We're worrying too much

Guns n' Swedes

what and say fuck you to the fans in the us that bought the album?

Because they didn't "buy the album" the rest of the world did. It went #1 in 90% of the countries it was released in including Canada which is why we got a tour :D

it still went to #3 on the us charts so it did pretty well for no promotion or anything like that i just want to see them in the worst way i was going to see them in tampa in 2002 but the show got cancelled :cry:

That sucks dude. But I can't say that I have a ton of sympathy. I have had to fly out countless times to the united states to see artists that i like. It sucks, but sometimes u just gotta shell out the cash.

i live in the us the problem isnt finding where they play they always play boston which is only an 1 hr away its just getting them to play the us im sure they will get around to it sooner rather than later rock2

If wad in your position I would have been flying/driving to Toronto, Hamilton or Montreal. Those are what? 3-4 hours away by car?

I saw them in Edmonton and jumped on a bus for 4 hours to see them in Calgary.

No offense, but you guys aren't trying hard enough. But I guess when you live in an area where you aren't used to having to make an effort to see your favorite artists, so I can understand...

dude seriously what is your deal? are you an asshole just to be one or something?

I'm saying that you're not that big of a fan. You say that you'd see them if they were an a hour away, but 3-4 is waaay too much.

If you wanted to see them you could have bought a ticket and driven to Canada. I have flown half way across the continent to see some artists and you can't drive a few hours. In most cases a band will tour the US and skip Canada, in this case we had the exact opposite. So I have ABSOLUTELY no compassion for Americans who say that they had no chance to see them ESPECIALLY those living in your area (The Northeast). You just want them to show up on your doorstep without much inconvenience and If they don't you'll just complain. In 2002 I flew to Vancouver to see them, but that never materialized... and I still payed to see them twice in 2006 and twice in 2010.

You're just spoiled. Almost none of the bands that I like come anywhere near where I live and it pisses me off to see spoiled brats complain when ONE band (even if it's their favorite) doesn't show up ESPECIALLY when they had ample opportunity to see them if they had tried.

It's just not that important to you is all that I'm saying.

Well not everyone has that opportunity. Some people have jobs that require that they stay and not travel in order to make a living.

Just because we want them to play in our area it doesn't mean we are any less of a fan than you. Sure I would love to see them in Canada, but it is not as easy as buying a ticket and going. And that doesn't mean shit as to what kind of a fan I am, a TOUR is when a band travels around and plays different venues. Nothing wrong with wanting a band to play your area.

thank you i have a job i got bills to pay i cant just fly to a concert and get back and work i was going in 2002 show got canceled in 2006 my mother underwent serious surgery something must take priorty you know like i said im sure they will tour the us again and i will go

yeah it sucks when your friend has 2 tickets to see gnr in jacksonville and you cant go. like i said i have seen concerts i pay for concerts i pay for albums we are not on this forum because we are casual gnr fans lol

I just watched a clip from the Australia tour and it's amazing to see how much better they were at the end of the tour, compared to the beginning. Axl looked like he had lost a ton of weight and the voice was perfect, as was the on stage chemistry.

Just sayin'

Hopefully this translates into great studio recordings as well

I love the music on Chinese Democracy but it could have been handled sooo much better imo. It could have been a lot better if everything was recorded in the same time-frame, and not copied and pasted together. I mean come on CITR has 10 year old vocals combined with guitar parts rerecorded by Bumble in 2007. Sure the album is crystal clear and very dynamic sonically but it still sounds manufactured, which could have been changed if the recording was more organic.

Hopefully for the next album we get the whole band laying down the tracks together (and have the same people tour the album as the ones who were actually on the record)

Maybe we all do worry too much, but its just because a lot of shit could've gone down a lot better than it ended up being

Edited by WhazUp

I just watched a clip from the Australia tour and it's amazing to see how much better they were at the end of the tour, compared to the beginning. Axl looked like he had lost a ton of weight and the voice was perfect, as was the on stage chemistry.

Just sayin'

Hopefully this translates into great studio recordings as well

I love the music on Chinese Democracy but it could have been handled sooo much better imo. It could have been a lot better if everything was recorded in the same time-frame, and not copied and pasted together. I mean come on CITR has 10 year old vocals combined with guitar parts rerecorded by Bumble in 2007. Sure the album is crystal clear and very dynamic sonically but it still sounds manufactured, which could have been changed if the recording was more organic.

Hopefully for the next album we get the whole band laying down the tracks together (and have the same people tour the album as the ones who were actually on the record)

i agree that kind of threw me off a bit i love chinese democracy but you can tell certain parts were older than others it does fuck with your ear a bit lol