MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

To echo the sentiments of almost everyone on here this is indeed a very sad day... in my time on this forum I have spoken to some of the moat beautiful women in the world... if nothing else this forum has categorically proven that gnr fans are the easiest motherfuckers in the world...

Peace and love

xXx

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! This is so sad! :(

I'm going to miss this place... Even if I didn't always agree with everything that was said here, I really enjoyed reading the posts! :(

So thanks for your hard work to all the Mygnr team. People who stand for their point of views are people who deserve respect. (That's probably why I like GNR/Axl so much, that goes for other people too)

Thanks Ron/Bumblefoot for your kind word. (That was a really a cool thing to do for all the fans on Mygnr)

Can't believe this. I've visited this site daily since 2004 or 2005. Can't even remember what it was like to have a life :D.....Man, this blows. And fuck HTGTH...

Thank you for the past years! See and talk to you out there, in the internet and in the real world...Thanks MYGNR (the staff, the users/members, the guests, everybody)!!!

Thanks to the mods. This place has the best archival material on guns. Can this be saved? This is sad and confusing considering Axl and Bumble came here to chat to the fans only recently and they want it closed down? Wtf?! The Mister saint laurent thing got out of hand but that topic should have been shut down earlier! If only Axl had just followed through and released at least another album 09 or 10 (shoulda been 3 by now) we wouldn't be in this situation. 16 years and 1 album. That's hard to keep a forum going. I mean how much can you discuss at this stage. I can't blame them for shutting it down. I mean it doesn't liik like another album is coming for years and Axl has no desire to keep the fans interest these days. He should tweet occassionally

Edited by Janis

*Sigh*

I don't blame Eric for giving it up. I only found out right now this place was closing, hope someone can start a new forum in its place.

I personally found out ALL my info about GNR on this forum! When there were tours, songs, bootlegs, etc.

This band should have embraced the effort made, rather than try and remove it.

Gutted :(

Monty

This. Can't. Be. Happening.

Thanks so much to Eric and the mods for everything over the past few years.

One of the highlights of my day was always to come on and see what latest madness

had erupted in Guns world (or at least amongst the forum members).

The best forum site ever. To tell the truth, the band wasn't worthy of this site.

Something smells fishy...its not THAT expensive to support a 30k member forum. There are smaller AND bigger forums that do ok with just Adsense (and also profitable).

Plus, why not tell the situation to the forum members and try to figure out a solution between everyone? I'm not a supporter, but i dont want to MYNGNRFORUM to close, I guess i could chip in as many would.

Also, as someone said before, why not just transfer the domain to another person willing to take over including financial costs? I would.

This. Can't. Be. Happening.

Thanks so much to Eric and the mods for everything over the past few years.

One of the highlights of my day was always to come on and see what latest madness

had erupted in Guns world (or at least amongst the forum members).

The best forum site ever. To tell the truth, the band wasn't worthy of this site.

Quote of the day! The site was controversial and pretty mean at times but in a good way and it kept thing intyeresting at least. Axl is the King of that and I surprised he wants it closed down.

Regardless of differences we may have had on here with people's GNR opinions I want it to be known I will miss you guys, I have a lot of memories on this GNR quest that all of us on this board were journeying on together. I hope this really isn't the end, any suggestions for how maybe we can all continue seeing each other in the future?

I have always hated goodbyes, to me goodbyes are the definition of bittersweet. Because it's all about the journey and you hate to come to the realization that the journey will end, but at the same time you are reminded by this ending journey of all the good times that took place in the journey and the memories created. To me the end of a journey amplifies the great memories that maybe forever continuing a journey could just not replicate, thats why it leaves a taste that's bittersweet that's called the blues.

Peace :(

If Guns would have an active forum on their official site, this wouldn't be such a big deal. But MyGNR has been THE place to be if youre a GNR fan or if you want to have news and discuss them.

Thanks!

And if anyone has something to leak, now would be the time ;):D

Edited by jekylhyde

Fucking hell! didn't see that one coming!

I just don't know what to say, I came here on a daily basis and I'm really going to miss this place :unsure:

Wish I could just spend the rest of my day on the forum going over old posts and pm's and get all melancholic about it.

But sadly I have to go to work in a few, It's gonna be weird that when i get home there will be no more mygnr :(

So many great posters, so many epic threads over the years, Such a waste....

Had a great time here guys!, I wish you all the best!

Guest Len B'stard

Hey fuck this shit, what the fuck d'ya wanna close down for?!?! It's an online community centred around the band, it exclusively about the band, it's about a bunch of people communicating and fuckin...y'know, the bands a part of it, it's centred around the band but the band ain't the be all and end all of it. I understand, lack of support all of that shit but i doubt it's like Axl was sending you fuckin care packages in the first.

How much does it cost to keep this place afloat per annum, tell me, someones gotta fuckin know, what, 100s, 1000s, millions? Tell me how much it is, i'm sure if fuckin 20 or 30 or 50 of us wanna go halves on it it can't be that fuckin much, lets be practical here, everybodys chiming in with their two cents about this that and the other and how they love this place well lets see the fibre of your fabric, c'mon, someone gimme a figure here, i'll fuckin put it, c'mon, lets have a fuckin whip round here.

Feeling a bit gutted right now, will miss logging on here everyday.

Thanks to Eric and the mods.

A big thankyou to all the Aussies -HighV (the USB is on the way) Thinkaboutyou, gunns5 and Megan who all had my back in Adelaide, without this forum it wouldnt have happened!

Hope to catch you all around the traps!

R.I.P OL' GIRL

Edited by Teejay