MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you misunderstood what the admin has posted :rolleyes:

Eric said maintaining the site is expensive, and that he feels it's not worthy. He's got a letter like the other forums which aren't closing because of that.

Goodbye & Good luck guys&girls

I still want to steal your avatar,where can I find you?

Outta your window at midnight next full moon :devil:

"Nothing lasts forever..."

I had to read through every page of this before posting, this probably won't be my last post but my last serious one anyways. This forum has been an enormous part of my life for the last 6 years, it's provided me with incredible moments of excitement and joy as well as alleviating any boredome effectively, I've laughed as many times as I've raged furiously and I've grown very fond of a hell of a lot of you. When I woke up today to a text from Syd (Tiny Dancer/Axl's Rocket Queen for those who remember) I couldn't believe it but coming on and seeing it for myself it's really hit home. One of the most vibrant, funny, diverse and intellectually sound communities not just on the internet but in the world is about to be snuffed out overnight, and that no one will lament that but us (let's be honest who's gonna give a shit about a GNR forum) seems criminal to say the least.

To point the finger of blame seems futile now, what does it matter when the servers go down. But it has been my pleasure to spend almost every day of the last 6 years with you guys in some shape or form. I know I haven't ever really been one of the forum's biggest social figures, but I hope at least some of you will remember Sandy and I's pun wars etc.

http://www.facebook.com/GraemeSinclair for anyone who wants to keep in touch, also it looks like we're all moving to gnfnr, if so I'll see you there.

I never will get to become a "Frontman" after all :(.

Slan leat, Mygnr gu brath!

Graeme.

Eric, with all due respect, it's verysad this forum is coming to an end... with everything that goes on it's fair to say it was a good forum and if one wanted to have some info on GNR which is usually very difficult to find all we needed was to get our asses here... yeah it haves some annoying members but they exist in real life too so that wasn't much of a problem

however can you pls start for respect of everybody on this forum a "real" topic explaining some real info that we know you have regarding this... at least using fake characters if you want to avoid any legal bullshit cry baby action...

it's only fair for us i suppose... it might cause some stirr but wtf?, it's all goning to the pooper ain't it?

pls do it

Eric, with all due respect, it's verysad this forum is coming to an end... with everything that goes on it's fair to say it was a good forum and if one wanted to have some info on GNR which is usually very difficult to find all we needed was to get our asses here... yeah it haves some annoying members but they exist in real life too so that wasn't much of a problem

however can you pls start for respect of everybody on this forum a "real" topic explaining some real info that we know you have regarding this... at least using fake characters if you want to avoid any legal bullshit cry baby action...

it's only fair for us i suppose... it might cause some stirr but wtf?, it's all goning to the pooper ain't it?

pls do it

R.I.P mygnrforum

Thanks to everyone involved in running this site. Eric, you did a great job. When I got interested in Guns again there were really only two boards that stood out - for different reasons.

HTGTH was just ... sickening. Gag-inducing in the sycophancy posted.

Then there was MYGNR ... a literal breath of fresh air. So obvious that those who posted were in the majority fans of a band and a man that should have kissed their feet for their devotion through the years when GNR was irrevelant.

Fans who bought numerous copies of CD, boosting sales numbers - even if that didn't translate to the actual number of people who bought the album.

Fans who simply wanted THEIR band to BE a band.

Fans who wanted really easy things - a group photo! A video! A tweet!

As for me?

I'll mark this site off with deep regret and after a few days I'll stop thinking about Guns N Roses again. They'll go back into the "Whatever happened to...?" category they were in before I discovered this board.

MYGNR kept my interest going. It made me take another listen to certain songs, and gave me a fresh perspective on GNR news and happenings.

Without MYGNR, it's just not worth the effort. I could Google "Guns N Roses" a few times a year and get the same "late on stage", "lawsuit", "Axl hates Slash" news that makes up the majority of GNR news.

It was the voices - here - of the fans - that made GNR worth paying attention to.

Thanks to all of you for that.

Great post!

I'm sad to see it end, like many, MYGNR was a site I visited daily for years.

See you all on another forum!

Thanks for the entertainment over the years. I first discovered this site around the time of the (sort-of) GNR rebirth at Leeds 2002. I'm 40 in 6 months time, where have the wasted years gone.

Such a shame, (new) GNR could have, and should have been so much more... :rolleyes:

From a long serving, low posting member.

Good luck for the future.

LeedsLeedsLeeds

Oh fuck. :(

Don't know what to say really. I haven't been as active recently but this forum has been great. I discovered Guns N' Roses and became a fan after hearing the Better leak in 2006, this was the place I went to for everything.

Sad day.

Edited by Demon Wolf

Well I don't post here often but this place was always the first place I came to keep up to date with the crazy world of GN'R. It's a real shame it will be closing down. :thumbsdown:

Guns N' Roses fans are probably the most loyal fans in the world-we just keep supporting no matter how many times we're shit on from a great height. Sometimes it sucks being a GN'R fan.

Ah well, thanks for the memories, the debates, the excitement, the controversy, you lovely people of MYGNR.

SR

Very sad news Eric. Thanks for keeping the site up and running through all the bullshit. For the last 5 years this has been one of the first sites I load as soon as I get online. Even though 99% of the time nothing was going on was still fun to watch the car wreck that is Axl Rose. Well I guess all good things come to an end. I pledged never to spend money again on this brand after that debacle of an album and the departure of Robin. But I'll miss the endless Slash vs. whoever arguments and the little bits of info every now and then. The brand is dead. The brand is dead. The brand is dead. The brand is dead.