Axl's Relationship With The Fans

Nick85

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel like Axl has destroyed his relationship with me.

1) I never felt as though he has owed me anything to begin with.

2) I don't update him on what I'm doing daily, weekly, or monthly; therefore I can't expect him to be any different.

3) When Guns toured the states in 2006, I paid money to see the band perform. The transaction was successful. I paid for entertainment, they provided.

What a ridiculous thead. Misguided sense of entitlement much?

thank you! At least some of us feel that way!

i've spent a lifetime and a small fortune on "gnr." I do think axl owes me something. doesn't have to be free tunes, a reunion, or even a tour.

I just want him to acknowledge that he does have fans and that he didn't magically do all this by himself.

Edited by SunnyDRE

2) I don't update him on what I'm doing daily, weekly, or monthly; therefore I can't expect him to be any different.

3) When Guns toured the states in 2006, I paid money to see the band perform. The transaction was successful. I paid for entertainment, they provided.

You took the words from my mind, Inception style!

i've spent a lifetime and a small fortune on "gnr." I do think axl owes me something. doesn't have to be free tunes, a reunion, or even a tour.

I just want him to acknowledge that he does have fans and that he didn't magically do all this by himself.

Axl didn't ask you or force you to '''spend a lifetime and a small fortune on "gnr" though.

Axl didn't ask you or force you to '''spend a lifetime and a small fortune on "gnr" though.

Your damn right Count Dragcula, he didn't have to object himsefl to GN'R if he didn't like it. Axl didn't come over to his house at gunpoint and say "like GNR, go to my concert's, you better like the band!"

Nah, don't worry it's just Sunny, he alway's has to be negative.

sunny is just pointing out the obvious

all the talent in the world gets u nowhere without fans, and their money

Axl does owe the public. He's declared himself GUNS N' ROSES.

How owes it to the name, he owes it to the legacy, he owes it to the former members and most importantly, he owes the fans.

He's not living up to the name - and he deserves all the criticism (and praise) that he gets for such an audacious feat of chutzpah.

All the back-tracking in the world won't change that.

How owes it to the name, he owes it to the legacy, he owes it to the former members and most importantly, he owes the fans.

He's not living up to the name - and he deserves all the criticism (and praise) that he gets for such an audacious feat of chutzpah.

Stop using your brain for a septic tank,nobody owes you a thing,you pay for an album,you get that album,you pay for concert tickets you get to see live music,it does in no way entitle you to a magic window to peer like a voyeur into someone else's life,it also does not entitle you to make their decisions,nor dictate policy and procedures for said band,take a giant leap into reality and sanity,if that's possible,not directed only at you,this is for everyone who participates in this unbalanced mindset :)

This pretty well sums it up quite handily,I concur completely and absolutely

Guest gunns5

Stop using your brain for a septic tank,nobody owes you a thing,you pay for an album,you get that album,you pay for concert tickets you get to see live music,it does in no way entitle you to a magic window to peer like a voyeur into someone else's life,it also does not entitle you to make their decisions,nor dictate policy and procedures for said band,take a giant leap into reality and sanity,if that's possible,not directed only at you,this is for everyone who participates in this unbalanced mindset :)

just about sums up your posts trollogy.

Originally, I completely disagreed with Out ta Get Me's post but they you replied with such eloquence of "I concur completely and absolutely" and it blew me away. I now have to agree with Out ta Get Me's post. Thank you for your thoughtful insight and contribution to discussion Trilogy.

Quite possibly the fans expect too much information they have no right to know,and take things too personally,when its not about them at all,but involves other unrelated,unpublicized matters,perhaps the fans (some of them at least) don't like having an icon/idol that does nothing in what they would consider a normal manner,and follows his own convictions and beliefs? In short,maybe the fans expect too much and have only themselves to blame for unrealistic expectatıons

Unrealistic expectations huh?? Did you even read the OP? I will re-cap it just for you :)

"We will be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs" RIR III, 2001

"The Better video should be out in a week or so" Late 2008

"It is this year" mid 2006, VMAs interview

"March 6th" The open letter to fans regarding the album release

There is heaps more but I think I have made my point. Fans are sick of being told something, and it never coming to fruition. That is actually worse then total silence, as it gets our hopes up. Do you understand now? I doubt you will.

So you have never been forced to alter plans,or made plans that for one reason or another fell through?You have never had to delay events due to unforseen circumstances?My it must be hard holding up that pesky halo,and be so self righteous that you feel qualified to judge someone you don't even know,that said,it is not out of the realm of possibilities that certain fans expect details and aspects of the business end of things,or personal information they may want,but not need,you don't have to know everthing in order to appreciate and relate to someones music and lyrics.

Of course i have had to alter/cancel plans. But when i do, i have the common decency and courtesy to inform people of those said changes. "Sorry man, i can't make it tonight because of _____". Axl has never done that. Try weasel out of this one bro.

No weaseling needed,I doubt seriously you operate on the same level,with.the same criticisms that are aimed at GNR from every angle on an everyday basis,so your argument really isn't comparable,its not necessary nor needed forGNR to attempt to justify every action to you or anyone else,it would only serve to be disputed,misquoted,misinterpreted, and serve as more fodder for the people that shovel shit and rumors nonstop,if you like the music,that is enough,don't expect GNR to jump when incessantly prodded and provoked.

You are a joke. First you said:

"the band don't owe you anything", i then bought up the fact that it was Axl's own fault for saying thing will happen and then never coming to fruition. Then you said:

"Oh so you have never canceled plans before?" to which i said i have, but always inform the people involved about why the plans changed. Then you said;

I doubt you operate on the same level as Guns N' Roses, to which I am now saying:

WHY IS IT THAT ONLY GUNS N' ROSES NEVER PULL THROUGH ON THEIR PLANS WHEN THOUSANDS OF OTHER BANDS CAN? EVEN WHEN OTHER BANDS CANCEL PLANS, THEY GIVE REASONS.

Answer me that? You said I don't operate on the same level, but what about Metallica, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, NIN etc, bands that are bigger than Guns.

Oh and as for your last line, Guns certainly did JUMP when MSL bought out the fireworks :) You must have been pretty worried and all, being GnR's protector :)

Edited by Young_Gun

Oh no,an insult-can you repeat that I have selective hearing and cunt hear you. ;)

Guest gunns5

Oh no,an insult-can you repeat that I have selective hearing and cunt hear you. ;)

you're acting like a ...child :D

Quite possibly the fans expect too much information they have no right to know,and take things too personally,when its not about them at all,but involves other unrelated,unpublicized matters,perhaps the fans (some of them at least) don't like having an icon/idol that does nothing in what they would consider a normal manner,and follows his own convictions and beliefs? In short,maybe the fans expect too much and have only themselves to blame for unrealistic expectatıons

Unrealistic expectations huh?? Did you even read the OP? I will re-cap it just for you :)

There is heaps more but I think I have made my point. Fans are sick of being told something, and it never coming to fruition. That is actually worse then total silence, as it gets our hopes up. Do you understand now? I doubt you will.

So you have never been forced to alter plans,or made plans that for one reason or another fell through?You have never had to delay events due to unforseen circumstances?My it must be hard holding up that pesky halo,and be so self righteous that you feel qualified to judge someone you don't even know,that said,it is not out of the realm of possibilities that certain fans expect details and aspects of the business end of things,or personal information they may want,but not need,you don't have to know everthing in order to appreciate and relate to someones music and lyrics.

Of course i have had to alter/cancel plans. But when i do, i have the common decency and courtesy to inform people of those said changes. "Sorry man, i can't make it tonight because of _____". Axl has never done that. Try weasel out of this one bro.

No weaseling needed,I doubt seriously you operate on the same level,with.the same criticisms that are aimed at GNR from every angle on an everyday basis,so your argument really isn't comparable,its not necessary nor needed forGNR to attempt to justify every action to you or anyone else,it would only serve to be disputed,misquoted,misinterpreted, and serve as more fodder for the people that shovel shit and rumors nonstop,if you like the music,that is enough,don't expect GNR to jump when incessantly prodded and provoked.

"the band don't owe you anything", i then bought up the fact that it was Axl's own fault for saying thing will happen and then never coming to fruition. Then you said:

"Oh so you have never canceled plans before?" to which i said i have, but always inform the people involved about why the plans changed. Then you said;

I doubt you operate on the same level as Guns N' Roses, to which I am now saying:

WHY IS IT THAT ONLY GUNS N' ROSES NEVER PULL THROUGH ON THEIR PLANS WHEN THOUSANDS OF OTHER BANDS CAN? EVEN WHEN OTHER BANDS CANCEL PLANS, THEY GIVE REASONS.

Answer me that? You said I don't operate on the same level, but what about Metallica, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, NIN etc, bands that are bigger than Guns.

Oh and as for your last line, Guns certainly did JUMP when MSL bought out the fireworks :) You must have been pretty worried and all, being GnR's protector :)

Nope,GNR came packing fireworks as well,much bigger fireworks,and as a debate adversary you are really a disappointment,

The mods might like it if you could stay on topic,and GNR has come through on plans,problem is nobody notices the successes,only amplify the fuckups,when they occur.

Nope,GNR came packing fireworks as well,much bigger fireworks,and as a debate adversary you are really a disappointment,

The mods might like it if you could stay on topic,and GNR has come through on plans,problem is nobody notices the successes,only amplify the fuckups,when they occur.

I'm staying on topic you joke, I am talking about Axl's relationship with the fans, specifically, my opinion on it. Taken your medicine today have you? HAHAHAHAAH so now you backtrack and say Guns do follow through on plans... Good lord, did you not read the OP. Keep replying please, laughter is the best medicine!

Edited by Young_Gun

you're acting like a ...child :D

Do you want to discuss the topic or simply exchange insults? If its the latter choice that would be boring,and not in the best interest of the others that co-exist here with us

Guest gunns5

say mygnr, the biggest guns n roses forum on the internet

got legally threatened by the very band that this forum supports , a few months ago,

I love guns n roses, I flew to see their concerts interstate both times I saw them, but anyone who thinks the relationship with the band as a whole with the fans is 'great' isn't really being honest with themselves.

I said it once, and ill say it again. I love the band, but I hate the mechanics.

By the way, your writing style trilogy is very obvious, we all know who you really are :xmasssanta:

Edited by gunns5

Originally, I completely disagreed with Out ta Get Me's post but they you replied with such eloquence of "I concur completely and absolutely" and it blew me away. I now have to agree with Out ta Get Me's post. Thank you for your thoughtful insight and contribution to discussion Trilogy.

Thank you,even though I detect a slight odor of sarcasm surrounding your post,I will choose to overlook it,I think Out ta get me made an excellent and concise post,bringing forth fact and not supposition or heresay