more than 10 million face-bookers into GNR

STARABOSTES

but com'on, let look at the bright side of it, shall we!?

You are a joke.

To look at the bright side of Guns N´ Roses of 2011....good one.

Well, I cannot find anything to defend GNR and Axl from the haters on that page. Because all we have is no news (if the band splitting up for the summer doesn´t count as news, or the homepage that was updated TWO YEARS AGO, or another one-show in RIR in six months).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

You are a joke.

Well, I cannot find anything to defend GNR and Axl from the haters on that page. Because all we have is no news (if the band splitting up for the summer doesn´t count as news, or the homepage that was updated TWO YEARS AGO, or another one-show in RIR in six months).

Eh?

The band splitting up for summer, the homepage updated two years ago...that´s not an opinon. That´s a fact.

You are a joke.

Eh?

The band splitting up for summer, the homepage updated two years ago...that´s not an opinon. That´s a fact.

yeah I know. I meant at the fact that you called me "a joke".

so Ok.

You still can't see the bright side?

well it's in front of you.

with NO NEWS, NO TOUR, NO VIDEOS - unlike U2 - GNR surpass U2 on fans number on Facebook.

I really don't care about Facebook in any other way but to count the fans number GNR have,

because us here, the forum member count for shit on the big scale.

therefore in my books this goes to show that GNR are alive and kicking for some more than 8.6 mil fans - which by all means could all hate the state of the band at the present but still like GNR for what it was for what it is - it don't matter because they are into GNR. and GNR exists either you or the Slash fans like it or not, it exists.

Guest siliconmessiah

and GNR exists

But I don´t really know if they do, and what they do.

As I go onto their homepage, it says March 2008 and that they have hired a new "axeman" called DJ Ashba.

There are also a couple of tour dates listed. What year are they from? Who´s in the band? Any upcoming shows?

Edited by siliconmessiah

and GNR exists

But I don´t really know if they do, and what they do.

As I go onto their homepage, it says March 2008 and that they have hired a new "axeman" called DJ Ashba.

There are also a couple of tour dates listed. What year are they from? Who´s in the band? Any upcoming shows?

:rofl-lol: yeah man YOU ARE RIGHT!

we don't really know what they do as a band. we know people from the band are touring, releasing albums for another band :rofl-lol:

that one of them played Shackler's Revenge on a guitar lesson or something,

and and

one of them is working on new material on GNR. just one.

so, I know that GNR at the moment is inactive as a group,

but, nevertheless the band still exists.

and let's not forget why I started this topic in the first place,

exactly because GNR are inactive, and maybe, none of the staff realized the importance of having 8.6 mil fans on GNR.

yes there are so many things to be done from GNR part,

like uploading some live videos from the tour for songs from Chinese Democracy album,

release some DVDs.

some music videos.

but, GNR is at is, intentionally or not - because after the Azzof think I just don't know, as before I thought it all dependent on the read head's decisions.

maybe there are strong tides against GNR in the USA...

I don't know. I don't really care.

I like GNR music - all of it.

I like them live.

I want new music.

I want them to go live asap.

but that's that. this are just my wishes.

and eventually they'll come true.

every wish comes true.

Edited by STARABOSTES

Guest siliconmessiah

If we had some news instead of silence, it would be more easy to look forward to Rock In Rio.

Guest siliconmessiah

If we had some news instead of silence, it would be more easy to look forward to Rock In Rio.

Why do you need "news" to "look forward" to Rock in Rio?

Because if nothing else is being said, there is quite a big risk that in june/july there will be a message on www.gunsnroses.com that states something like this:

Guns N' Roses have officially cancelled their appearance at Rock In Rio, citing guitarists Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus recent departure from the group as the cause of the cancellation. Frontman Axl Rose's official statement on the matter is as follows:

"The band has been put in an untenable position by Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus and their untimely departure"

"During their tenure with the band, Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus have been inconsistent and erratic in both their behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. Their transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even their closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with them whatsoever.

"Last time I talked to Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus, they called to tell me they had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud they were to be in Guns and how impressed they were with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Tommy that Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Tommy he had been 'gone' but had turned themselves around and were really excited to do Rio and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus, it appears their plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to them, quit GN'R and to use their involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote their individual efforts...Nice guys!

"On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the fourth time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus´s roles in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus contributions and remain open to 'discussions' as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

You have really hit the bottom of the barrel :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Well, you know Volcano.

That scenario actually happened with Buckethead, and things were much like they are today, with the silence and all.

I can´t see how you just try to laugh it off.

Dude get some medication because you clearly have mental problems (not trying to insult you just stating a fact so you can get help)

We all know what the band is up to this summer so what "news" do you want? Like some twitter shit ever hour?

GNR twitter announcements for sillicon

Axl: taking a shit right now Round 2 coming up!

BBF: just scratched my balls (did you get that one sillicon?)

Frank: Someone just called me Mr. T

DJ: Right now im getting ready to screw my hot ass girlfriend. Axl is right beside us reviewing the new songs we wrote together.

Dizzy: i've written 10000000000 songs for GNR. Hope your are happy now sillicon

Chris: Celine Dion will be on the next GNR record

Tommy: chris was joking about Celine Dion....Justin Beiber actually makes an appearance

Fortus: I'm down with Beiber

:rofl-lol: fucking aye! this is the funnies thing read in a while now!

Because if nothing else is being said, there is quite a big risk that in june/july there will be a message on www.gunsnroses.com that states something like this:

Guns N' Roses have officially cancelled their appearance at Rock In Rio, citing guitarists Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus recent departure from the group as the cause of the cancellation. Frontman Axl Rose's official statement on the matter is as follows:

"The band has been put in an untenable position by Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus and their untimely departure"

"During their tenure with the band, Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus have been inconsistent and erratic in both their behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. Their transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even their closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with them whatsoever.

"Last time I talked to Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus, they called to tell me they had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud they were to be in Guns and how impressed they were with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Tommy that Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Tommy he had been 'gone' but had turned themselves around and were really excited to do Rio and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus, it appears their plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to them, quit GN'R and to use their involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote their individual efforts...Nice guys!

"On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the fourth time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus´s roles in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bumblefoot/DJ Ashba/Richard Fortus contributions and remain open to 'discussions' as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."

:rofl-lol: than again your sense of humor matches the one of Vulcano! :thumbsup: this is a good one!

and by all means it could be a real one sometime, hope not that soon. B)

Guest siliconmessiah

I am glad that you see it with humor, as that was my intention (and also to taunt volcano a little, as he goes bananas over every little opinion that raises doubts over Axl´s way of running Guns N´ Roses and not communicating with the fans).

We´ll see in time what ´ll happen and what lineup that will go on stage for Rock in Rio.

I would also like to know why Volcano sees 2004-2005 as the worst years for GNR. As you can see, in 2004, Axl states "Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months".

It was brighter then than things are now.

Guest siliconmessiah

I would also like to know why Volcano sees 2004-2005 as the worst years for GNR. As you can see, in 2004, Axl states "Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months".

It was brighter then than things are now.

The album came out 4 years later.....not really bright.

You know, people clinged on to that quote from Axl, and hence "the wait" in 2004-2005 were a lot like the situation that now unfolds.

It´s almost identical, with the silence. Can´t you see that?

Guest siliconmessiah

those years can't be worse than the post UYI tour grand gap of nothingness and ppl leaving. 94-2001 was pretty dire.

Yes. I mean that Volcano is out & sailing on the open ocean. The 2000´s has been filled with news and rumors. In 20004-2005-2006 everyone really expected the album to arrive, as Axl spoke on it happening.

Things were moving back then.

Edited by siliconmessiah

people let's get on track here!

I started this thread to prove to anyone who believe that GNR are not popular

that they are!

in spite of not having a goof PR.

in spite of not communicating with their fans in a lucrative way.

the number of fans GNR have on Facebook is a proof of it.

I know that there are people, like here B) , who still can get what GNR is now,

and that they bash the current line-up and Axl in particular,

but, if the same people gave there a like to GNR then they are stupid,

that is they simply can't understand that GNR is how it is and not as they would want it to be.

I found it a real proof of how the fascination of GNR is alive.

and YES it is for what it was, but more is for what it is,

namely a band fully reformed, who changed it's entire start to fame line-up

with the exception of the lead singer, whom, especially for keeping the band going

got and gets the biggest piles of shit.

because people can not understand that this man,

Axl Rose identifies the most from the past line-up with Guns N' Roses.

that he so it from the start as he's own being.

I respect he's commitment to this concept of GNR as a band,

that has to kept going in spite of everyone - even though the millions who attend to it's(band's) shows, who bought it's last album,

and follow it on Facebook by the millions, who full the fan forums around the globe, are not everyone B).

Guns N' Roses has millions of fans around the globe, and at least 600.000 in the USA (who bought the last album).

this band is one of the greatest rock n' roll bands in the last 30 years,

especially for all the changes that it took!

it's like a dragon that changes skins but will keep on going until it's truly final end.

and that end can come anytime and that's why this band spreads so much fascination!

Edited by STARABOSTES

and YES it is for what it was, but more is for what it is

that's pretty doubtful, where were these 8 million people when CD came out?

"in my ass" - to quote the man. B)

man! I meant it in the sense that they are into to it not for the current line up but for what GNR stands for today!

that is, a band with just one original member.

a band that released 1 album in it's last 18 years now.

a band that some millions want it to become a nostalgia act, because they are nostalgic over their past youths,

or because they believe that AFD is the best album that this band ever put out.

a band that toured the world twice for an album that wasn't out then, and the third time after it was released.

a band that does so little to promote it self.

and so on...

Edited by STARABOSTES

and YES it is for what it was, but more is for what it is

that's pretty doubtful, where were these 8 million people when CD came out?

"in my ass" - to quote the man. B)

man! I meant it in the sense that they are into to it not for the current line up but for what GNR stands for today!

that is, a band with just one original member.

a band that released 1 album in it's last 18 years now.

a band that some millions want it to become a nostalgia act, because they are nostalgic over their past youths,

or because they believe that AFD is the best album that this band ever put out.

a band that toured the world twice for an album that wasn't out then, and the third time after it was released.

a band that does so little to promote it self.

and so on...

Nice answer here...

• 2 weeks later...

so... GNR are breathing on Nickelback's back B) now.

after leaving behind bands as U2 and now Evanescence.

just one aspect of how relevant is GNR in 2011. ok!? ok.

"everything is possible..."

hey, by the way,

if any of you could help me out with this

check out at min.4.26 as Ron's put it -

"it's GNR you never fucking know what's gonna happen "

and I want just that part. it's at 4.26 min.

I just want it so I can used each time someone is complaining on GNR around here B)

hey, by the way,

I just want it so I can used each time someone is complaining on GNR around here B)

Good luck with appeasing all the chronic complainers on here,they seem to feed on the negative aspects,none of the positive :thumbsup:

hey, by the way,

Good luck with appeasing all the chronic complainers on here,they seem to feed on the negative aspects,none of the positive :thumbsup:

thanks man! I'll try B)

but in the land of gnr fans "ain't fun" is the word of the day.

so :shrugs: about these guys.

but I know, there are some readers,

like I was -it took me 2 years to make an account, and the main reason was

to try to show the bright side, if there was or is or will be any -

who see the good side.

if there isn't that's fine, than no need to point it out, as it's more than obvious

for everyone. the point is that people, in general, living in this no-world

often see only the negative side of things, as they were educated to see hat,

and doing so, they consume there own energy in a negative way,\

resulting more negative energy into others,

so the circle goes on and on.

and that's not cool man.

but, there are always bright side of things, in my book,

and I try to show the others.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Guns N' Roses ("Chinese Democracy" onwards) is like vagina... it seems strange and unattractive but once you get a taste you're hooked. The revolution is ever expanding.

Guns N' Roses ("Chinese Democracy" onwards) is like vagina... it seems strange and unattractive but once you get a taste you're hooked. The revolution is ever expanding.

the best comparison there! :rofl-lol: best of laughs I had for today!

people let's get on track here!

I started this thread to prove to anyone who believe that GNR are not popular

that they are!

in spite of not having a goof PR.

in spite of not communicating with their fans in a lucrative way.

the number of fans GNR have on Facebook is a proof of it.

They are huge, not so much in America, but globally where rock is still enjoyed...sure. FB doesn't need to be the proof of that, selling out mega-dome's and headlining festivals serves as proof.

BUT...

It doesn't mean they'll ever sell any records again. (This is where your 'dead' theory comes from maybe) Of the 9 million 8.5 of them dloaded CD for $0. The ONLY way GnR, or many rockers with fans over 12 who are smart enough/allowed to download, is playing live. Ironically you're playing live to the people that stole your album, but it's the only way to make 10 or so bucks net gain off of them. So basically on that front all music with fans over 12 is 'dead'. You think Bruce Springsteen or The Stones sell 5-10, or even 2, million records per release since high speed internet hit? Or even since 99 when low speed Napster was prominent? Nope, but they can still fill a mega-dome!

Edited by axlskAmpf