Remember this - where did it all go wrong

Guest Facekicker

Guest RonMexico82

Can't help but look at that, the massive potential there, and look now at where we are today and I just wonder to myself for the second time with this band - Where did it all go wrong?

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah reality sucks don't it. I actually wanted to discuss the potential that was never realised with that line-up but if you would rather resort to comments like that blah blah blah who gives a shit...?

Can't help but look at that, the massive potential there, and look now at where we are today and I just wonder to myself for the second time with this band - Where did it all go wrong?

it didn't.

where do you got the idea of thinking such?

just because this forum has problems?

you are so self-centered to believe that if you post here and that if this forum will close that means the end of GNR

there are at least 20 other sites fonded by fans around the globe that have thousands of users!

there are at least 8.mil. people who like GNR and say so on Facebook and thus they are following the band!

there are at least close to 5 mil. who so GNR in concert in Chinese Democracy era!

stop pretending that GNR = www.mygnr.com

I like this forum a lot and do hope it will work out to keep alive

but it's just another part of the monster that GNR is! ok? ok.

because yes, GNR is more than the band itself!

it's all those people that take an interested in their music,

in their shows, in the news about it!

who use to read magazines and put up posters

and now surf the net for any sign of GNR

and on an on...

GNR is alive and kicking!

and just wait and you'll see a great show at RIR 4!

Guest RonMexico82

I'm not talking about MyGNR. I'm talking about that line-up and how we got from that to the current cash grab mockery of a band.

I could agree with the feeling of disappointment in lost potential with the band, I mean after all isn't that what most Old GNR fans feel about the famous breaking up of the original GNR band? But just speaking of the NuGNR, yeah those band lineups we have seen in this Chinese era had so much potential but in particular the Bucket years lineup. But see for me it's not all lost because there are tons of recordings from the Chinese era and that's why us getting our hands on these old recordings is so important because while we may never see this lineup and band demeanor again we can however experience it through this periods time capsules known as the recordings!

I could agree with the feeling of disappointment in lost potential with the band, I mean after all isn't that what most Old GNR fans feel about the famous breaking up of the original GNR band? But just speaking of the NuGNR, yeah those band lineups we have seen in this Chinese era had so much potential but in particular the Bucket years lineup. But see for me it's not all lost because there are tons of recordings from the Chinese era and that's why us getting our hands on these old recordings is so important because while we may never see this lineup and band demeanor again we can however experience it through this periods time capsules known as the recordings!

True.

well, it was never really going very well in the first place. This band couldn't have succeeded in the shadow of the old band, maybe if it had a different name, but the fact that its still supposed to be Guns N' Roses even though its... not even the same band, really prevents a lot of people from taking it seriously. Guns N' Roses was a great band because it had great combination of musical personalities captured in time, no matter who you track down, no matter who you pay, you can't match that. Shit like that just happens, you can't make it up.

Man I could not agree more. I remember when I saw this I was so fuckin' pumped, zipped down to Vegas to see them soon thereafter and was on cloud nine. The bottom line is that Axl fucked it up....again.

I supported this new band for years, but after watching everything unfold over the last decade I realized he needs to get back with the old guys and produce some magic again. He had his chance and showed that he couldn't bring much to the table other than excuses and line up changes. After a while you have to look in the mirror and realize that everybody else is not the problem, you are.

Guest siliconmessiah

Man I could not agree more. I remember when I saw this I was so fuckin' pumped, zipped down to Vegas to see them soon thereafter and was on cloud nine. The bottom line is that Axl fucked it up....again.

I supported this new band for years, but after watching everything unfold over the last decade I realized he needs to get back with the old guys and produce some magic again. He had his chance and showed that he couldn't bring much to the table other than excuses and line up changes. After a while you have to look in the mirror and realize that everybody else is not the problem, you are.

I also agree with you guys.

Axl had the potential to build from here, if there had been a consistent lineup and releases made, they could have made it back to top. So many talented guys, like Buckethead for example!

What happened is just sad.

Guest siliconmessiah

I wish that the lineup from 2002 will rise and rebuild out of the rubble.

A new album with Finck and Bucket would be something to remember.

Guest siliconmessiah

wtf is Robin doing from1:00 ?

might be a little drunk

It´s amazing how bucket takes on this song...had me from the first time I heard it.

I had tickets for GNR:s first postponed then cancelled (business as usual) Euro-Tour back in 2001...but I had to wait until 2006. It was fine, although no Bucket =/. But then Finck left, and the band got crippled now dead.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

Where did it all go wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrWaYnZRcc4

They should have released the album just here. And continued to build upon this...

Instead they tried the Chinese Democracy tour in 2010 with a crippled lineup and a copy of slash with a hat on.

No wonder they went down in flames.

Edited by siliconmessiah

A new album with Finck and Bucket would be something to remember.

the first one wasn't, why would the 2nd one be?

That's a good question.

It seems like some people will just never give up their hopes about the "new band" and "how great it could have been"...