Medina: "Guns N' Roses concert this year was the hardest to arrange in all the Rock in Rio history"

Mal'Akh

If late, Guns N' Roses will pay a fine to Rock in Rio.

0,,47542804,00.jpg

"Começa, começa, começa!" -(typical crowd choir in concerts here. In english, it means something like "Get started, get started, get started!). When the crowd choir - to don't call it booing - starts, it's a sign that the artist is late. But what's a normal lateness? How much would you wait for your idol? 30 minutes? One hour?

In 2001, Guns N' Roses was headlining the 3rd edition of Rock in Rio, and they were almost 2 hours late. The band, that was also late on the festival previously edition, in 1991, is confirmed as the main headliner of the new edition, which takes place at Rio, on September and October. For such reason, aware of Axl Rose behaviour, Rock in Rio put a clause on the band's contract which said that if they start their concert late, they have to pay a fine. The fine value wasn't disclosed by the festival production.

"Guns N' Roses concert this year was the hardest to arrange on the history of the festival", says Roberta Medina,vice president of the Rock in Rio brand. - (Roberto Medina, her father, is the president.). Roberta said that no other artist to play on the new edition had such restriction on the contract. "Bands are usually on time, but Guns is a different case. Lateness like the 2001 one can make the public feel uncomfortable and maybe starts riots." Luckly, on that night, nothing happened. The crowd patiently wait for their idol to come on stage.

Guns N' Roses will have the mission of finish the 4th edition of Rock in Rio. They will play on October 2nd at the World Stage.

Roberta said that the break between one show and the next one - on the three Rock in Rio stages - will be from 20 to 30 minutes. During that time, a big team will get on the stages to change the set. Just to get the stage ready for the next band. That operation involves 70 people on many areas. "The equipment of all the bands playing on the day stay on line, mounted, behind the stage. That avoids lateness and makes the chaning easier", said the producer.

The 4th edition of Rock in Rio will have many things to make the public confortable. The new City of Rock, on Jacarepaguá, will have a theme street, with jazz shows, restaurantes and fashion parades. There's also a ferris wheel and a tyrolean for anyone who wants to have fun and have a beatiful view of the City of Rock. All that will help the public to get on the park in different hours - throughout the day - avoiding queues and possible riots.

Source: Globo

Edited by Mal'Akh

Well, this can't be good.

Seriously, why don't the promoter's address this in a private matter with the band and more importantly Axl.

Their just getting him pissed off now. Sure, their gonna be late, they always are, it's what their infamous for.

It's one thing to tell them personally "try to be early, or we'll have to fine you," then to say "Were fining Gun N' Roses becuase their late again."

Just like Axl said, why would you book them if you know their gonna be late?

I would've said to the Rock N' Rio promoter's, "Remember Reading?" They told them ,if theirl ate theyp ulled the plug. Sure enough, GN'R were late and Reading was left with a 1 minute acuostic verison of Paradice City, and fan's chanting "let them play."

As a fan, I don't want that to happen again. Especially at a pro-shot, live streamed show.

Does the rest of the band suffer monetarily when axl decides to go on late?

Doubt it. I would imagine they are payed a certain amount per gig and they get it regardless of how many fines axl brings on himself.

they are just employees after all

Axl does what he wants.

Then in this case he will pay for the privilege for being a "rebel"

Stop being so dramatic, you're acting like you know what's going to happen.

You make a statement that "Axl does what he wants" and I'm being dramatic? LOL.......

I don't know what will happen but based on Axl's track record and as you say "Axl does what he wants" I would give you even odds he goes on late..unless of course you think he will do as he is told and go on stage on time... ;)

So in other words you took what I said literally. Just because my lulz aren't funny to you doesn't mean they aren't lulz. lulz

However on another note, once again you are pretending to have the gift of foresight. What if Axl wants to go on on-time? Is that such a novel concept. He does what he wants. Well what if he wants to go on stage on time? You're acting like he's late for every show.

What sort of odds will ya give me there chief?

"Guns N' Roses concert this year was the hardest to arrange on the history of the festival",

I can imagine...

Roberta said that the break between one show and the next one - on the three Rock in Rio stages - will be from 20 to 30 minutes. During that time, a big team will get on the stages to change the set. Just to get the stage ready for the next band. That operation involves 70 people on many areas. "The equipment of all the bands playing on the day stay on line, mounted, behind the stage. That avoids lateness and makes the chaning easier", said the producer.

That's what I said before. Building/organizing all the structure for a GNR gig requires A LOT of work. And they will also have to change the set... it will obviously take some time. I think that Medina should keep it simple, he should cancel Shitty's, I mean, Pitty's concert, so they won't have to change the stage set! I know I'm talking a lot of nonsense, but I can't help it, I just hate that ugly bitch and her stupid songs. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::tongue2:

Edit: Plus, the crowd will be even more pissed with the band being late after having their ears tortured by Pitty. Think about it Medina. :lol:

Edited by Shooting Star