Axl once said about those who wait for Chinese Democracy, go live your life. Yeah it sucks when some of the things intended do not come to fruition, but I don't remember Axl/GNR signing anything with their fans that holds them to it.

I don't know Axl or anyone else in the band personally, so I can't speak to their character. But I seriously doubt that their intentions is to purposely tease fans because it gets them off. The organization strikes me as one of good intentions, but for whatever the reasons are, just don't happen. Thankfully for me, I have my own life to worry about. I suggest you do the same.

Cheers,

Andrew

Having been a fan for over 20 years, I really don't get how fans expect anything else. If you're upset that Guns/Axl doesn't do what you want them/him to do, then you don't understand how this band operates. What blows my mind is how certain "fans" feel like we're living in the dark times of GNR productivity. Obviously you weren't around for the '94 to '01 period where all fans got were a fax about Slash leaving, a mug shot of Axl, one interview on MTV, and a decent but half baked song (Oh My God). In the last two years we actually got Chinese Democracy and a year long world tour to promote it. Maybe it didn't follow what you wanted, but if I think back to when I was 16 this has been an unbelievable time to be a GNR fan.

All Axl and the band owes me as a fan is a hell of a show when I buy and ticket and their best effort when they choose to release new album. Other than that, they can do whatever they want; it really has no impact on my life. As Axl once said about those who wait for Chinese Democracy, go live your life. Yeah it sucks when some of the things intended do not come to fruition, but I don't remember Axl/GNR signing anything with their fans that holds them to it.

I don't know Axl or anyone else in the band personally, so I can't speak to their character. But I seriously doubt that their intentions is to purposely tease fans because it gets them off. The organization strikes me as one of good intentions, but for whatever the reasons are, just don't happen. Thankfully for me, I have my own life to worry about. I suggest you do the same.

Cheers,

Andrew

Excellent outlook Andrew, superb post :thumbsup::)