METALLICAA FUCK YEA

Guest jaytus

I don't understand the lack of love for the album. The only low point for me is Four Horsemen, which they definitely should have left as The Mechanix (one badass song). If Dave were on it then it probably would undeniably be their best work besides RTL.

Edited by mrandyk

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously have differing opinions since you aren't exactly a fan of their debut, but I think Ride the Lightning is better by far. Master seems unnecessarily long and really drags on, made very apparent by the lack of any solos or riffs that match up to those found on RTL (or even Kill em All, imo). The title track and album are probably the two most grossly overrated things in metal. Definitely not even close to being the end all, be all of metal albums like many hail it to be. I've never understood the hype, especially when Ride the Lightning came first.

Absolutely not.

Holier Than Thou, The God The Failed, Don't Tread On Me, etc.

The Black Album is solid, you bitches.

holier than thou has some of the worst lyrics ever written, the god that failed is decent, dont tread on me is pretty bad the only 2 songs that are even close to good are my friend of misery and the unforgiven(being the only song i consider great on the album)

it was there worst album until load and then reload, st anger, death magnetic came along :tongue2:

Oh come on, Enter Sandman and Sad But True are classic. And meh, lyrics don't always mean everything to me. The song sounds great, in my opinion.

Reload is better than Load.

St. Anger is shit.

And Death Magnetic gets too much shit. It's a pretty solid album, in my opinion.

i think load is better than reload :tongue2:

enter sandman and sad but true are just mediocre IMO

Absolutely not.

All three of those songs suck almost as much as Better Than You. The only songs that save the black album from being total shit are Wherever I May Roam, Unforgiven and Misery (which should have been an instrumental).

RTL > Puppets > Justice > KEA = Load > BM > Garage Inc > DM > Black Album > St Anger > Reload > Lulu

Edited by bacardimayne

Absolutely not.

All three of those songs suck almost as much as Better Than You. The only songs that save the black album from being total shit are Wherever I May Roam, Unforgiven and Misery (which should have been an instrumental).

RTL > Puppets > Justice > KEA = Load > BM > Garage Inc > DM > Black Album > St Anger > Reload > Lulu

totally agree i dont like wherever i may roam but to me the unforgiven is the only great song on the album my friend of misery is ruined by james his singing just got really bad on the black album he started on AJFA but on the black album he took it to a whole new level of shit IMO

me it would go

justice>rtl>master>kea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>garage inc>black album> load>st anger>dm>reload>lulu

i actually liked more songs off st anger than i did death magnetic, at least with st anger some of the frustration and aggression felt real and i could feel it, even though it was horribly done and the song structures were jacked up with death magnetic it felt like it was all plastic like they had some left over black album material laying around and "hey guys i know our old thrash fans are bitching so lets half ass slap some "thrash " stuff at the end of these songs"

• 3 months later...

Best to worst:

Reload

Metallica

Master of Puppets

Death Magnetic

Ride The Lightning

And... Justice For All

Load

Lulu

St. Anger

2-4 kind of rate for me, so they're all kind of a the '2' spot.

Also, Minus Human off of S&M is probably just as good as No Leaf Clover.

and justice for all

ride the lightning

master of puppets

kill em all

rest in any order they equally suck :tongue2:

just realized I forgot Kill 'Em All.. lol Oh well, it kind of sucks aside from like, Whiplash.

Lulu is better than St. Anger, just because of the hilarity involved when you listen to it. "Puny body and a little dick" "Waggling my ass like a dark prostitute" :rofl-lol: St. Anger has Frantic and The Unnamed Feeling and that's it. Not enough to even beat Lulu.

Load is OK, but extremely beat by it's predecessor.