GnR Fortus to join Thin Lizzy

Daedalus

GnR Fortus to join Thin Lizzy

Viv Campbell reveals his replacement – as Rock in Rio confirm they’ll fine Axl if he starts festival show late

Guns n’Roses guitarist Richard Fortus played a few tracks with Thin Lizzy in Chicago last week – and he’ll join the band next month when Vivian Campbell returns to Def Leppard.

Campbell revealed the news after his final US appearance with Phil Lynott’s reactivated band, currently starring original-era members Scott Gorham, Brian Downey and Darren Wharton alongside Campbell, ex-Whitesnake bassist Marco Mendoza and ex-Almighty frontman Ricky Warwick.

Fortus will take over after Lizzy play at Slaine Castle, Ireland, on May 28. Campbell reports: “Well, that was it: my last US show with Lizzy – and it was a great one to end on. New guitarist Richard Fortus came and played a couple of songs.

“I have one final gig with them in Ireland, and the very next day we start Def Lep rehearsals.”

Leppard are going back to work after a year’s break, and planning to write a new album while they tour for the rest of 2011. The band will play two shows with Thin Lizzy and special guest Alice Cooper in Ireland, on June 7 and 8, ahead of their appearance at the UK Download festival on June 10 – but Campbell has already ruled himself out of playing two sets on those nights, saying: “My allegiance has to be to Def Leppard.”

Meanwhile, Fortus’ day-job band Guns n’Roses will face a hefty fine if they start their Rock in Rio festival headline slot late on October 2.

http://rocknewsdesk.com/world-news/gnr-fortus-to-join-thin-lizzy/1206/

Edited by Daedalus