Will the next record be more "fun"?

Count Drugcula

One thing that kind of turns me off about CD is that a lot of the songs, either musically or lyrically, are very negative. There's no real just loose, light hearted fun. It's very epic and grandiose yes, but I think epic and grandiose tracks should be balanced with some lighter hearted stuff. Also, almost all of the lyrics in each song are a variation on the same theme ("Lost love", "someone fucked me over and I'm pissed/bitter", "love"). Where's a track like Bad Apples? Or You Ain't the First? Or You Could Be Mine? I Used to Love Her?

Am I alone in hoping that there's some light heartedness balancing out the darker stuff on the next record?

Like along the lines of:

Edited by Count Drugcula

Who knows...

I could imagine that an album written and produced solely by the current line up could be a fun record. If the next album consists of the old left overs, then it'll be much the same as CD.

Edited by Spoon87

Who knows...

I could imagine that an album written and produced solely by the current line up could be a fun record. If the next album consists of the old left overs, then it'll be much the same as CD.

I was thinking the same thing. Lets hope Axl give DJ and BF more "power" on a second CD!

I kinda like it that way... But I would love to see something more aggressive like Last Of My Kind or A Looking In View....

Somewhere in the chats it was mentioned that CDII was a bit "darker and meaner" in places,and that if you liked this CD,you'd probably like that one, I'm hoping this hasn't changed :)

idk how i'd like an album of axl lyrics about boozin' n partyin' as a 50 yr old. I do like the subject matter that's being covered as of late: darker subject matter that cover a broad array of topics that lets the audience find their own meanings and interpretations within the music

i like that rather than a cut and dry party to the excess style ala AFD lyrically for this incarnation, on the other hand though i do think this band will have a more rock sound on the newer material minus brain,bucket, finck which was a little more out there...but then again Bumble has some out there stuff, so i guess we'll hafta wait and see

Edited by RebelRose89

No thanks, you'll always have Slash and all the idiots rock bands for that ! Let Axl be more ambitious and talented please.

Yeah, because fun music is per definition bad and idiotic.

Retard.

If your definition of "fun" music is nothing deeper than repetitive riffs,and surface level lyrics,without any depth or meaning I will pass on that,

Maybe you could find your fix on a jonas bros site? :D

I would love to hear GNR do some songs in the same syle as Alice In chains - hard hitting guitars, grinding bass, great vocals and deep lyrics. Maybe not a whole album but a few songs like that.

I have always thought Scraped had potential to be one of those songs, but it never really reached that level until the last 20 seconds

I would love to hear GNR do some songs in the same syle as Alice In chains - hard hitting guitars, grinding bass, great vocals and deep lyrics. Maybe not a whole album but a few songs like that.

I have always thought Scraped had potential to be one of those songs, but it never really reached that level until the last 20 seconds

Love Cantrells lyrics,AIC put out great music, scraped is in that genre imo, with a Guns stamp on it,my current three favorites on chidem are scraped,sorry and shacklers

Love Cantrells lyrics,AIC put out great music, scraped is in that genre imo, with a Guns stamp on it,my current three favorites on chidem are scraped,sorry and shacklers

Yeah those three are some of my favorites too

Scraped and Shacker's especially have some really cool riffs

One thing that kind of turns me off about CD is that a lot of the songs, either musically or lyrically, are very negative. There's no real just loose, light hearted fun. It's very epic and grandiose yes, but I think epic and grandiose tracks should be balanced with some lighter hearted stuff. Also, almost all of the lyrics in each song are a variation on the same theme ("Lost love", "someone fucked me over and I'm pissed/bitter", "love"). Where's a track like Bad Apples? Or You Ain't the First? Or You Could Be Mine? I Used to Love Her?

Am I alone in hoping that there's some light heartedness balancing out the darker stuff on the next record?

Like along the lines of:

But GNR has always been hardhitting. They don't write "fun" or throaway songs. I think Axl would have to change his outlook alot to do more simple songs. He's too emotional and sensitive for that. He has a dark muse it seems. Nothing has ever been lighthearted with him even SCOM had dark undertones. Anyway there's too many bands out there doing fun and simple-the reason I like Axl is coz there's so much depth and feel in his songs.

Who knows...

Future albums are not "left overs".

Who knows...

O

Agreed,several songs on uyis were written around afds time period and before,bad obsession was pre brownstone,the original version of crazy came out on lies,and NR already existed

Like along the lines of:

But GNR has always been hardhitting. They don't write "fun" or throaway songs. I think Axl would have to change his outlook alot to do more simple songs. He's too emotional and sensitive for that. He has a dark muse it seems. Nothing has ever been lighthearted with him even SCOM had dark undertones. Anyway there's too many bands out there doing fun and simple-the reason I like Axl is coz there's so much depth and feel in his songs.

This :)

Who knows...

Leftovers doesn't necessarily mean the they are lesser songs. just not included on the first album.

Who knows...

Leftovers doesn't necessarily mean the they are lesser songs. just not included on the first album.

:thumbsup:

Guest gunns5

I had a small chat with pitman in adelaide last year and he said the best material hasn't been released yet,

so I cant wait for CD2/left over chinese d sessions,

its where the money is at apparently.

personally, i think axl should do whatever the fuck he wants. but when it comes to making fun records or sad records, i don't really think it it's up to axl, but up to everyone else. how can anyone expect axl to write a fun album when everyone is always so cruel and horrible to him? i wouldn't be in the mood to write fun songs if i was treated the way axl is treated by former bandmates, fans on forums, manager, promoters, etc...