McCartney, Ringo, Jagger & Johnny Rotten supergroup?!?!

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

Olympics Supergroup To Include McCartney, Lydon And Jagger??

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's this??

Organizers for the upcoming 2012 Olympic games are currently working on what could possibly be the most amazing opening ceremony ever. EVER.

Directed by Oscar-winner Danny Boyle, the show is rumored to include a supergroup that will include Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Sir Mick Jagger, and John Lydon (Johnny Rotten of Sex Pistols fame).

Yes, this is blowing our minds as well.

And we're not the only ones who are excited about this. Gold medal-winning rower Sir Steve Redgrave says:

"The London Games gives us a chance to celebrate our own history… We have to show the world what we are good at. If Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo came together with great bands like the Rolling Stones and the Sex Pistols it would be fantastic. They are a huge part of our history. It would kick off the party and put us center of the world's attention."

And the universe too. Just sayin'.

We knew that the Olympics in London were going to be pretty awesome, but THIS will make it over the top!

So excited! Keeping our fingers crossed!

http://perezhilton.com/2011-04-25-olympics-supergroup-to-include-paul-mccartney-john-lydon-mick-jagger

Don't do it John, you're too good for this...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

The butter commercial had a point and a purpose, to finance a tour for a very important band and then an album with NO record company backing whatsoever, this is just gross. And yeah, he did say Filthy Lucre tour was for money just as the great rock n roll swindle was said to be just for money, it's just a pre-emptive strike, shuts the journo's up. Say your out for the money right off the bat and you've effectively stuffed a sock in their mouth. And also it's a degree of Lydonian honesty cuz lets face it, when is it NOT for the money? We're not communists, people expect to get paid when they clock out.

But this is just rancid. But i don't worry anyway cuz John would never do it.

Huge Pistols/PiL fan and don't know if I can see Lydon doing this. Whilst he was seen as having 'sold out' in doing the butter ad, as has been said that had a point in financing the PiL reunion. He doesn't strike me as a 'part of the establishment' kind of guy at all so whether he'll do this I don't know. It would be cool if it happened though.

The Olympic organisers try to get lots of people to do things, I think they said at one point they wanted Zeppelin to get together for it, now Plant would never reunite with Zeppelin again and definitely not for something like this. Apparently he was asked to perform with Page at the closing ceremony back in '08 but refused (and rightfully so IMO). That rumour could have been total bull though.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

It would be better if they got Noel and/or Liam instead of Lydon.

No it would be better if they got also Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards and Brian May, together with McCartney, Ringo and Jagger. That would be awesome!

Edited by MBRose

No it would be better if they got also Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards and Brian May, together with McCartney, Ringo and Jagger. That would be awesome!

Nah, a Gallagher would be awesome. They would absolutely love to play with Beatles of course, plus I'm against all this "40 years must have passed before recognition".

Guest Len B'stard

That sounds obscene. They should just let PiL play.

Coupled with the Father Ted quote you are officially the coolest forum member as of now.

Nobody is too good to share the stage with McCartney.

Apparently there is. They call him John Lydon. He already refused to collab with him. And good thing too. I've seen both live and PiL/Pistols fuckin do it.

And to everyones suggestions, Page, Plant, Gallagher, good, all or any of em...but not...not John Lydon...not this guy:

I learnt a very valuable lesson about boring old hippies watching Paul McCartneys gig..

Thats how its done :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Nah, a Gallagher would be awesome. They would absolutely love to play with Beatles of course, plus I'm against all this "40 years must have passed before recognition".

I see your point, for me it's not a 40+ thing. I am just not really an Oasis person, but I am a huge Led and queen person. That's why.

That sounds obscene. They should just let PiL play.

Coupled with the Father Ted quote you are officially the coolest forum member as of now.

Nobody is too good to share the stage with McCartney.

Apparently there is. They call him John Lydon. He already refused to collab with him. And good thing too. I've seen both live and PiL/Pistols fuckin do it.

And to everyones suggestions, Page, Plant, Gallagher, good, all or any of em...but not...not John Lydon...not this guy:

I learnt a very valuable lesson about boring old hippies watching Paul McCartneys gig..

Thats how its done :)

That he refused just shows that hes a useless piece of shit. John Lydon siimply is a nobody compared to Macca. An insignificant shitty little bugger.

Guest Len B'stard
That he refused just shows that hes a useless piece of shit. John Lydon siimply is a nobody compared to Macca. An insignificant shitty little bugger.

Lydon is one of VERY few people in the sphere of post war popular music that can claim to've had as much impact as McCartney did in The Beatles. Ever been to a McCartney gig? Never seen such a congregation of slack cocks in all my life..

Guest Len B'stard

Some might say even more. The Sex Pistols and conversely punk has influenced EVERYTHING. It's totally inseperable from contemporary culture, more so even than rock n roll which as Mr McLaren rightly predicted, it has eclipsed.

Punk effected music, there are entire genres, entire movements, entire scenes and not just underground ones that exist because punk made that possible. Jesus, the entire existence of the Manchester scene can be traced back to a single Sex Pistols gig. Punk effected fashion and infiltrated and dictated to what is now common forms of dress. Punk influenced the arts, painting, cinema, some of the most amazing directors of our time were immediately and deeply effected by punk rock, people like Jim Jarmusch and Marty Scorsese.

It's just immeasurable, it's hard to lay it all out. Suffice to say the majority of the most important artists in popular music post The Sex Pistols could be said to've been influenced by them, some directly most very directly. Dance music, hip hop, reggae, all these genres either took something from or were directly and fundamentally informed by punk rock. The entire existence of independent music and independent music scenes is pretty much the work of punk.

Guest Len B'stard

Punk may has had an impact, but there's way more to Punk than John Lydon or Sex Pistols.

By that rationale you could attribute a lot of what is considered The Beatleses influence to the 60s and not being specifically about them. Like their guiding hand in psychedelia and their effect on fashion, a lot of which was just mod stuff. Some of the stuff in which they were considered pioneers in music involved a lot of cue taking from different bands and avenues of popular culture.

A fair argument can be made that the beatles were more influencED than influential.

Edited by sugaraylen