MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

Guest Len B'stard

You're all SOO full of shit, all chiming in with these fuckin posts and no one wants to actually go about fixing this thing.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all SOO full of shit, all chiming in with these fuckin posts and no one wants to actually go about fixing this thing.

I think a lot of us would be willing to help and donate some money to keep this site alive.

Sadly I don't think Eric sees this as an option...

I check this forum countless times everyday, it's a place that was much more than just a news source for the band - to me it helped in making being a GnR fan much easier. My first download here was RIR 2001. I'lll never forget trying only to listen to the old songs and ignore the new ones but my media player shuffled me onto The Blues one day and that was the end of that. This forum let me know about GnR in Dublin in 2006, one of the best gigs I've ever been at. It gave me leaks and demos and snippets of info that kept the flame alive over those long and awkward years.

I will miss this place a lot. Hopefully the majority of users can be active somewhere else so we can keep some of the spirit alive.

At the end of the day, I really do not think things are as difficult as Axl makes them out to be. He could update the website in five minutes if he wanted to but he hasn't done and probably won't. I think he has issues but I think he needs to realise how little he can do to make so many people happy. In saying that, people expect too much of him. I hope that maybe in the future mygnr can return if Guns ever gets on top of the world again.

Guest Len B'stard

I think a lot of us would be willing to help and donate some money to keep this site alive.

Sadly I don't think Eric sees this as an option...

There's a thread over there that says give us two days, go in there and show your fuckin willingness man, lets do this.

Ok this caught me off guard,

Thank you to everyone who has ever been on this forum, posted, moderated, etc. Honestly I do not know what I will do with my free time now!

There is alot of things behind the scenes most don't know / see. Eric is moving on, he can't keep pumping out $ hand over fist keeping a site alive with not much in return.

Thanks to Eric for giving a place to talk about our favorite band for so many years :)

If anyone wants to get in touch with me check out www.twitter.com/gunsguy or opgunsguy@yahoo.ca or most of you know where to find me.

No other site comes even remotely close to this one for me at least, I am a member at almost every Guns site out there with very low post count, this is my home here with you guys.

Take care everyone!

Justin - A.K.A. Gunsguy

I'm really going to miss this place. I may not be the most active poster, but this is the best Guns N' Roses forum out there.

Hopefully we can somehow find a way to save it. So much has happened on here.

Guns N' Roses and this site is like therapy to me. Whenever I'm feeling down, I just get on mygnr to see if there's any updates.

We might be able to save this place, but if not then it's been a great time.

What forum will the majority of mygnr members go to now? Let me know so I can join. The people on here are great.

I'm not giving up on this forum yet though. Let's pull together and save this place.

very sad indeed - i wan to thank this forum for what it's done for me as a Gn'R fan most importantly

it kept me updated when there was in fact news, educated me on what was going on, plus it had so many wonderful posters who i've met along the way

sad to hear but much appreciative Eric & all who made this place run!

fondest memories of this place were the Hammerstein ballroom pre-sale which was the most excited i've ever been being a Gn'R fan

cheers & thanks for the memories! rock3

Wow, this was a shock.

It makes me a little sad really. I grew through my teenage years with this board and although I never post as much as I used to, I always had a certain affection for this place, and its members that always had me coming back just to pop in for a little while. Now that this place is closing, it feels like a chapter of my life is closing too. I'll miss this place a lot, a great source of information and (usually heated) discussion, but there are also a few people on here that I got to know closely and not afraid to say I call them friends.

Although I wish this place could stay open, I respect Eric's decision and thank him and all the moderators over the years for their hard work. The question is, which forum is everyone off to?

Seems everything we've ever known's here, I never wanted it to die

I´m surprised that this place is being closed down but I can´t say I am surprised by the lack of interest from the band since this forum´s been pretty negative and every time we´ve had a chance to talk to any of the band members or the camp they´ve been bashed and treated like shit. Also, Madison didn´t help with her unfair attitude towards a lot of people in here.

Guest siliconmessiah

Yes...my feelings right now is dissapointment, and that´s not directed towards Eric or any of the people or moderators here.

It´s directed towards the band and Axl Rose. He was just a cash-grabber after all, and there was apparently no plan of multiple releases.

I´m jumping off the bandwagon, because there seems to be nothing to be able to defend anymore.

Have a great time fellow gunners! It has been great discussing with you all.

And Axl Rose...you´re a coward.

Edited by siliconmessiah

This site is more on Axl and nuGNR's haters. It is also a site where you can find lots of Slash news and promotions. No wonder current GNR won't support it.

I just hope to find new GNR line-up website.

it's called here today gone to hell, try it you won't find a slash fan in sight

This site is more on Axl and nuGNR's haters. It is also a site where you can find lots of Slash news and promotions. No wonder current GNR won't support it.

I just hope to find new GNR line-up website.

it's called here today gone to hell, try it you won't find a slash fan in sight

I wont go back there

**falls on the shower floor fully clothed rocking back and forth**

Jarmo....bad man.......bad man......need to get clean.

RIP Mygnrforum. You've been a big part of my post-college life for the past 11 years. Maybe we should go old-school and open the message board back-up?

Eddie Fucking Money$$$

fka

Outtagetme (will you un-ban me for the last few hours?)

Sad to see Axl/Beta succeeded in taking this place out so they could funnel everyone over to their lead Gestapo at HTGTH.

They have always hated this place because it exposed Axl's bullshit compared to the controlled environment they prefer to perpetuate over there.

If this isn't confirmation that the guy is completely out of touch with reality then there is no getting through to some of you.

When you're trying to perpetuate a giant fraud (Axl pretending he is GNR) communities like this aren't helpful to your cause, which explains the continued determination on his part to silence it.

Just think to yourselves of all the info you would have missed out on the past decade if HTGTH was your sole GNR information source. It is fucked up that Axl wants and actively encourages that level of censorship for his fans.

Ok, I haven't posted here in a while and this caught me off guard, too. I must say that I will miss this place and the people here. I do check in from time to time and see how everyone is getting on. I wish you all the best that life has to offer and I hope to see you again, on another cloud! Lol!! If you care to keep in touch, look me up on FB: Debbie Broadway. Peace and love to you all, well maybe not all...;)