CHINESE DEMOCRACY

MANETS.FOREVER

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part, its an unfinished and mediocre sounding protools-mishmash fix it in the mix outdated computer rock album.

you can really hear on madagascar and there was a time, for example, how hard axl tried. how hard he tried to live up to the name he had usurped for himself, how hard he tried to live up to the huge task of his own backcatalogue.

There is nothing that could compare with November Rain here, I'm sorry but that's just how the cookie crumbled.

Axl went into the trap of modern technology, he thought that the album would keep getting better when he added more synth-intros infront of synth-intros. or added synthesizer/computer textures. its a trap, it doesnt work. great songs are simple in essence even if they do have an orchestra to do embellishments. if you add 5 guitarists playing shit up against each other, it just makes for a mess of guitars. when in reality, most of the time youd only need one. two for added impact on key sections. axl went through like 10 guitarists for this album but he would have been better off with maybe just bucket and richard, maybe paul tobias to help come up with additional ideas.

having robin finck around does not make your computer rock sound like NIN. you need Trent for that. Not the goofy goth hangaround dude. You would have been better off with Twiggy Ramirez from manson, that guy actually is good at writing songs.

and fuck, most of all, you should have let reasonable people TELL YOU THAT THIS APPROACH OF RECORDING A LITTLE BIT HERE, A LITTLE BIT THERE, SPREAD OUT OVER NEARLY TEN YEARS, THE GAME JUST ISNT PLAYED LIKE THAT. your record sucked.

learn from your mistake, redhaired one. and try to write up and father, a cohesive album.

you got the great players who can help you realize the vision already.

youve got the money to fund it.

but have you got the balls, have you got the inspiration, have you got the courage?

I don't think so but hey, feel free to prove me wrong.

short redhaired dude.

album is terrible. very generic sounding.

i think part of the reason axl took so long to put it out there was cause even he know it wasn't good. certainly doesn't hold a candle to the albums he put out with old guns.

i think part of the reason axl took so long to put it out there was cause even he know it wasn't good. certainly doesn't hold a candle to the albums he put out with old guns.

I think you have serious brain damage, ask your doctor :blink:

good luck!!!! :lol:

i think it's a mind-bogglingly terrible album. terrible in every way. in spite of all the talented people (- finck and tobias) that axl paid to try and be a band. just goes to show that a band is far more than the sum of it's individual players. especially if those individual players tracked their parts separately, generations apart. some of it is staggeringly inept, like the title track with it's cornball intro and warmed-over Rock You Like a Teen Spirit riff. some of it is just embarrassing like the laughably weepy and melodramatic ballads that make every rose has it's thorn sound like adagio for strings.

everything about this joke album was DOA... the riffs, the licks, the hooks, the choruses... a total waste. and especially the lyrics. it's weird how he managed to be both that staggeringly self-important and that meaningless at the same time. i feel embarrassed listening to the album in the same way i'd feel embarrassed reading some 15 year old kid's journal entries about how the guys at school aren't nice to him and the girls break his heart. boo-hoo.

of all the ways the story of bad ass axl rose could have ended, i'm stunned that it would be in a hurricane of self-pity, synth strings and emo weeping. instead of axl writing songs about how he'll one day write good songs and show everyone how great he is, i would have rather him write some great songs that did just that. but instead, he hired paul tobais to crank out the kinds of tunes that had earned him zero fame or success on his own. then i guess he figured if he paid the fastest shredder to shred over those dumb riffs, that it would suddenly add up to great music. lol.

the more axl showed of himself and his album and his embarrassing new band, the more apparent it became that the emperor had no clothes. just bluster and ego. suing a fan forum won't make axl's music any better. it'll just keep fans from discussing things on the internet that everyone in real life already talks about. but maybe that's the way the cowardly lion needs it. he'll never have to worry about hearing how much he's fallen from grace in the real world because his mansions and his housekeeper can protect him from that. but as long as there are guns n' roses fan sites, there will be guns n' roses fans talking about what a colossal douchebag fuck-up axl is. the man and the music.

Edited by cancerface

huge disappointment from a band i loved

but that band no longer exists and over the years ive seen Axl make a mockery of what was once great

releasing an awful album and going on cash grab tours with a cover band for a decade

what a waste

on the bright side of this place closing, people can make posts like this and not hear fuckwits telling them to go to another forum

I love the album. I am not saying its the best , but its up there for me. Im not here to argue with you or say which guns era is better. Nobody will win because your opinion is yours and mine is mine. I have read countless of your posts downgrading CD, again your opinion. After all your negative posts on CD you have NEVER proven any point to me. I love the new lineup (dont hate the old one). I will continue to see Axl's vision of GNR for the future and have stopped living in the past. I hope for some reason ($$$) this forum continues that we could have future friendly discussions.

Edited by batman007

i love lots of things. just not chinese democracy or the fetid turd that axl rose became.

OK .. you show so much hate, you look like a resentful and lifeless :kiss: and it's funny, that's all :lol:

oh no way. if we started talking about some art that i enjoyed, you'd see some lovely glowing discussion. i just think this album is total crap. but that's okay. every band i love made an album or two i thought was crap. same with filmmakers or writers i like. some stuff i like, some i don't.

chinese-democracy-capa.jpg

Best album ever made.

Every and each song of Chinese Democracy is better than every and each other song Guns N' Roses has made.

By the way, Slash sucks.

..can only assume you don't own a pair of ears :D

its not the worst or the best, definately, its somewhere there a little below boringly mediocre.

but it fuels emotion and debate.

thats why the topic was created, again, during our little karmageddon.

Maybe because we are now experiencing the end of times and all that,

maybe, just maybe. The time is now right, for the ultimate and eternal important topic, maybe it is ready to be created now:

Axl vs Slash, the rockfeud of the millennium.